• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alec Baldwin killed crew member Halyna Hutchins on set of Rust

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? what did he have control over? he was handed a prop gun, assumed it was properly set up and followed the directions of the director in how it was handled. it was a regrettable accident
He is a producer on the show ...which could very well mean he had control over everything.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a producer on the show ...which could very well mean he had control over everything.

so basically you are saying that he and anyone else who because of their job as the producer, director, actor or etc should be charged with the crime of murder if someone is accidently killed during the filming of their movie.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so basically you are saying that he and anyone else who because of their job as the producer, director, actor or etc should be charged with the crime of murder if someone is accidently killed during the filming of their movie.
Pardon me for butting in but in civil court yes.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Producers can be held liable for accidents on their sets.
As the case with Ed Norton for the fire that happen on his movie set.

Producers may or may not be criminally liable but they can be made liable in a lawsuit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Baldwin is both the perpetrator (intentional or not) AND “the guy at the top” as the producer means he is pretty well fuct.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that accidently killed Brandon Lee took a sabbatical from acting and said you never recover from the incident.

While Alec is trying to get brownie points by telling people, he reached out to the family.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting straight...

This does seem a little more fishy now.

Who could confuse blank and live?

I'm willing to give Alec the benefit of the doubt, which I believe more should here, and say that he didn't know what type of ammo was in it.

IMO. Who loaded the gun us to blame!!!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alec Baldwin is fucked. The union crew was kicked off the set and replaced with scabs the day of the shooting

As the camera crew — members of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees — spent about an hour assembling their gear at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, several nonunion crew members showed up to replace them, the knowledgeable person said.

A member of the producer staff then ordered the union members to leave the set. She said if they didn’t leave, the producers would call security to remove them.

“Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue shooting,” the knowledgeable person said.

There were two misfires on the prop gun on Saturday and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”

And this ....

Rust Set Didn't Have a Union Prop Master Working on Day of Alec Baldwin Incident, Says Union

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not murder....... but manslaughter?
Too early to tell right now. I think the main question right now is WHY THE FUCK WAS THERE A LIVE ROUND IN THE GUN???

The answer to that will tell a lot.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to tell right now. I think the main question right now is WHY THE FUCK WAS THERE A LIVE ROUND IN THE GUN???

The answer to that will tell a lot.

I read that there actually wasn't. "Live round" was a term they used to refer to a loaded prop gun, which is just another layer of dumb on this thing.

It's very hard to believe an actual live round (term used correctly) found its way onto a set and somehow got loaded into a prop gun. If that happened, someone should be tried for manslaughter.

It's tragically ironic though, that the people handling guns capable of killing someone could have avoided this whole thing by merely learning a little about gun safety instead of constantly crying about other people owning them.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shouldn’t the armorer be able to tell the difference between dummy rounds and live rounds? Shouldn’t they be markedly different so any dumbass can tell the difference? Why would there be live rounds on set?

This whole story just illustrates how idiotic and irresponsible all these Hollywood liberal elites are.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shouldn’t the armorer be able to tell the difference between dummy rounds and live rounds? Shouldn’t they be markedly different so any dumbass can tell the difference? Why would there be live rounds on set?

This whole story just illustrates how idiotic and irresponsible all these Hollywood liberal elites are.
My understanding (and I may be wrong with this) is that a dummy round and a live round look VERY different. A dummy round has the casing basically just filled with gunpowder (or whatever) and no protruding projectile (the bullet) while a live round is the same, except that there is a clear protruding projectile (the bullet).

I can’t imagine there is any way that an armorer could possibly get this wrong. Unless they had some typical gun-hating lib with zero experience with guns filling in due to the labor issues that were occurring on the set (essentially going without an actual armorer).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding (and I may be wrong with this) is that a dummy round and a live round look VERY different. A dummy round has the casing basically just filled with gunpowder (or whatever) and no protruding projectile (the bullet) while a live round is the same, except that there is a clear protruding projectile (the bullet).

I can’t imagine there is any way that an armorer could possibly get this wrong. Unless they had some typical gun-hating lib with zero experience with guns filling in due to the labor issues that were occurring on the set (essentially going without an actual armorer).
Well, when I first heard the story, I heard they were using blanks. If they were blanks, then a toddler could tell the difference. I looked up some dummy rounds because I have had no experience with them (I thought dummy rounds were plastic rounds that don’t fire that you practice fixing jams and reloading with) and what I saw looked like a typical round. If I’m the armorer and the dummy rounds on set look like actual rounds, I’m making sure the dummy rounds get colored differently.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when I first heard the story, I heard they were using blanks. If they were blanks, then a toddler could tell the difference. I looked up some dummy rounds because I have had no experience with them (I thought dummy rounds were plastic rounds that don’t fire that you practice fixing jams and reloading with) and what I saw looked like a typical round. If I’m the armorer and the dummy rounds on set look like actual rounds, I’m making sure the dummy rounds get colored differently.
SA70LR-2.jpg

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying he didn't pull the trigger.

Just pulled the hammer back and let it fall.

Didn't pull the trigger.

iu

Smart Alec.

NM Statute:

B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to felony, or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection.
Whoever commits involuntary manslaughter is guilty of a fourth degree felony.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know someone who works in the industry in Hollywood. He told me recently that the word going around is that the crew was firing live rounds on the location just the day before the incident. He couldn’t speak to the accuracy of that story, but just that that is the “accepted truth” in town.

Also, Baldwin is one of the more unliked individual in the industry. For what that is worth…

And no, I don’t expect you to believe this. Take it for what it is worth. A story told to me by someone in the industry that I trust.