• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Tanny

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many on here talked about trying for a QB in the 2014 draft. Didn't see too many "Franchise" QB's this year. That's not to say one or two won't every be, but I wasn't ready to test those waters. Next year there looks to be a few that have a chance. Of course if Barkley came out the year before he'd have been picked early as a Franchise, so who knows what will be there next April.

Manster.. thats the thing. With Romo's contract, Dallas doesnt NEED a right out the gate Franchise QB. They need a guy who they can draft who has potential to BE a franchise QB. Romo is the guy at least until 2016. Maybe longer due to cap concerns. A good second rounder ith the skill level of a Cousins, Kapernick, or Ponder type. A guy who the wrong team would force to start from day one, But Dallas could actually allow to mature behind Romo. Tanney is a project, but he is also a red hearing in that if he makes practice Squad Jerry might NOT even consider drafting a more skilled QB because he thinks he has the next Romo already locked on the practice squad.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster.. thats the thing. With Romo's contract, Dallas doesnt NEED a right out the gate Franchise QB. They need a guy who they can draft who has potential to BE a franchise QB. Romo is the guy at least until 2016. Maybe longer due to cap concerns. A good second rounder ith the skill level of a Cousins, Kapernick, or Ponder type. A guy who the wrong team would force to start from day one, But Dallas could actually allow to mature behind Romo. Tanney is a project, but he is also a red hearing in that if he makes practice Squad Jerry might NOT even consider drafting a more skilled QB because he thinks he has the next Romo already locked on the practice squad.

Agree, and had Barkley fell a little more I was on board of taking a shot. Just didn't want to use a 1st or 2nd on him. I went to the Eagles board and said I thought they made a very nice pick with Barkley when they got him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, and had Barkley fell a little more I was on board of taking a shot. Just didn't want to use a 1st or 2nd on him. I went to the Eagles board and said I thought they made a very nice pick with Barkley when they got him.

Again playing a little Devils advocate here. I think Johnny football gets busted for violating NCAA rules, ends up in the supplemental draft for 2014 and Jerry pulls the trigger on the 2nd rounder for him.

Which i might add would seriously piss me off. Kid is a bit of a head case, but not something I would not want to face on the field for 8-10 years.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again playing a little Devils advocate here. I think Johnny football gets busted for violating NCAA rules, ends up in the supplemental draft for 2014 and Jerry pulls the trigger on the 2nd rounder for him.

Which i might add would seriously piss me off. Kid is a bit of a head case, but not something I would not want to face on the field for 8-10 years.

I wouldn't touch Johnny Football with your _____. Oh you know what I mean. I am on record in saying I don't think his game translates to the NFL

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Football Hell NO He is to small to survive his style of football in the NFL and Shark the NCAA is done on the autograph stuff 1/2 game suspension what a joke .

I still think Tanney will not make it to the practice squad if cut just my opinion I did not expect much from his last nite with the scrubs he was playing with. Houstons 2nd and 3rd team guys looked way better than ours did

On Jerry yea that's the chance you take with JJ if Tanney makes the PS or is kept on the 53 I keep him on the 53 and see what happens over the season I also look for a QB in the Draft
Bridgewater is the guy I want right now but he wont make it to our draft position unless Romo goes down early and the season is lost

Think about this if Quincy had not smoked himself out of a job Romo might have never been the QB of the Cowboys.

Keep Tanney on the 53 hand him a Clipboard and move forward.

JMHO

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Johnny Football..... A mini me version of Tebow. without the church.

I'd like to find a way to keep Tanny. Not like he was out there with starters last night.
A year learning I think he can be a solid back up ... beyond that we will just have to see how he grows. But I really do hope we find a way to keep him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Johnny Football..... A mini me version of Tebow. without the church.

I'd like to find a way to keep Tanny. Not like he was out there with starters last night.
A year learning I think he can be a solid back up ... beyond that we will just have to see how he grows. But I really do hope we find a way to keep him.

Thats an insult to JM actually. Tebow never came close to his production as a passer.

But why would Jerry want a duel threat QB From Texas sitting behind Romo. That would be the only real downside is that if Romo choked once or twice, the fans might riot.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats an insult to JM actually. Tebow never came close to his production as a passer.

But why would Jerry want a duel threat QB From Texas sitting behind Romo. That would be the only real downside is that if Romo choked once or twice, the fans might riot.

There is not one NFL Scout (didn't say reporter paid to write articles to hype the kid up) that think he is a NFL Caliber Qb.

Even if they did.... He's too damn small to have a healthy career. Skins fans will find that out soon with RG3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not one NFL Scout (didn't say reporter paid to write articles to hype the kid up) that think he is a NFL Caliber Qb.

Even if they did.... He's too damn small to have a healthy career. Skins fans will find that out soon with RG3

Guess that means Brees is too small at 6'0" 209 then too?? Like i said, I wouldnt want to see him in Dallas, but I wouldnt be shocked if Jerry grabbed him either.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that means Brees is too small at 6'0" 209 then too?? Like i said, I wouldnt want to see him in Dallas, but I wouldnt be shocked if Jerry grabbed him either.

Brees is SHORT for a NFL QB NOT SMALL FOR HIS HEIGHT

RG3 is what 175?
Vick 195 (not a single healthy year is his miserable career)
Johnny Football is their size without their speed and not built anything like either one of them

He's not going to be a NFL QB

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees is SHORT for a NFL QB NOT SMALL FOR HIS HEIGHT

RG3 is what 175?
Vick 195 (not a single healthy year is his miserable career)
Johnny Football is their size without their speed and not built anything like either one of them

He's not going to be a NFL QB

RG3 is 6'2 217
Brees is 6'0 209
Vick is 6'0 215
Manziel is 6'1 210

and just for Comparison

Romo 6'2 236

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is 6'2 217
Brees is 6'0 209
Vick is 6'0 215
Manziel is 6'1 210

and just for Comparison

Romo 6'2 236
why is Brees in that group? He isn't a running QB

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is Brees in that group? He isn't a running QB

He is a mobile QB. And he is in there specifically because it was pointed out that at 6'1 Manziel is too small to play QB in the NFL

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a mobile QB. And he is in there specifically because it was pointed out that at 6'1 Manziel is too small to play QB in the NFL

Your stats are WAYYYYYY off

Vick is 6; even .... 215 this year .... His ass is also getting old ... pre prison he never weighed more than 200lbs going into camp

RG3 is 6'2 and played last year (season weight not pre training camp) at 175 going into the season

Johnny Manziel is 6'1 200 even ... going into the season.... He don't weight that during a season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Manziel is either, but I guess he's saying if Brees can make it then all small QB's will.

Not saying all small QBs will. But if you look at Manziel, he can pass. ON the field he is smart, accurate, and also does bring the threat of rushing as well. Its great to run around in the backfield and extend plays, but if a team has to worry about not breaking contain on defense, your offense is always at an advantage. But I dont think we really have to worry about it. If JM has another solid to exceptional year, he will come off the board WAY before Dallas could justify taking him in any case.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your stats are WAYYYYYY off

Vick is 6; even .... 215 this year .... His ass is also getting old ... pre prison he never weighed more than 200lbs going into camp

RG3 is 6'2 and played last year (season weight not pre training camp) at 175 going into the season

Johnny Manziel is 6'1 200 even ... going into the season.... He don't weight that during a season.

My stats are based off of what they are officially reported on the NFL site. And RG3 never drop down to 175.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My stats are based off of what they are officially reported on the NFL site. And RG3 never drop down to 175.

He damn sure was reported at 175 last offseason

Teams stats always over blow guys ... I remember San Diego having Brees at 6'2 and Flutie at 6 even....

2 inches over both their actual height....

Come on now bruh.... you got all this time to be on the Cowboys board.... but no time to google more than 1 site before you quote a stat???.....

Don't start slipping ... I will trip you