• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the Ospreay-Dax match. Easily the best part of the show.
Would’ve preferred Sammy and Tay just being douchy obnoxious heels by themselves instead of being aligned with Jericho.
Wonder if the Bucks agreed to lose to the Hardy’s at DoN to get the titles back. Still think it made more sense to have Starks and Hobbs walk out that night with the belts and do the Christian turn there.
Kip Sabian has it made. Getting paid to wear a paper bag on your head, sitting in the front row of events.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the Ospreay-Dax match. Easily the best part of the show.
Would’ve preferred Sammy and Tay just being douchy obnoxious heels by themselves instead of being aligned with Jericho.
Wonder if the Bucks agreed to lose to the Hardy’s at DoN to get the titles back. Still think it made more sense to have Starks and Hobbs walk out that night with the belts and do the Christian turn there.
Kip Sabian has it made. Getting paid to wear a paper bag on your head, sitting in the front row of events.

My reading just on how the booking was going was it looked like the plan was to have the Hardys win the tag titles. But when Jeff fucked up, it changed things so now the Bucks have the belts. I'd guess its probably gonna be some kind of short term reign. I sorta get TK's logic trying to squeeze as much juice as you can get from Hardys. They don't have much left (if anything) so a quick run from now to All Out wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world. But the right call should have been Team Taz. They've been building steadily the last couple of months and were so close to becoming white hot. A tag title reign would have put them there

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reading just on how the booking was going was it looked like the plan was to have the Hardys win the tag titles. But when Jeff fucked up, it changed things so now the Bucks have the belts. I'd guess its probably gonna be some kind of short term reign. I sorta get TK's logic trying to squeeze as much juice as you can get from Hardys. They don't have much left (if anything) so a quick run from now to All Out wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world. But the right call should have been Team Taz. They've been building steadily the last couple of months and were so close to becoming white hot. A tag title reign would have put them there
That makes sense. I’m guessing Tony was seeing what more and more people have been seeing in that the Hardy’s look awful in the ring now and was trying to get it on them asap.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wildturkey Looks like you were right if this is to be believed.
Yep, lol. I figured they were gonna put the belts on the Hardys. I'm not sure I by the part about how AEW decided they changed their minds after seeing Jeff at DoN, then planned to have them attacked on Wednesday to be taken out of the match. That's not in AEW's style. They typically don't advertise a match and then change it with an angle like that. Saying something like "Jeff sustained an injury at DoN" like on a Monday or Tuesday would be far more likely. So that part either sounds made up or someone coming up with something trying to cover themselves. I still say the likeliest thing is what I said before, the Hardys were getting the belts until Jeff got his DUI.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This man is a treasure. He tagged Al Sharpton, Johnnie Cochran's lawfirm, Jesse Jackson, Oprah, Barack Obama, and Beyonce. LMAO

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So what are the odds MJF costs Moxley the match at Forbidden Door and aligns with New Japan?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are the odds MJF costs Moxley the match at Forbidden Door and aligns with New Japan?
I highly doubt it. With the G1 coming up and Tanahashi in that, I don’t see why they’d put the belt on him if he’s not going to be on tv for a month or more.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Christian went scorched Earth tonight. And my absolute favorite part about it was the crowd shot of the 7 year old chanting "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian’s promo was the best thing on the show.
I’m thinking that ZSJ’s opponent (and new BCC member) will be Cesaro.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian’s promo was the best thing on the show.
I’m thinking that ZSJ’s opponent (and new BCC member) will be Cesaro.

My bet is Cesaro as well. Though I think there's outside chance it could Johnathan Gresham. He said it would be a technical guy so I can't think of anyone else. Gargano doesn't really fit that bill

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet is Cesaro as well. Though I think there's outside chance it could Johnathan Gresham. He said it would be a technical guy so I can't think of anyone else. Gargano doesn't really fit that bill
Gresham could be possible. He’d probably be my second choice of person that it could be.

So the injury bug strikes again for this show.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good PPV. Wasn't really a bad match on the card. Really enjoyed the tag title match, the All Atlantic match, and the Cassidy/Ospreay match. Claudio debuting was a ton of fun. I lol'd big time when he went up to the tall camera man and stood side by side since so many in the IWC had believed the conspiracy the mysterious camera man was Claudio.

Adam Cole definitely got hurt in the 4 way title match though. Initial info from Twitter detectives looks like he popped his shoulder (rumors are he's been working with a torn labrum). Not sure if Dax got hurt in his match, could be legit, could be worked. With all these injuries going around in all the major companies, I hope anyone with even a painful bruise decides to just sit out and rest a bit.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was busy watching the Avs game and so this is what a friend of mine texted about the show

It was a little slow sometimes, the main event was not great . I do think Cassidy and Osprey easily had the best match and the IWGP heavyweight 4way felt like it ended weirdly . So it was decent . I don't think near as good as other AEW ppvs though .

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, Tony Khan announced in the post show media scrum that the next ROH PPV is July 23rd. I figured it was coming soon since they suddenly started having some ROH storylines show up on TV. Also said the original plan was for Claudio to debut there but when Danielson got hurt, they moved up the debut

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was busy watching the Avs game and so this is what a friend of mine texted about the show

It was a little slow sometimes, the main event was not great . I do think Cassidy and Osprey easily had the best match and the IWGP heavyweight 4way felt like it ended weirdly . So it was decent . I don't think near as good as other AEW ppvs though .

It ended weird because of Injury. Props to Jay White for knowing what to do.

I really liked most of it, few seemed like a waste.

Bucks vs Dudes
Women's tittle match.

Going on my soapbox for a second.

I didn't like the ending of the PPV. You can fade to black on Mox winning the belt.

Then use your YouTube/Socials and Dynamite on Wednesday night to show it.

I just think stuff like that steals from the luster of 2 brand ppv