• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should’ve just kept Luchasaurus heel and have Jungle Boy slay him to finally get his hands on Christian.
Got to be a shoot. I don’t see how this would be an angle since they’ve never mentioned these things on television that I remember. Whether you hate people or not, you shouldn’t be publicly burying them. He comes across as an unprofessional dick in this sense.
I wonder if other people were shooting too since Punk did it first, Toni Storm pretty much flat out accused Thunder Rosa of claiming her injury is worse than it is, and Swerve/Keith Lee got super heated when Tony was putting over the Acclaimed and talking about how deserve a rematch while they were both right next to him.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if other people were shooting too since Punk did it first, Toni Storm pretty much flat out accused Thunder Rosa of claiming her injury is worse than it is, and Swerve/Keith Lee got super heated when Tony was putting over the Acclaimed and talking about how deserve a rematch while they were both right next to him.
It sounds like Tony is starting to lose control backstage. This is what happens when a fan runs a promotion and doesn’t really seem to know how to handle all the different personalities. Everything from what it sounds like is that when you try to appease everyone, you appease no one. I think he needs to let someone else run the day to day booking and just tell them where he wants it to go.
I had heard that there were rumors Rosa didn’t want to do the job but nothing definitive. Tony’s comments don’t come across too well. If Tony said he thought it was a fantastic match and would love to see a rematch in the future, it probably wouldn’t have come across nearly as bad.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It sounds like Tony is starting to lose control backstage. This is what happens when a fan runs a promotion and doesn’t really seem to know how to handle all the different personalities. Everything from what it sounds like is that when you try to appease everyone, you appease no one. I think he needs to let someone else run the day to day booking and just tell them where he wants it to go.
I had heard that there were rumors Rosa didn’t want to do the job but nothing definitive. Tony’s comments don’t come across too well. If Tony said he thought it was a fantastic match and would love to see a rematch in the future, it probably wouldn’t have come across nearly as bad.

Tony Khan seems to be in the process of creating the most financially viable wrestling company in the United States since the territory days. His biggest advantage was being born to wealthy family. His second biggest advantage is his legitimate fandom that gives him the perspective to know what fans want.

Egos, politics and backstage egos have always been a part of wrestling. I don't have an issue with this. Punk's ego is why he's so great.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan seems to be in the process of creating the most financially viable wrestling company in the United States since the territory days. His biggest advantage was being born to wealthy family. His second biggest advantage is his legitimate fandom that gives him the perspective to know what fans want.

Egos, politics and backstage egos have always been a part of wrestling. I don't have an issue with this. Punk's ego is why he's so great.

Yes

But I agree he also shouldn’t be the main booker.

Have a former wrestler with credibility for that.

Ideally from the attitude era

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes

Let's say he has a main booker, then the WWE offers them a s**t ton of money. He's now lost a creative vision. I think the current format is the right one but he does need an old school advisor ala Jim Cornette to tighten up the loose ends in the writing

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kind of got overshadowed but some other stories but William Morrissey as the muscle in a faction with Ethan Page as a talker and MJF as a leader sounds good to me

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is hangman and evps even bringing this up?

They should not

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say he has a main booker, then the WWE offers them a s**t ton of money. He's now lost a creative vision. I think the current format is the right one but he does need an old school advisor ala Jim Cornette to tighten up the loose ends in the writing

I’m team bischoff but even cornette would be fun.

I just think having a legit wrestler as the booker following Tony’s long term vision would make the most sense and give credibility to any issues

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes

Give Gabe Sapolsky the booking duties. If you’re thinking Russo, no… just no.

But if Punk’s attitude is causing a huge rift in the locker room and making a lot of people miserable and want out of the company, is it worth it?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But if Punk’s attitude is causing a huge rift in the locker room and making a lot of people miserable and want out of the company, is it worth it?

Bischoff

He’s my dude, I’ll go down with that ship

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I’m open to others for sure.

Even someone like arn Anderson

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I’m team bischoff but even cornette would be fun.

I just think having a legit wrestler as the booker following Tony’s long term vision would make the most sense and give credibility to any issues

I've never been backstage so this is obviously speculation but I always been under the impression the wrestlers work collaboratively with Khan on their own creative so the wrestlers do a lot of their own booking but Khan has final say

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think Sapolsky is close with HHH and is probably in line for a role on WWE sometime but if not he'd be a great resource as part of a booking committee

With Punk as the biggest draw in the company and probably top 3 or 4 draw in any company as a full-time performer I'd say he's worth it. He seems more like a prideful guy than a bad guy based on all the stories over the years. His wrestling psychology is also second to none. He'd be a perfect booker for the company when he retires from the ring

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sapolsky is close with HHH and is probably in line for a role on WWE sometime but if not he'd be a great resource as part of a booking committee

With Punk as the biggest draw in the company and probably top 3 or 4 draw in any company as a full-time performer I'd say he's worth it. He seems more like a prideful guy than a bad guy based on all the stories over the years. His wrestling psychology is also second to none. He'd be a perfect booker for the company when he retires from the ring
But it always seems the problem is is that he always is pissing off people in the locker room and is almost like a cancer in that aspect.
Not disputing his talent at all as he’s one of the handful of guys that I do enjoy watching on the roster. Things are going to get very interesting in the next week or two.
It’s sad that it seems like the backstage drama is more interesting than the product that’s being aired on television.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But it always seems the problem is is that he always is pissing off people in the locker room and is almost like a cancer in that aspect.
Not disputing his talent at all as he’s one of the handful of guys that I do enjoy watching on the roster. Things are going to get very interesting in the next week or two.
It’s sad that it seems like the backstage drama is more interesting than the product that’s being aired on television.

I think the pipe bomb promo benefited a lot of people's careers. I think MJF wouldn't be as over as he is without the Punk program. If this all legit and not a work or an embellishment he's still worth it imo. Everyone in the lockeroom doesn't have to be friends to make compelling TV together imo

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and one last thing, I still hate that freaking face heel tunnel AEW stupidly took from impact, the moment Luchasarus came out of that damn tunnel you knew what was up and that he was back to being heel instead of playing nice with JB like he had been these past few weeks.

One thing I've noticed, and I don't think it means anything other than him fucking around, is Bryan Danielson always comes out of the heel tunnel even though he's a face/aligned with faces. My guess its he's just like "this is dumb. I'm gonna troll by coming out the heel tunnel"

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those two interviews started get me thinking the whole scrum was some kind of work. Swerve/Lee basically worked heel all match and have been doing so in this short 2 week program with the Acclaimed. It's actually been a pretty good yet subtle story of Swerve being more heelish (basically the entire time they've teamed up) and Keith Lee being slowly becoming more heelish. Like Swerve is popping off more in promos but Lee is more measured. Swerve wrestles more heelish, Lee wrestles more face like. But in that match, both guys started attacking Bowen's knee, which is a heel thing to do. And in the scrum, both guys got heated about the possibility of facing them again.

And then with Toni, they have been telling a story over the last month about Thunder Rosa being reluctant to possibly having to face Toni. Then this "injury" did completely come out of nowhere and Rosa put heavy emphasis on whoever won would be the INTERIM winner. So Toni's comment do sorta fit in with that.

But the Punk stuff is just so fucking over the top I don't see the value in any of this being a work. It serves no one. If this Scrum (all of it, not just Punk) is a work, then they need to start bringing elements of this onto live TV and making it story. If they keep doing what they've done over the last month with the backstage rumors just existing on their own, all it does it make you and your company look like a shitshow. If you bring it on TV, at least then you'll have confirmation its story based (and then people can debate the merits of its worth it). If its a shoot, they need to shut it down asap because you just look like a shitshow. But right now, they're stuck in this weird work/shoot middle ground that isn't doing anything.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But the Punk stuff is just so fucking over the top I don't see the value in any of this being a work. It serves no one. If this Scrum (all of it, not just Punk) is a work, then they need to start bringing elements of this onto live TV and making it story. If they keep doing what they've done over the last month with the backstage rumors just existing on their own, all it does it make you and your company look like a shitshow. If you bring it on TV, at least then you'll have confirmation its story based (and then people can debate the merits of its worth it). If its a shoot, they need to shut it down asap because you just look like a shitshow. But right now, they're stuck in this weird work/shoot middle ground that isn't doing anything.

Another thing about the Punk story is it centers around a very real, very authentic lawsuit involving his former best friend. If they're playing 4D chess and have somehow orchestrated an elaborate work around that premise, more power to them. It makes it seem very authentic

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing about the Punk story is it centers around a very real, very authentic lawsuit involving his former best friend. If they're playing 4D chess and have somehow orchestrated an elaborate work around that premise, more power to them. It makes it seem very authentic

Considering the time that passed and how it seemed to have cooled out, this could easily be a work to get colts back into the spotlight