• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex better show something against the Raiders

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better do something better then 2/7 for 10 yards, this 1st quarter against the Raigirls is very important IMO.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith and the OL.... if the OL holds up, then Smith should have no excuse to make his throws.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
#1. O-line has to pick up blitzes
#2. Smith will have no excuses if the line does it's job
#3. Really hope to see more of the slant!
#4. Want to see the defense play like they did last week. Brees was shut down.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone saw the movie Semi-Pro with Will Ferrall and Andre 3k? Well they discovered the "alley-oop" and went bonkers with it.

With this revealation about the slant, it reminds me of that...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully CK keeps getting extended reps in the pre-season. It should only make him more ready to take over if/when Smith face plants.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many plays/drives do you think the starters will get?

IMO i feel Alex needs a decent amount of time, i wanna see him earn it out there. Not just be given it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh mentioned it would be about the same as last week.

mrmetoo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm hoping he gets a full half and CK gets the second half. Probably wishful thinking, but I feel that would give the best info for Harbaugh to evaluate them fully.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm guessing the spread will be about the same as it was for the Saints game though I would like to see the starters out there a little longer to get some valuable reps.

I agree that if the O line holds up their is no excuse for Smith to not having a productive outing. I don't have the expectations every pass he throws is perfect as this is still only the second preseason game with a new offense but I do want to see him move the chains and at least come out of the night with a TD drive.

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm guessing the spread will be about the same as it was for the Saints game though I would like to see the starters out there a little longer to get some valuable reps.

I agree that if the O line holds up their is no excuse for Smith to not having a productive outing. I don't have the expectations every pass he throws is perfect as this is still only the second preseason game with a new offense but I do want to see him move the chains and at least come out of the night with a TD drive.

IMO he should play the entire first half. The offense needs to gel.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex needs to show his timing is better on the balls that he's throwing. First pass of the game was under thrown to Davis and threw way behind Braylon on a slant pass. I think improvements all around are needed, and agree they start with the O-Line.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better do something better then 2/7 for 10 yards, this 1st quarter against the Raigirls is very important IMO.

Or else what?

I mean what other options do the niners have at this point?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Alex is a slow starter. He always comes in to games way to amped up and sends his first 5 or 6 passes off the mark. Then when his back is against the wall he dials it in. You would think by now he'd have the mental side down. He's probably got about half a season left with us. Bring on CK.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately Alex is a slow starter. He always comes in to games way to amped up and sends his first 5 or 6 passes off the mark. Then when his back is against the wall he dials it in. You would think by now he'd have the mental side down. He's probably got about half a season left with us. Bring on CK.

Nailed it!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you guys who want to see the starters play the entire 1st half. They need the work together. If this really is a QB competition. Give Alex the 1st quarter, and give Kap the 2nd quarter with the starters. Then let Kap play through the 3rd Quarter with the 2nd team, and then let McCown mop up the 4th.

Oh, with the exception of Gore. No need to risk an injury with him.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm with you guys who want to see the starters play the entire 1st half. They need the work together. If this really is a QB competition. Give Alex the 1st quarter, and give Kap the 2nd quarter with the starters. Then let Kap play through the 3rd Quarter with the 2nd team, and then let McCown mop up the 4th.

Oh, with the exception of Gore. No need to risk an injury with him.

Can't disagree with that.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am more interested to see how Harbaugh is going to handle this game. How many adjustments were made this week? I have seen enough of Smith and that O line so as not be that surprised about what happened last week.
Some of the reports out of camp this week have been that CK has hit a wall so I would like to see a whole half of Smith and hopefully see him taking more control of that offense.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nailed it!

Instead of just doing a casual warm-up with a stationary target on the sidelines, Smith should actually take some snaps, drop back, and throw to a WR running a route before games start. Get some of those jitters out. I hope working on his footwork wth Harbaugh will have some effect here, as well.

Though I would point out, Smith also has some history of starting out with a nice drive and then falling apart. We've had plenty of games under him where we went out, drove down for a TD or FG, and then didn't put together another good drive that half. Could have something to do with scripting and knowing what to expect.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Smith plays QB like I play golf. If his drives are great, he can't put. If he can chip he's hitting his drives out of bounds. If his irons are working, he can't put to save his life.

On that note, if a drive's going great and he gets around the other team's 40 yard line, that's when I almost can't watch. Once he gets about right there you can feel him pressing to make something happen and the T.O. meter goes nuts (see Phi fumble).

Now with his regular face mask, maybe Harbaugh can hypnotize him before he gets on the field.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO he should play the entire first half. The offense needs to gel.

That's a top 10 bold right there.... simply put, offense needs to gel.

Our primary starters should get some good amount of playing time to get the gelling started. It would HELP if they can sustain drives of their own!