• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that their looking at pushing Kenny more as a singles threat.

Three things that I liked:

- Sonny Kiss. Cody made him a viable star tonight and all he had to do, Cody not Sonny, was play heel. Awesome match

- Orange Cassidy segment. How do you continue a feud with one guy not taking.... AEW did that tonight.

- The End. Not the whole Darby comeback. They made Cage look like a uncontrollable Monster. Brilliantly done.

There was one thing that I didn't like.

I would have went outside of WWE alure to get Nrya manager. This just looks like their saying...

"Oh wow. You worked in WWE...... Welcome aboard "
I like that Kenny looks like he's going to slowly morph back into The Cleaner persona. Whenever he and Page lose the belts, they both can go back into singles and be fine.
For the Cody/Sonny match, it was way better than I was expecting. They drove the point home by continuing to say how Cody was taking Sony lightly and you could even see that in Arn's face with how pissed off he was getting at Cody. They showed Tully quite a bit during this match, so I'm wondering if Tully has gotten into Cody's ear and wants to take over managing him.
I wasn't as big of a fan of the Jericho-Cassidy segment. Especially the part where Jericho kept bringing up the demo's. That seemed like a very WCW-esque type thing to do. With the stuff falling on them, it reminded me a lot of when Austin gave Shane, Vince and The Rock a beer bath, mainly with Ortiz flopping around.
Lucha Bros-FTR was a good match. I'm wondering if it'll eventually lead into a 4 way tag match where the winners get a shot at Page and Omega.
Not surprised by the Nyla announcement. I feel like with the lack of depth in their women's division right now, she could easily get back to being the #1 contender and not need a manager to do it.
The Brandi and Alli tag match just seemed like a few minutes of filler. No real point to it.
I liked how Moxley stayed true to what he said before the match and that was to completely work over Cage's arm, which eventually got him the win. And they protected Cage there as well with him not submitting but Taz throwing in the towel.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have went outside of WWE alure to get Nrya manager. This just looks like their saying...

Nyla is painful on the mic, and other than WWE there are no proven mouthpiece managers. I mean, they could have drug Truth Martini from ROH out of retirement but other than hard core wrestling fans who would have known who he was? Unless they were going to go to the WCW well again like they did with Arn & Tully and hired Kevin Sullivan there's not a lot of choices out there.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Kenny looks like he's going to slowly morph back into The Cleaner persona. Whenever he and Page lose the belts, they both can go back into singles and be fine.
For the Cody/Sonny match, it was way better than I was expecting. They drove the point home by continuing to say how Cody was taking Sony lightly and you could even see that in Arn's face with how pissed off he was getting at Cody. They showed Tully quite a bit during this match, so I'm wondering if Tully has gotten into Cody's ear and wants to take over managing him.
I wasn't as big of a fan of the Jericho-Cassidy segment. Especially the part where Jericho kept bringing up the demo's. That seemed like a very WCW-esque type thing to do. With the stuff falling on them, it reminded me a lot of when Austin gave Shane, Vince and The Rock a beer bath, mainly with Ortiz flopping around.
Lucha Bros-FTR was a good match. I'm wondering if it'll eventually lead into a 4 way tag match where the winners get a shot at Page and Omega.
Not surprised by the Nyla announcement. I feel like with the lack of depth in their women's division right now, she could easily get back to being the #1 contender and not need a manager to do it.
The Brandi and Alli tag match just seemed like a few minutes of filler. No real point to it.
I liked how Moxley stayed true to what he said before the match and that was to completely work over Cage's arm, which eventually got him the win. And they protected Cage there as well with him not submitting but Taz throwing in the towel.

Bold #1: Agree, unless the payoff is for Orange Cassidy to morph into the fully capable performer he's capable of being. He played the Fireant character in Chicara, so he can go in the ring, as has been shown when he turns it on in his AEW matches. They'd be better served with 50% less sloth BS and more of the "he can go" style from here on out. You'll get the same effect they desire without the hokiness IMO.

The big problem with the depth is because of the injuries to Baker and Statlander, and with Covid keeping some of the talent away. With the current situation on the women's roster they are wasting Ally in this forced tag team deal, and they should be looking at some of the women they've had on Dark. The Ivelisse & Diamante match they have next week should serve as a springboard for both.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the tease of a potential new Horsemen group of FTR, Cody and Hangman

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the tease of a potential new Horsemen group of FTR, Cody and Hangman
Maybe that'll lead to a Spears face turn and can help revive him from being on Dark every week.

Bold #1: Agree, unless the payoff is for Orange Cassidy to morph into the fully capable performer he's capable of being. He played the Fireant character in Chicara, so he can go in the ring, as has been shown when he turns it on in his AEW matches. They'd be better served with 50% less sloth BS and more of the "he can go" style from here on out. You'll get the same effect they desire without the hokiness IMO.

The big problem with the depth is because of the injuries to Baker and Statlander, and with Covid keeping some of the talent away. With the current situation on the women's roster they are wasting Ally in this forced tag team deal, and they should be looking at some of the women they've had on Dark. The Ivelisse & Diamante match they have next week should serve as a springboard for both.
Right now, the only other option that I can think of for a title match is Big Swole and I just don't see that match as being interesting to too many people. If Tessa Blanchard didn't have a supposed attitude issue, I could easily see her coming in and winning that belt in no time. Hopefully for AEW's sake, some of these women that they've been giving chances to start to catch Tony Kahn's or someone else's eyes like Anna Jay did with her debut.
When Baker comes back, Swole will be her first feud and I could see her going over to get a title match with Shida if she's still champ at that point.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the only other option that I can think of for a title match is Big Swole and I just don't see that match as being interesting to too many people. If Tessa Blanchard didn't have a supposed attitude issue, I could easily see her coming in and winning that belt in no time. Hopefully for AEW's sake, some of these women that they've been giving chances to start to catch Tony Kahn's or someone else's eyes like Anna Jay did with her debut.
When Baker comes back, Swole will be her first feud and I could see her going over to get a title match with Shida if she's still champ at that point.

I love Swole, but she's soooo green yet. She's got potential but she needs some seasoning IMO.

For that matter so is Nyla, but because she's an average man thus a massive woman she's getting a push.

AEW's women's division has been hurt by the fact that they put so much emphasis on overseas talents like the Japanese girls, Bea Priestly, Sadie Gibbes. etc.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Swole, but she's soooo green yet. She's got potential but she needs some seasoning IMO.

For that matter so is Nyla, but because she's an average man thus a massive woman she's getting a push.

AEW's women's division has been hurt by the fact that they put so much emphasis on overseas talents like the Japanese girls, Bea Priestly, Sadie Gibbes. etc.
I've always had the feeling that to start out, they'd rely quite a bit on the Japanese women and then when they could find and/or train other women, they'd slowly phase most of the foreign ones out.
As for Swole being green, agreed, along with plenty of other talent on the roster that could benefit from being able to work indy's over the weekends.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really enjoying the Jericho/Cassidy feud. Its full circle for Jericho who started out his mainstream wrestling career as an undersized ironic wrestler on TNT and is now trying to make a star out of another undersized ironic wrestler starting their mainstream career on TNT. I thought the segment last night was great.

I feel like Cody and Kenny turning heel at the same time is overkill so one of those storylines might be a red herring. Really intrigued to see where that goes.

Other than Rusev I can't think of another available wrestler they can add to the roster right now. Its starting to get crowded. Dark needs to go on TNT soon.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that their looking at pushing Kenny more as a singles threat.

Three things that I liked:

- Sonny Kiss. Cody made him a viable star tonight and all he had to do, Cody not Sonny, was play heel. Awesome match

- Orange Cassidy segment. How do you continue a feud with one guy not taking.... AEW did that tonight.

- The End. Not the whole Darby comeback. They made Cage look like a uncontrollable Monster. Brilliantly done.

totally agreed on super Karen....I mean Vicki guerrero

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is going to come off as an anti-AEW post and it is.....kind of.

This week AEW stomped NXT like a narc at a biker rally. The difference in numbers, while large, isn't terribly surprising. I base that on the recaps I read of both shows. What I'd like to point out, however, is what you haven't heard from Sonny Warbucks (Tony Khan) and Chris Jericho...and that's demos. The 18-49 variety.

Outside of the "demos" promo from Jericho, Sonny Warbucks and Le Champion have been strangely silent. Well, not really. They're silent this week, as opposed to the last 2 weeks, because they won the overall ratings number. When they got beat last week and the week before that, they kept pounding the "demos" drum like it was the end all be all of this ratings non-war (if you believe the BS from AEW). Now that they've won the overall ratings number, as well as the "important" 18-49 demo? *crickets*

This is the type of lies and hypocrisy I've been trying to pound into our resident phony AEW fan (The Q).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my Favorite AEW Moments.

Next to the Golf Cart fiasco

similar to the beer truck and the milk truck?

but liking Cassidy getting more run.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is going to come off as an anti-AEW post and it is.....kind of.

This week AEW stomped NXT like a narc at a biker rally. The difference in numbers, while large, isn't terribly surprising. I base that on the recaps I read of both shows. What I'd like to point out, however, is what you haven't heard from Sonny Warbucks (Tony Khan) and Chris Jericho...and that's demos. The 18-49 variety.

Outside of the "demos" promo from Jericho, Sonny Warbucks and Le Champion have been strangely silent. Well, not really. They're silent this week, as opposed to the last 2 weeks, because they won the overall ratings number. When they got beat last week and the week before that, they kept pounding the "demos" drum like it was the end all be all of this ratings non-war (if you believe the BS from AEW). Now that they've won the overall ratings number, as well as the "important" 18-49 demo? *crickets*

This is the type of lies and hypocrisy I've been trying to pound into our resident phony AEW fan (The Q).
I mentioned that earlier that was part of the reason why I hated that Jericho segment because it was an Eric Bischoff type thing to do when Nitro was winning the ratings war. It was stupid then and it's stupid now. People watching the show don't care about that stuff, they just want to be entertained for a couple of hours. Focus on making the AEW product better, not dogging your opposition.

similar to the beer truck and the milk truck?

but liking Cassidy getting more run.
Or the Blood Bath's from The Brood.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mox was on The Dan Lebatard Show today and teased a big surprise for Dynamite on Wednesday

"I'm not gonna spoil it," Moxley prefaced. "I will tell you. I'll give you this information. Tomorrow night on Dynamite, there will be a big surprise. One that made me exceedingly happy.

"Especially for the more hardcore fans who kind of follow the scene around the world, you're gonna get a big surprise, and even for casual fans or first time viewers, it will be an absolute treat to watch."

Tony Khan also came out today and said Cody will defend the TNT Title against "one of the top independent pro wrestlers in the world"

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mox was on The Dan Lebatard Show today and teased a big surprise for Dynamite on Wednesday

Tony Khan also came out today and said Cody will defend the TNT Title against "one of the top independent pro wrestlers in the world"

Doesn’t sound like it’s rusev. I saw he was heading to japan

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

NXT is hyping up a major announcement too.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t sound like it’s rusev. I saw he was heading to japan

He wasn't being serious. He's been trolling people with little comments like that about various other promotions since he got released