• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Tanny

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough from him over the preseason. In my opinion he's nothing more than a practice squad player. This team is in trouble if Romo Goes down. Orton has taken a step backwards and Tanny will remain a you tube legend. I hope we keep Heath over Tanny....I know it's a long shot though.:feedback:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough from him over the preseason. In my opinion he's nothing more than a practice squad player. This team is in trouble if Romo Goes down. Orton has taken a step backwards and Tanny will remain a you tube legend. I hope we keep Heath over Tanny....I know it's a long shot though.:feedback:
if we keep Heath. it would be at the expense of a DB IMO. Don't think Tanney will factor into Heath.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing I think Webb has taken some strides in the right direction but still needs work. Escobar just doesn't have the speed to be make a difference in this league, I do like his ball skills it will be interesting if in 2 yrs he fines a way to be a player.

I thought, Heath, Wilcox, and Randle all looked decent. Williams has been a huge disappointment.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can slip him onto the PS fine, but I would like to hold onto him for another off season to see if he can become a NFL QB. He has arm strength that you can't teach.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can slip him onto the PS fine, but I would like to hold onto him for another off season to see if he can become a NFL QB. He has arm strength that you can't teach.
if he keeps throwing 4th qtr INTs we should be able to get him onto the practice squad

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Jeff George's scouting report. Tanny will have no problem making the P.S.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he keeps throwing 4th qtr INTs we should be able to get him onto the practice squad

He's a 3rd string undrafted QB, what do you expect 350 yards and 4 TD's. He needs a lot of coaching going forward. If we get him to the PS we may be safe because I don't think another team will sign him from us because they would have to carry him on their active roster for i believe 4 weeks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IN Tanneys defense..... Most of the guys who are playing on the line for Dallas in this game should be flipping burgers next week. Kid looks to have a half decent arm, and no fear. And by that I mean he hasnt thrown any wing and a prayer INTs just to avoid the hit. The Int I actually saw was just short and he was trying to make a play.

That being said, he is practice squad material. With the nicks and dings Dallas has starting the season, no way in hell should Dallas burn an active roster spot on this kid.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 3rd string undrafted QB, what do you expect 350 yards and 4 TD's. He needs a lot of coaching going forward. If we get him to the PS we may be safe because I don't think another team will sign him from us because they would have to carry him on their active roster for i believe 4 weeks.
Hey Manster. I agree. there was talk he wouldn't make it to the PS if we cut him. I want to keep him as well. I am looking at the 4th qtr INTs as a good thing. he might just make it to the PS. I didn't expect much from him actually. Was just hoping to see some signs to build on. But 1st he has to make it to the PS before we can build him up. I didn't want to see him light it up in the preseason games. Because then we wouldn't get him to the PS.

take'r easy brother :D

We want the same thing.
He was either gonna have to be a complete badass (which shouldn't be expected by anyone) so we couldn't cut him, or make enough mistakes so we could get him to the PS.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Tanny on P.S. sign Heath and cut Arkin.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK IM sure some one is going to say Im just poking a stick on this one.

But seriously... if Jerry thinks this kid can be groomed, do you as fans really want him?? Just playing Devils advocate, but if Romo stays.. well Romo.... do you really want any one waiting in the wings that would give Jerry even a remote idea that he doesnt need to actually draft a QB of the future withing the next say 3-5 years max??

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But seriously... if Jerry thinks this kid can be groomed, do you as fans really want him?? Just playing Devils advocate, but if Romo stays.. well Romo.... do you really want any one waiting in the wings that would give Jerry even a remote idea that he doesnt need to actually draft a QB of the future withing the next say 3-5 years max??
would like to have a decent back up QB next season. I'd take the risk & see what happens.
Hopefully in 5 years Jerry isn't in all the day to day affairs. 5 years a lot can change at his age.

you can ignore a position in fear of what you might think Jerry would do.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you kidding Jerry has the brain of a 40 year old. seriously I could care less if we cut Tanny. There is a kid on some teams practice squad that's worth a Look. If this team is picking in the top 15-18 again this year it better be for Boyd, Bridgewater or some other rookie QB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would like to have a decent back up QB next season. I'd take the risk & see what happens.
Hopefully in 5 years Jerry isn't in all the day to day affairs. 5 years a lot can change at his age.

Careful what you wish for. Jack Kent Cooke wasnt even planted before John Cooke put the team up for sale. IM an outsider, but I would think Dallas would be smart to draft a QB early next year just in case. Orton isnt the answer, Romo is 33. Better to start grooming a high prospect now than wait til he is a must have. I think the smartest thing the Packers ever did was grab Rogers while Favre was still considered GOD.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#74 might be the worse Otackle I've ever seen play at this level....bar none

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Manster. I agree. there was talk he wouldn't make it to the PS if we cut him. I want to keep him as well. I am looking at the 4th qtr INTs as a good thing. he might just make it to the PS. I didn't expect much from him actually. Was just hoping to see some signs to build on. But 1st he has to make it to the PS before we can build him up. I didn't want to see him light it up in the preseason games. Because then we wouldn't get him to the PS.

take'r easy brother :D

We want the same thing.
He was either gonna have to be a complete badass (which shouldn't be expected by anyone) so we couldn't cut him, or make enough mistakes so we could get him to the PS.

Didn't mean to come that strong, just got home from work and I need a few to wind down.
Maybe this type of game is good for us because it does increase the chances of him making the PS. Now I have a question about signing of PS players. I know if a player is signed away from a PS he must be on the new teams active roster, I don't know how many weeks he must remain on the roster. Another question is since a player must be released and then pass waivers to be placed on the PS, my next question is does the same rules apply here.

In short, when Dallas cuts Tanney, if another team signs him before Dallas has the chance to PS him can they place him on their PS squad or must he be on their roster?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Barron is offended by that P-day

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean to come that strong, just got home from work and I need a few to wind down.
Maybe this type of game is good for us because it does increase the chances of him making the PS. Now I have a question about signing of PS players. I know if a player is signed away from a PS he must be on the new teams active roster, I don't know how many weeks he must remain on the roster. Another question is since a player must be released and then pass waivers to be placed on the PS, my next question is does the same rules apply here.

In short, when Dallas cuts Tanney, if another team signs him before Dallas has the chance to PS him can they place him on their PS squad or must he be on their roster?
if someone signs Tanney after Dallas cuts him. They have to keep him on the active roster. They cant store him on the PS.

That is what happened to us when we tried to sneak Moore onto the PS. They took Moore & put him on the 53 man roster.

Now if no one signs a player & he clears waivers. Then he is a FA & can sign with whoever & be put on any practice squad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you wish for. Jack Kent Cooke wasnt even planted before John Cooke put the team up for sale. IM an outsider, but I would think Dallas would be smart to draft a QB early next year just in case. Orton isnt the answer, Romo is 33. Better to start grooming a high prospect now than wait til he is a must have. I think the smartest thing the Packers ever did was grab Rogers while Favre was still considered GOD.

Many on here talked about trying for a QB in the 2014 draft. Didn't see too many "Franchise" QB's this year. That's not to say one or two won't every be, but I wasn't ready to test those waters. Next year there looks to be a few that have a chance. Of course if Barkley came out the year before he'd have been picked early as a Franchise, so who knows what will be there next April.