• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alfoolzo Dennard Arrested Again

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrested in Nebraska for DUI.

While on probation...dumb

Post-Hernandez...even dumber

Post-Kraft admitting being duped...MORONIC.

Sounds like three strikes and he's out to me.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrested in Nebraska for DUI.

While on probation...dumb

Post-Hernandez...even dumber

Post-Kraft admitting being duped...MORONIC.

Sounds like three strikes and he's out to me.

I didn't see your post or I wouldn't have started my own on the same topic.

Dennard will be cut by sundown for violating his probation.

Goodbye. Kraft won't screw around with this one.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick wrote this kid a "character letter" for his other court case so that's four strikes IMO.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I had high hopes for Dennard this season, Another person that thought that life outside of football was better then the millions you could have made.. though i am not sure they get rid of dennard.. IF he goes to rehab successfully, they put in a clause in his contract that any more offenses he will be released immeadiately with nothing in gaurneteed money. Seems like his mistakes are alcohol related.. perhaps if he stays away from the stuff he will come back around.. no telling what the penalty will be for parole violation..

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see your post or I wouldn't have started my own on the same topic.

Dennard will be cut by sundown for violating his probation.

Goodbye. Kraft won't screw around with this one.

That's Ok...I have two posts on it because I had a typo in the first one. :-) The mod will have to delete it.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I had high hopes for Dennard this season, Another person that thought that life outside of football was better then the millions you could have made.. though i am not sure they get rid of dennard.. IF he goes to rehab successfully, they put in a clause in his contract that any more offenses he will be released immeadiately with nothing in gaurneteed money. Seems like his mistakes are alcohol related.. perhaps if he stays away from the stuff he will come back around.. no telling what the penalty will be for parole violation..

He was on 24 months probation and was scheduled to spend 30 days in jail starting next March but unless his lawyers can slow the process down it might be accelerated.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it might come down to how much over the leagal limit he was.. im sure they took a blood test, if its close enough to the line it might not be so bad. it would be reduced to reckless driving true he might have to go to jail for 30 days or so.. I know a lot of NFL players drink some quiet heavily, but the NFL gives them a free out with a taxi service.. hte players dont have to pay anything, its all on the NFL.. why dont more take advantage of that.. heck if i had that option id take a cab everywhere..

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it might come down to how much over the leagal limit he was.. im sure they took a blood test, if its close enough to the line it might not be so bad. it would be reduced to reckless driving true he might have to go to jail for 30 days or so.. I know a lot of NFL players drink some quiet heavily, but the NFL gives them a free out with a taxi service.. hte players dont have to pay anything, its all on the NFL.. why dont more take advantage of that.. heck if i had that option id take a cab everywhere..

He refused to take a chemical test. The rest depends on the laws of Nebraska. It's possible a probation officer can impose other penalties or the court will revisit sentencing. That's for the past offense not the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we shall see.. i mean its not like he killed someone.. if the right restrictions are in place.. perhaps he can stick with the team.. people in the real world they dont always loos thier job if they get a dui.. unless of course the kill someone doing it..

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it's not a major offense, even though he could have killed someone behind the wheel, but Kraft and Belichick are painted into a bit of a corner with this after all the Hernandez stuff. I'll be shocked if he's not released because the Boston media will be all over Kraft if he isn't.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF!!!???

Is there something wrong with the NFL/NFLPA??
There are new charges against new players or coaches almost every day. I've never seen an offseason like it. The CBA needs to be amended to include more mandatory mini camps or something to keep these guys at team facilities and away from bars.

WTF Dennard? WTF were you thinking???

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Not a major offense" - first off, DUIs kill. That he didn't kill anyone doesn't change that it IS a serious crime. Second, what kind of absolute freaking moron do you have to be to get hit with a DUI while on probation? What the hell?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Not a major offense" - first off, DUIs kill. That he didn't kill anyone doesn't change that it IS a serious crime. Second, what kind of absolute freaking moron do you have to be to get hit with a DUI while on probation? What the hell?

You don't get sentenced on what might have happened with a DUI and it's in that sense that I said it's not a major offense. It's big enough to get him released.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont cut one of your best corners for a dui. the pats would be incredibly stupid to do that, it would hurt the team tremendously. now if it was some 5th string scrub he probably would be gone already and it wouldnt matter. let the process play out and see what the penalties are. its only suspicion he might not even be guilty of anything. some cops are incredibly stupid, they will make up a false reason just to pull you over, especially late at night. i was pulled over at around 2 am as well and the cop told me the reason he pulled me over was i was driving in the fog lanes. which was a load of crap. after checking my license he let me go because there was nothing wrong, they just love pulling people over late at night.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dui's are misdemeanors ie minor offense. unless you kill someone or something then it will be a felony. dennard punching a cop was a worse offense than this supposid dui.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of legality, arguably, except that he was already on probation, and this impacts that. In terms of which is worse, this (assuming he is guilty) is much worse in my opinion.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driving under the influence is incredibly stupid. I would not drive if I had a half a beer. When I was Dennards age? .... I was stupid. Back then, it was common - now you just can't do it. Is it fair? Life's not fair. Many valuable employees have been given a chance to get it together. Making this kind of mistake while on probation? I think you contribute to his "issues" if you let him skate. I don't know the facts. I really hope that he has not "shot himself in the foot."