• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE did some excellent numbers but Fox was disappointed with the returns compared to the contract they gave them . I think one week during the height of the Bloodline angle it was the highest rated program on TV.
AEW would obviously be a much lower investment with much lower expectations even if it airs on Fox as opposed to FS1
I think Meltzer said everything will eventually be on Max

Yeah, they weren't happy with the return on investment. They paid a ton of money to WWE, but weren't seeing the returns they wanted for ad dollars and driving ratings for other shows. It wasn't that they were opposed to WWE or wrestling, its that they were opposed to paying that price for it. If they can pay AEW a lower number, they could be ok with it getting similar returns

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they weren't happy with the return on investment. They paid a ton of money to WWE, but weren't seeing the returns they wanted for ad dollars and driving ratings for other shows. It wasn't that they were opposed to WWE or wrestling, its that they were opposed to paying that price for it. If they can pay AEW a lower number, they could be ok with it getting similar returns
But they won’t get similar returns though, so yes Fox would be paying less for AEW but AEW doesn’t bring in nearly the same advertisers WWE does so you’re paying them less but they aren’t generating anywhere close in ad revenue.

Also, if Fox was censoring the word shit and muting the broadcast for SD in what world would they be ok with A) the violence we see on AEW or B) AEW fans not watching because it’s 100% different than any other show they have and not what they watch AEW for.

My guess is if they do get a show with Fox it’ll be on FS1 or Tubi.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they won’t get similar returns though, so yes Fox would be paying less for AEW but AEW doesn’t bring in nearly the same advertisers WWE does so you’re paying them less but they aren’t generating anywhere close in ad revenue.

My guess is if they do get a show with Fox it’ll be on FS1 or Tubi.

You don't know what their returns are though. The only thing we see is ratings, but that's not their biggest driver. WWE gets higher ratings than AEW but if companies are only paying ad dollars in the same ballpark for either company, then its a loss for Fox to pay big bucks for WWE's rights. That's why they let them go.