• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Done Smith is Great Dane

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sec is a strong conference, but luck and that offense is pretty strong. it's kinda like having peyton manning running a big ten power running team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Boise State and Chris Peterson to win the glory that is rightfully theirs!!!!!!!! reward the little schools!

Rightfully theirs?:hand:

How do you think they would do if they had to play USC, Oregon and Stanford all in the same year?
Or Bama, LSU and Florida all in the same year?

Let's see!!!! Not saying they'll defeat each one, but enough of the what ifs, let them play!

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Some of the reasons given for Rodgers lasting as long as he did in the draft were... It was Tedfords system, weak arm , not athletic enough and there was even a meathead that questioned the level of his competition which is asinine.

Any scout that uses the conference as a determining factor for a QBs worth in the NFL is not that astute IMO.

There is little doubt that the SEC is the top conference in college football today but Andrew Luck would still be the first overall pick in the draft even if he played there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of the reasons given for Rodgers lasting as long as he did in the draft were... It was Tedfords system, weak arm , not athletic enough and there was even a meathead that questioned the level of his competition which is asinine.

Any scout that uses the conference as a determining factor for a QBs worth in the NFL is not that astute IMO.

There is little doubt that the SEC is the top conference in college football today but Andrew Luck would still be the first overall pick in the draft even if he played there.

yeah, "Tedford's system" was a big deal for some? agree which conference should not be a big factor, it DOES factor in but somehwere down the list.

seem to recall one of the reasons Rodgers fell was...........no team above 10 needed a QB? even before the draft, we read that IF Rodgers or Smith fell past #9, they'd free fall? ok, i'm guessing on "#9", but somewhere around that spot.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, "Tedford's system" was a big deal for some? agree which conference should not be a big factor, it DOES factor in but somehwere down the list.

seem to recall one of the reasons Rodgers fell was...........no team above 10 needed a QB? even before the draft, we read that IF Rodgers or Smith fell past #9, they'd free fall? ok, i'm guessing on "#9", but somewhere around that spot.

It shouldn't with the major conferences. Flacco coming from Delaware makes sense to question the level of competition he went against. Questions of Luck in the Pac-12 or Rodgers in the Pac-10 is luaghable. Tedford ran a pro-style offense, which should have been a plus for Rodgers as opposed to the spreads so prevalent in college football today.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It shouldn't with the major conferences. Flacco coming from Delaware makes sense to question the level of competition he went against. Questions of Luck in the Pac-12 or Rodgers in the Pac-10 is luaghable. Tedford ran a pro-style offense, which should have been a plus for Rodgers as opposed to the spreads so prevalent in college football today.

yeah, so it does factor in, just not high on the list.

an evalutator will consider the competition he played against? if from a major conference, he won't give it as much weight, maybe hardly at all? if from a low level, he will.

Luck is from a good enough conference so can't agree with where RJF was going.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, so it does factor in, just not high on the list.

an evalutator will consider the competition he played against? if from a major conference, he won't give it as much weight, maybe hardly at all? if from a low level, he will.

Luck is from a good enough conference so can't agree with where RJF was going.

It's a pretty well held opinion that outside of the SEC defenses are far more suspect. Facing SEC defenses week after week will test the best QB's.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Boise State and Chris Peterson to win the glory that is rightfully theirs!!!!!!!! reward the little schools!

Rightfully theirs?:hand:

How do you think they would do if they had to play USC, Oregon and Stanford all in the same year?
Or Bama, LSU and Florida all in the same year?

3-0 in the first scenario, if all three were road games.

2-1 in the second scenario if they had to play in Louisiana. Possibly 2-1 if LSU travels to Idaho, but it would be a barn burner that probably came down to the last play.

You're kidding if you think USC, Florida, Oregon and Stanford are in the same class as Boise State. It's not even close.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
!

Based on stats only. Can he make all the passes? Can he read a defense? Does he fit the system?

Any QB can come from anywhere. Should McNair and Roethlisberger never have played in the NFL?

Name me a relevant SEC QB over the last 30 years not named Peyton Manning. For that matter, name me a relevant QB from the Big10 not named Brady (drafted in the sixth round) or Big East.

By "relevant" I mean one that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pretty well held opinion that outside of the SEC defenses are far more suspect. Facing SEC defenses week after week will test the best QB's.

Except that SEC QB's are essentially garbage in the NFL. Minus Manning. I guess Stafford has a chance if he can figure out how to stay healthy.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that SEC QB's are essentially garbage in the NFL. Minus the Mannings. I guess Stafford has a chance if he can figure out how to stay healthy.

Fify.

I think there's plenty of evidence of garbage QB's coming from all conferences. The difference is that it's pretty rare for an SEC QB to really have much hype coming out because the SEC defenses have beaten them down a bit. PAC-10 and BIG-12, however, allows the QB's to shine against slightly inferior defenses.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
3-0 in the first scenario, if all three were road games.

2-1 in the second scenario if they had to play in Louisiana. Possibly 2-1 if LSU travels to Idaho, but it would be a barn burner that probably came down to the last play.

You're kidding if you think USC, Florida, Oregon and Stanford are in the same class as Boise State. It's not even close.

Unwrap your lips from the tailpipe and slowly walk away from the vehicle.
Those fumes can be deadly.
Since the brain trust in college football has decided to stick with this wonderful system called the BCS, this conversation is never going to be decided by facts or logic but only by opinions.
Stack them up against some quality opponents in a playoff system and then have at it. That would help give either side a little more basis for a sound argument.
Chris Peterson is a fantastic coach and has done a great job but who does Boise St. even play this year after the Georgia game? I don't even see two tough games that they would play back to back on their schedule. TCU and then San Diego St.? Nevada and Fresno St.? Please.
Enough nonsense..........put in a playoff system.
:burt:

Last edited by a moderator: