• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is that if it was something minor they would just have Punk cut promos for a couple weeks then ease him back into wrestling with tag matches and light work. I'm guessing this will be a timeline of multiple months. They did say surgery is involved in this too.

One minor critique I have is that during the company's inception they hyped w/l records and rankings as important but a current tag wrestler is basically getting a bye to a world championship match.

Not only is Mox not the #1 contender, they’re giving Tanahashi a title shot at Forbidden Door and he isn’t even in the company,

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New info on the Interim Title. At Forbidden Door, the new champ will be winner of BattleRoyal/Mox vs winner of Tanahashi/Goto

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New info on the Interim Title. At Forbidden Door, the new champ will be winner of BattleRoyal/Mox vs winner of Tanahashi/Goto

I’d be extremely shocked if Goto beats Tanahashi.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be extremely shocked if Goto beats Tanahashi.

The obvious thing is we're finally gonna get Mox vs Tanahashi, but I suppose we could get a surprise BR winner. I'd be extremely shocked if a NJPW wrestler were to win the Interim title. Maybe Tanahashi if Punk isn't expected to be out long. Like if he's for sure back by August, I could see Tanahashi winning the belt in June, doing an extended US tour, and losing to Punk in August before heading back to Japan. The Japan thing is why I wish they would have done just some kind of tournament (my pick for winner would have been Eddie Kingston). I just don't think there's any way Tanahashi or Goto will win so I'm not as invested in it beyond just seeing a match

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious thing is we're finally gonna get Mox vs Tanahashi, but I suppose we could get a surprise BR winner. I'd be extremely shocked if a NJPW wrestler were to win the Interim title. Maybe Tanahashi if Punk isn't expected to be out long. Like if he's for sure back by August, I could see Tanahashi winning the belt in June, doing an extended US tour, and losing to Punk in August before heading back to Japan. The Japan thing is why I wish they would have done just some kind of tournament (my pick for winner would have been Eddie Kingston). I just don't think there's any way Tanahashi or Goto will win so I'm not as invested in it beyond just seeing a match
I think for a tournament, I’d prefer Danielson winning. But think you’re right that this is the best way to get to Mox vs Tana one on one. Goto has zero chance of winning. He’s one of the most bland guys on the New Japan roster.
I don’t know who to expect as the battle royal winner. I’d say Hangman but since I think he’s facing Okada, I can’t see that. I guess MJF could somehow get in there and win just to mess with things. I’d say Wardlow but they probably don’t want to beat him while they’re strapping the rocket to him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really pulling for Eddie Kingston to come out of this as champ

Eddie is of the two guys I want to see win it because would make a hell of a cilimax for all the Shit he been through and put himself in.

MJF is the other. Would create a good back story for the two........... Especially if MJF tries to get a good faction behind him

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for a tournament, I’d prefer Danielson winning. But think you’re right that this is the best way to get to Mox vs Tana one on one. Goto has zero chance of winning. He’s one of the most bland guys on the New Japan roster.
I don’t know who to expect as the battle royal winner. I’d say Hangman but since I think he’s facing Okada, I can’t see that. I guess MJF could somehow get in there and win just to mess with things. I’d say Wardlow but they probably don’t want to beat him while they’re strapping the rocket to him.

Not yet. Give him All out 2023 or 24. Let him build a good resume and give him a small run as TNT champion or Tag and see if he "carries it well"

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie is of the two guys I want to see win it because would make a hell of a climax for all the Shit he been through and put himself in.
I think Eddie deserves an actual title reign and not a small time as interim champion that AEW doesn't recognize as real though. They're not stripping Punk so all this champion will do is hold a fake title until Punk is back leading to match between the 2.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eddie deserves an actual title reign and not a small time as interim champion that AEW doesn't recognize as real though. They're not stripping Punk so all this champion will do is hold a fake title until Punk is back leading to match between the 2.

Honestly. the 2-3 gives more credence to MJF Getting the interim

Which i can live with

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I love Eddie but I don't think he's necessarily someone they're building as a "face of the company" champion. If he gets a title reign it will probably be a transitional one. Plus he could win an Interim championship then win an undisputed one later.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Reaction to the Ladder match annoucement..............

200.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind AEW getting another men's single title. That makes 3 and plenty of companies have juggled 3 in the past. Plus, it gives their stacked roster something to do. BUT that name is terrible. How are you gonna call it All Atlantic and have countries that don't touch the Atlantic? Just call it Transnational or anything else with 5 more seconds of thought

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this pic linked on AEW's reddit. Colten Gunn was leaving notes around the arena last night. LOL

ixl4lxqk1i491.jpg

SCISSOR ME, DADDY ASS!!!