• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn so glad they gave that up and comer Jericho a much needed win, he’s got a bright future in this business. Great to see AEW putting over the young guys.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid show that became a great show with the final 3 matches. Cody/Dustin match of the night for me. Hell of a fun ending with Moxley showing up too

Damn so glad they gave that up and comer Jericho a much needed win, he’s got a bright future in this business. Great to see AEW putting over the young guys.

I mean, he could lose to Page. Plus, I actually liked Jericho winning here. Sets up a rubber match between them and I sorta felt if they crowned Omega their champ like it seemed was their original plan before the Pac situation, it would have been rather predictable.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody vs Dustin...my God top 5 favorite matches ever for me.

AEW getting Moxley is huge and I think they get Punk on board by their Chicago event.

They are seriously gonna compete with WWE.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad move with mocking HHH, imo. It just proves that he is always on their mind. If AEW wants to be their own product, then dont give WWE the time of day. WCW's failure was helped in part due to this exact reason.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I mean, he could lose to Page. Plus, I actually liked Jericho winning here. Sets up a rubber match between them and I sorta felt if they crowned Omega their champ like it seemed was their original plan before the Pac situation, it would have been rather predictable.

Plus Omega is the biggest star in the Elite. Had he won the match there would have been complaints that they were all booking themselves to win. The fact he took a clean pin to the biggest mainstream star in the company indicates that won't be a problem. I wasn't expecting it to be one to begin with..

I loved Hitman unveiling the title. He made Page and MJF bigger stars. Wasn't familiar with MJF before AEW but he's a more athletic Miz. I'm a huge fan so far.

I'm a hungry for an alternative so I might be overeating it but I thought it was a great ppv. The Rhodes brothers stole the show. Moxleys entrance was executed perfectly. I had been expecting him most of the night but by the time he actually showed up it was a surprise.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHH watching DoN like;

Bad move with mocking HHH, imo. It just proves that he is always on their mind. If AEW wants to be their own product, then dont give WWE the time of day. WCW's failure was helped in part due to this exact reason.

I agree but right now. You look at the talent of all of the promotions. They are #2 IMO so why not take shots at the top dog. Let them know that you exist and you want there spot.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That and they constantly downgraded their world championship.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Omega is the biggest star in the Elite. Had he won the match there would have been complaints that they were all booking themselves to win. The fact he took a clean pin to the biggest mainstream star in the company indicates that won't be a problem. I wasn't expecting it to be one to begin with..

I loved Hitman unveiling the title. He made Page and MJF bigger stars. Wasn't familiar with MJF before AEW but he's a more athletic Miz. I'm a huge fan so far.

I'm a hungry for an alternative so I might be overeating it but I thought it was a great ppv. The Rhodes brothers stole the show. Moxleys entrance was executed perfectly. I had been expecting him most of the night but by the time he actually showed up it was a surprise.

I wouldn't say more athletic. They're probably about the same. I think Miz could actually do more than he lets on but he purposely wrestles a low risk style to preserve his health. MJF might do just a tad more since he's on the indy scene and no one really wrestles that WWE style outside of WWE. But those two are a good comparison. Where he shines most is his charisma is off the charts. He's just got an it factor that grabs you attention and he's so good at playing the arrogant rich asshole character. He's also bulked up quite a bit since he signed with AEW. I believe he's going to be a featured guy for them in the not so distant future. He's only 23 years old. He's got a big career ahead of him imo.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI to all, they announced last night after the show that Jon Moxley's official in ring debut with be at Fyter Fest on June 29th. No opponent has been announced yet

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jericho may be old, but he's a big name and not having Omega be immediately placed into the title picture is smart. Omega being champ right away would have been predictable. Jericho will probably win the title and that is fine, let him hold onto it briefly, go into the cable show as champion, a name everyone knows, set up a good storyline to whoever they want to be the next champion and have Jericho lose the title then.

AEW can take their shots at WWE now, but once they hit TNT I hope they stop, and just do their own thing and focus on themselves.

If they get Punk that would be huge. I'd love to see Moxley and Punk or Punk and Omega.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
AEW can take their shots at WWE now, but once they hit TNT I hope they stop, and just do their own thing and focus on themselves.

It was one minute out of a 4 hour plus show and the shot was at someone who directly shittalked them at the WWE hof.

Aew already did their own thing last night and it was an excellent show.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't say more athletic. They're probably about the same. I think Miz could actually do more than he lets on but he purposely wrestles a low risk style to preserve his health. MJF might do just a tad more since he's on the indy scene and no one really wrestles that WWE style outside of WWE. But those two are a good comparison. Where he shines most is his charisma is off the charts. He's just got an it factor that grabs you attention and he's so good at playing the arrogant rich asshole character. He's also bulked up quite a bit since he signed with AEW. I believe he's going to be a featured guy for them in the not so distant future. He's only 23 years old. He's got a big career ahead of him imo.

With the Miz it's just not the style but in general he's not the smoothest or most athletic guy in the ring. I'm not knocking him, I'm a fan. He's great on the mic and does the best he can in the ring with his limitations but MJF looked more athletic to me imo.

I didn't realize he was that young. He's definitely a guy they'll be building around soon.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Omega

I'm not so sure. I don't think Fyter Fest is intended to be a big show. They've got this and Fight For the Fallen in July which from everything I've read, both are sorta small-ish shows. Sort of like your typical WWE PPV. But in August/September, there's rumored to be All In 2 which they'll treat as a "major" show (like how WWE treats its big 4). That might be where we see Mox/Omega along with Jericho/Page for the title imo.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and they constantly downgraded their world championship.

Not just their world title, every title. AEW has taken shots at WWE. After the NWO debuted WCW didn’t care about story telling, in ring action or essentially anything to keep a business operating except obsessing about WWE. You can’t obsess about a different company when you aren’t doing anything creative or innovative yourself.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrestling booking 101. Omega got the first one, give Jericho the second and set up the deciding third act in a trilogy. Throw in the AEW title and you have a money match down the road. This is one of the most basic bookings you could possibly do