• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Rhodes/allin match...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Rhodes/allin match...

It was fine. Nothing special. The show overall was consistently entertaining though

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was fine. Nothing special. The show overall was consistently entertaining though

As it usually is.

MJF's promo skills are excellent. The JV squad from WWE could learn from him.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else feel Cody should just book the entire show? His stuff is great, I can't dig any of the women's stuff that Omega supposedly runs or the tag team stuff which the Bucks supposedly run

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else feel Cody should just book the entire show? His stuff is great, I can't dig any of the women's stuff that Omega supposedly runs or the tag team stuff which the Bucks supposedly run
I feel like Statlander should be at Riho for the belt. I think that a lot of their problem is that a good portion of their women’s roster could use more ring time. Also, if they could somehow lure say Tessa Blanchard, she could definitely be the face of the division.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I've had a similar thought. Everything Jericho and Cody have done with their own creative is amazing and a step above the rest of the show. I'm not sure either would be able to handle a head creative role while they're still the biggest stars in the company but its worth looking at down the road

If they're going to continue with the non-writer model they really need to factor that in to the roster selection

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Statlander should be at Riho for the belt. I think that a lot of their problem is that a good portion of their women’s roster could use more ring time. Also, if they could somehow lure say Tessa Blanchard, she could definitely be the face of the division.

It was supposed to be statlander/rino this week but CS was double booked.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her Impact deal is up later this year...just saying

Yeah, but you figure WWE is gonna throw a shit ton of cash at her. Her vs Charlotte is ready made. The thing that might be in AEW's favor to counterbalance that money a bit is if they offer to let her continue doing intergender matches. It's something she's said she's really into and I can't see WWE doing that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: PWInsider

For those who have asked if there has been a working agreement forged between New Japan Pro Wrestling and All Elite Wrestling, the answer is no.

The mention of the AEW Championship and tease of Hiroshi Tanahashi getting a title shot at AEW Champion Chris Jericho was never meant to be anything more than a storyline to drive interest into their match at the Tokyo Dome at Wrestle Kingdom 14 weekend.

The idea was something AEW approved of after the idea was pitched to them by Jericho, but there has been no additional talks between the two sides. The stipulation idea benefited AEW as it got their belt showcased in Japan and in front of the biggest show of the year in that country while New Japan was able to keep their fans guessing as to who would win based on the stip.

Beyond that, there has been no discussions between the two sides. NJPW has never been happy about Kenny Omega exiting the company, which may be a factor there.

New Japan technically still has a working relationship with Ring of Honor, although that has been mostly in name only. Impact Wrestling has attempted to forge a working relationship with New Japan in recent years but has always been rebuffed.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Source: PWInsider

For those who have asked if there has been a working agreement forged between New Japan Pro Wrestling and All Elite Wrestling, the answer is no.

The mention of the AEW Championship and tease of Hiroshi Tanahashi getting a title shot at AEW Champion Chris Jericho was never meant to be anything more than a storyline to drive interest into their match at the Tokyo Dome at Wrestle Kingdom 14 weekend.

The idea was something AEW approved of after the idea was pitched to them by Jericho, but there has been no additional talks between the two sides. The stipulation idea benefited AEW as it got their belt showcased in Japan and in front of the biggest show of the year in that country while New Japan was able to keep their fans guessing as to who would win based on the stip.

Beyond that, there has been no discussions between the two sides. NJPW has never been happy about Kenny Omega exiting the company, which may be a factor there.

New Japan technically still has a working relationship with Ring of Honor, although that has been mostly in name only. Impact Wrestling has attempted to forge a working relationship with New Japan in recent years but has always been rebuffed.

I know wrestling fandom breeds conspiracy theories but Jericho appearing there as AEW champion, in a feud built around an AEW title shot, then tapping out the most legendary figure in modern New Japan at their biggest event of the year seems bizzare if the companies are on truly bad terms.

I think it's the start of a slow build

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangman Page's new shirt might be my favorite new wrestling shirt in awhile. This one could be a good seller

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nightmare Collective is ass

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that they need to take the title off of Riho.

Most definitely. The only issue is the only person who would be believable is Statlander and while a good wrestler she has probably the worst fucking gimmick in the entire show. Seriously, everyone damn well knows that if WWE tried to do an alien gimmick the AEW fans would be shitting on it relentlessly.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both that and the Dark Order drag the shows down.

I also think that they need to take the title off of Riho.

Most definitely. The only issue is the only person who would be believable is Statlander and while a good wrestler she has probably the worst fucking gimmick in the entire show. Seriously, everyone damn well knows that if WWE tried to do an alien gimmick the AEW fans would be shitting on it relentlessly.

I don't understand why that if they are gonna have Riho as champ, at least get her a mouth piece or film backstage segments with subtitles. It's just really hard to make your champ work when they don't talk at all. She's basically just a generic Japanese school girl type. I don't even like how WWE never does anything mic wise with Asuka but at least she shows some signs of personality with her body language. Riho just stands there and waves

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why that if they are gonna have Riho as champ, at least get her a mouth piece or film backstage segments with subtitles. It's just really hard to make your champ work when they don't talk at all. She's basically just a generic Japanese school girl type. I don't even like how WWE never does anything mic wise with Asuka but at least she shows some signs of personality with her body language. Riho just stands there and waves
I think the closest she has to a mouthpiece is Michael Nakazawa. But definitely agree that she needs to have a personality other than small, bland baby face that waves at everyone and rarely speaks (and when she does, it’s in Japanese).