• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like MJF will target P&P to leave next now that Sammy is gone.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like MJF will target P&P to leave next now that Sammy is gone.
Idk. Remember he kept everyone else in the room after Jericho and Sammy left last week...

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they would go a different direction with Wardlow and Hangman Page, they are being wasted and shouldn't be. More of them and less of Darby Allin and Orange Cassidy.

Not a fan of ordinary looking dudes in the pro rasslin' biz.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah didn’t like that, but beyond that the main event delivered.

Joey janellea delivered in a loss

even the chicks delivered. I like Leyla, but she badly needs a gimmick or a mouth piece

There's sort of a fanbase movement to get Leyla on Team Taz and I agree. She'd be a great fit

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk. Remember he kept everyone else in the room after Jericho and Sammy left last week...
But MJF’s whole thing is to bring the Inner Circle down. Next would be to take out the other tag team of the IC. Neither of them looked happy when Sammy left.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But MJF’s whole thing is to bring the Inner Circle down. Next would be to take out the other tag team of the IC. Neither of them looked happy when Sammy left.

I was thinking he wants to take it over, not burn it to the ground.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some observations form last night....

1st Is it me or does Max Castor look alot like a lighter Skinned Russell Wilson?

2nd I could get behind the whole Hirsch and Taz pairing. Gives them something to do.... Weirdly even Callis would be a good fit.

But their are others who need Mouth Pieces or someone "Watching their back"... Jay is a good promo cutter but needs someone watching out for her. Conti needs a mouth Piece....

3rd. I say Both because i think this Taz vs Darby has run it's course and starting to get stale.

4. Sammy leaving the Inner Circle was perfectly done.....

5. I didn't like the dirt on the main event finish. I can see why they did it.... but it was unnessacery.

The biggest is something that was bogging my brain for a while

IMO what makes WWE so good from Year to Year to Year .......

They develop talent very while. They don't go for IWC favorites and making the IWC pop.

Like for example: Teasing bullet club. Kenta.... These are great

BUT

Why not have Starks in Main Event? Hobbs? Allen? Janela? Perry?

If i had Tony's Ear. I tell him to focus on the Young crop you got and make them stars for the Longevity of the company

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some observations form last night....

1st Is it me or does Max Castor look alot like a lighter Skinned Russell Wilson?

2nd I could get behind the whole Hirsch and Taz pairing. Gives them something to do.... Weirdly even Callis would be a good fit.

But their are others who need Mouth Pieces or someone "Watching their back"... Jay is a good promo cutter but needs someone watching out for her. Conti needs a mouth Piece....

3rd. I say Both because i think this Taz vs Darby has run it's course and starting to get stale.

4. Sammy leaving the Inner Circle was perfectly done.....

5. I didn't like the dirt on the main event finish. I can see why they did it.... but it was unnessacery.

The biggest is something that was bogging my brain for a while

IMO what makes WWE so good from Year to Year to Year .......

They develop talent very while. They don't go for IWC favorites and making the IWC pop.

Like for example: Teasing bullet club. Kenta.... These are great

BUT

Why not have Starks in Main Event? Hobbs? Allen? Janela? Perry?

If i had Tony's Ear. I tell him to focus on the Young crop you got and make them stars for the Longevity of the company
I think that Taz with Layla is a better pairing. Neither one will ever be or were the biggest dogs in the fight but they will be the toughest.
The Sammy thing was well done, agreed. I liked at the end when Sammy left, he thought about going back down the heel entrance but went out the face one instead.
I figure the main event finish was to protect Archer with it being 3 against 1. I thought it was obvious when they made the match that Archer was taking the fall.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Taz with Layla is a better pairing. Neither one will ever be or were the biggest dogs in the fight but they will be the toughest.
The Sammy thing was well done, agreed. I liked at the end when Sammy left, he thought about going back down the heel entrance but went out the face one instead.
I figure the main event finish was to protect Archer with it being 3 against 1. I thought it was obvious when they made the match that Archer was taking the fall.

The 3 on 1 was what I was referring to. 1 on 1 clean would have been perfect.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 on 1 was what I was referring to. 1 on 1 clean would have been perfect.
Maybe.

but you need to protect archer too.

he was booked like such a badass even though he took the fall

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But IMO he still would from the "effects" of the match and stuff.
But the problem they've had with Archer is the same that they've had with Brian Cage. Any time they go against an opponent that's not a low level talent, they usually lose. Last week against Kingston was probably Archer's biggest AEW win to date that I can recall (unless you count that Brodie Lee memorial show where he, Grayson and Uno beat Kingston, Butcher and Blade). So at least with Archer's last two losses, they at least tried to protect him by having it take numerous people to take him out, which I'm okay with.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NJPW tag team David Finlay and Juice Robinson had a vignette announcing their coming to Impact last night.

There's a report from Meltzer today saying other NJPW will be coming to the US to work with the partnered companies (Impact, AEW) and one of them would be... OKADA!!!!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NJPW tag team David Finlay and Juice Robinson had a vignette announcing their coming to Impact last night.

There's a report from Meltzer today saying other NJPW will be coming to the US to work with the partnered companies (Impact, AEW) and one of them would be... OKADA!!!!

this is wild. And if aew can’t break through after all this, I’m not sure how they do. This is the biggest Wrestling news since Scott hall showed up on nitro...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is wild. And if aew can’t break through after all this, I’m not sure how they do. This is the biggest Wrestling news since Scott hall showed up on nitro...
It'll probably still be quite a while before Okada or any other big name Japanese stars would come over here to the states. Probably after the travel restrictions are lifted is my guess. It'll still be guys that appear on the Strong show or here in the states that you'll likely see for the foreseeable future.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is wild. And if aew can’t break through after all this, I’m not sure how they do. This is the biggest Wrestling news since Scott hall showed up
Just my opinion but besides their built in audience being excited about this Impact/NJPW deal, I just don't see it being a needle mover as far as gaining more eyeballs on the product. Overall there's just not a large wrestling audience anymore and if the casual or lapsed fans haven't tuned in yet a bunch of talent coming in from Japan or Impact that those people aren't familiar with isn't going to do it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll probably still be quite a while before Okada or any other big name Japanese stars would come over here to the states. Probably after the travel restrictions are lifted is my guess. It'll still be guys that appear on the Strong show or here in the states that you'll likely see for the foreseeable future.

They need to save it for a show with a larger crowd anyway. Won't see decent crowd sizes probably until at least end of Summer.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to save it for a show with a larger crowd anyway. Won't see decent crowd sizes probably until at least end of Summer.
That, and New Japan isn't going to want to randomly take guys out of feuds just so they could do a date for AEW or Impact. I could see possibly summer though if the Olympics do happen this year and travel is easier, since they probably won't be running shows at that point but highly doubt it. But since G1 will probably take place around September-October again, it'd have to be after that. And in return, some of these tag teams in AEW could go over there and do the Tag League in November-December to get some extra experience.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Want to order Revolution badly....

But as a purist at heart.... That main Event turns me off.

Why not just a Texas Death Match or Last man Standing?

Why push the envelope?