• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alice in Chains --- Favorite Song

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great fucking band. One of my favorites of all time.

I went through my teenage and young adult years during the grunge era (early 90's) and FINALLY got to see them play tonite for the first time. The played almost all of the good shit (none of the smack songs and none of the personal shit) they also played some new stuff. Did a two and a half hour set. It was great. They sounded great. Jerry Cantrell is a guitar god and Duvall totally does Lane justice.

Damn it's hard...

My favorite has to be "Down in a Hole" .... The one song they didn't play that I was hoping they would :( . I doubt anyone gets that one much nowadays...

Can't tell you how envious I am that you got to see them. I never saw them live. I just looked at a setlist of that show. Is it right? Did they actually open with Dirt? I always liked that song. Thinking about it now, I could see that song as an opener. Happy to see Them Bones on there too, though I'd expect to see them play that.

Jar of Flies was such a great followup to Dirt and I'd loved to have heard they played 'I Stay Away' over 'Nutshell', but glad that album (aside from 'No Excuses') got some representation anyway.

Personally, I always loved 'Bleed the Freak' and 'Sea of Sorrow'.. I'd listen to those two back-to-back whenever I put Facelift on. God, good stuff. Didn't think they would play either these days, but that'd be my ultimate desire if I were seeing one of their shows.

'Got Me Wrong' is just a great song... even more so when you consider it a "breather" from so many of their heavy songs (which I loved). Nice to see the encore opened with that chestnut!

'Again'... good stuff. Always thought 'Would?' was slightly overrated. Great song, but so are so many of their others. It doesn't need to end every concert of theirs from '92 on.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many were worried about this album and the new singer. That was all put to rest quickly. It was a very strong album and the new singer fit like a glove. He wasn't just some guy who sounded like Layne. He can pull off the lead and vocal harmonies with Jerry on the old songs, but he does have his own unique qualities to his vocals and it presents really well with the black and dinosaurs albums.

I'm glad AIC is still making music and touring. Same with Soundgarden. Those two were my favs from the Seattle scene. It's a bright spot in the music industry right now.

Jerry is an incredible talent. He is the glue that bonds and always has been.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqZb52sgpU]Alice In Chains - Man In The Box - YouTube[/ame]

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Dirt album hardly has any lag all the way through.. My favorite song is probably Sickman..

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road narrows, pouring down
I'm breaking without a sound
Bits and pieces of trying
Get what you pay for, nothing

Frozen dreaming of yesterday
Potent, creeping I'm far away
From my hometown I lit out
To save my skin and shed some doubt

I know how false the floor
How high the sky
Been down that road before

It's a lie, you hide in someone else
Like a shining scalpel, cut yourself

Hard as truth is, been my friend
Don't need to be invited in
I'll go round 'til bested
Pick up myself and try again

How high the sky

All comes in time
Don't fight it, don't mind it
Whatever may come

How high the sky

Scalpel - AiC

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Good song.

Man, I gotta thank you for making this thread VT. After reading it, I was checking out all things AIC and discovered they've got some great stuff out there on the last couple of last albums... BGWTB and TDPDH. Some really good stuff.

And for this tour it's kinda cool that they're mixing up some of the setlists from venue to venue. A good portion of the songs are in each show, but they plug in different songs from the last two albums and one from Dirt. I think your concert is the only one they've played this year with the song Dirt in it, from what I see.

Really good stuff. Thanks again.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to Les to come up with one of the most bizarre covers ever..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh2giMlcqls]Les Claypool's Duo De Twang - Man In The Box - YouTube[/ame]

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Dirt album hardly has any lag all the way through.. My favorite song is probably Sickman..
I think the only song I dont really, really like is Dirt. Its like a decent looking girl surrounded by supermodels

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Again

Been listening to Check My Brain a bunch the last couple of days. Love the sludgy harmonies sound.. classic AIC style.

Need to pick up these last two albums.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBcADQziQWY&feature=kp]Alice In Chains - Check My Brain - YouTube[/ame]

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Again

Been listening to Check My Brain a bunch the last couple of days. Love the sludgy harmonies sound.. classic AIC style.

Need to pick up these last two albums.

Alice In Chains - Check My Brain - YouTube

"Last of my kind" is a great song. Probably my favorite up to this point with the new lead man. I have been listening more to the latest ones in the last few days. Not Dirt.. But still great stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Last of my kind" is a great song. Probably my favorite up to this point with the new lead man. I have been listening more to the latest ones in the last few days. Not Dirt.. But still great stuff.

Good stuff.. the metal leanings evoke that Facelift feeling, while the sludge factory feel is still there. And as much as I loved Layne (and feel really, really badly for Jerry, who stuck with his 'brother' for years of addiction.. to his supreme credit), William Duvall is a terrific fit for the band... it's like they picked up where they left off with Alice In Chain's self-titled album in '95 with their last two albums. The stuff feels vital... not like a moneygrab, cashing in on yesteryear.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JdsrnPMZgg&feature=kp]Alice in Chains - Last of My Kind - YouTube[/ame]

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An underrated song for them is I Know Something:

Love how Layne matches the timbre of the electric guitar throughout.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An underrated song for them is I Know Something:

Love how Layne matches the timbre of the electric guitar throughout.

:nod:

Facelift is just one of those albums that you wanna listen to from first track to last.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]-xQQzi0IdLY[/YOUTUBE]