• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ALERT: Landeskog is not a LW. :der:

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who else didn't know this? Everything I read up until I received my copy of THN's draft preview said Landeskog was a LEFT WING. However, as I was deciding to go back and read about him (completely skipped his write up, because I thought he was a LW) they claim he is a lefty shooting RIGHT WINGER.

Frankly, everything they wrote about him is exceptional, and knowing he's a natural RW makes me much, much higher on this kid. In fact, the things they wrote were exceptionally positive.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I have read so far has him listed as a lw to that's odd.good catch mc he is listed as a rw on kitchners web site

Last edited by a moderator:

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am i the only one who knew this? all the tsn reports (mostly videos) refered to him as an rw. oh well.

either way, i think from last year when we were discussing tedenbys place on the team (preseason) most of you can remember my viewpoint on wingers with some exceptions (kovy)

a wing is a wing is wing. most will be able to play either

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
am i the only one who knew this? all the tsn reports (mostly videos) refered to him as an rw. oh well.

either way, i think from last year when we were discussing tedenbys place on the team (preseason) most of you can remember my viewpoint on wingers with some exceptions (kovy)

a wing is a wing is wing. most will be able to play either

I had no clue. It was my own fault because I remember seeing him as a LW on one site and never looked at him strongly ever again. However, I'd be exponentially more comfortable drafting a natural right winger vs hoping he converts easily.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course. however lets face it, depending on where zubes (if he's still here next year) plays, when he's on the wing its typically right, and teddy will probably be granted a top 6 role for sure, and when zubes is a wing i do feel he's capable as well.

teddy
zubes
clarkson.

while its not great, its not horrible either. and considering how strong we are down the left wing its nothing i lose sleep over.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With all due respect to the three players we currently have playing RW in Teddy, Zubrus, and Clarkson, one would have to imagine Landeskog would immediately start to challenge for the number 1 RW spot within 2 years, plus he's apparently a ridiculously good 2 way player, and was one of the youngest captains in JR apparently.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he would, which would be awsome.

the other thing i will admit that worries me a bit is that fw's tend to make some gooooooood money earlier than d men. i'd like to see us add this player to our new core, not a 4-5 year hit and run.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
of course he would, which would be awsome.

the other thing i will admit that worries me a bit is that fw's tend to make some gooooooood money earlier than d men. i'd like to see us add this player to our new core, not a 4-5 year hit and run.

We're getting a little ahead of ourselves. hahaha. Besides in 5 years Elias will be retired and Rolston will be in an old folks home.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahah yes yes i know. its just a worry of mine. but maybe i'm thinking a bit too much like a gm

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm already worried about teddy and josefson getting raises in 2 years :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landeskog is A beast one of my favorite players in the draft.I dont think he will drop to the 4 spot though.He is swedish but plays A rough north american game.He has elite poser forward written all over him.From the clips I have seen he reminds me A lot of A young Cam Neely.I just really cant see him slipping past colorado or florida

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not so mad at myself anymore because on their list of the top 100 he's listed as a LW but in the actually article they talk about him being a RWer.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm with RKO, wingers are wingers so regardless of which side he's on he could play right. I actually like this kid a lot and wouldn't mind taking him at all. It is really tough to predict what will happen with the first 3 picks though, a ton of different directions this could go.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea I'm with RKO, wingers are wingers so regardless of which side he's on he could play right. I actually like this kid a lot and wouldn't mind taking him at all. It is really tough to predict what will happen with the first 3 picks though, a ton of different directions this could go.

Oh c'mon folks. Jmac got fired because Kovy wouldn't/couldn't play RW.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you know me i love goal scoring. him being a RW makes it easier to draft him. but with all these great wingers tedenby landeskog parise kovalchuk and zajac is our only center? yeah joffenson is there too but i dunno

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you know me i love goal scoring. him being a RW makes it easier to draft him. but with all these great wingers tedenby landeskog parise kovalchuk and zajac is our only center? yeah joffenson is there too but i dunno

You've got to admit though,

Parise - Zajac - Tedenby
Kovy - JJ - Landeskog

Looks pretty nice...

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as hell won't be dissappointed if we take him he's just not my ideal pick. But there's no denying the dudes got a pair and should be one hell of a player,

It'd be like having 2 parises ;)

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I sure as hell won't be dissappointed if we take him he's just not my ideal pick. But there's no denying the dudes got a pair and should be one hell of a player,

It'd be like having 2 parises ;)

That's way better than 1.5.