• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Guardians

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Cleveland, I think this is the 8th elimination game they've lost in a row.

Very cursed sports town. If not for LeBron James it would be even worse.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah they will def. be the favorites.

The guardians did not make any moves in the offseason since they knew it would be a rebuilding year with all the young guys--- lets see if now that they know the team has potential if they make any moves to shore up some of the weak spots.

If they do nothing this offseason it will be a major disappointment.
Well Dolan should be willing to spend since they got close with a young team, they need power badly.

Outhit the Yankees 41 to 27.
Runners left on base 39 to 24.

I said before the series if they lose it will be because they leave RISP and the Yanks just have too much power. Almost all their runs were from the long ball. Maybe guys like Gonzalez have more consistent power but sadly you need power to go far in this league. Still a hell of a season for a team that had less than a 5% chance to win the division.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh this team was different. Youngest team in the league. The fact they got this far was an accomplishment, hard to stab off a team with a ton of power and big name hitters with youngsters. Don't worry you will see more elimination games but hopefully they win them next time.

I would rather be in those elimination games then fall way short of expectations like the....*cough cough* White Sox :D

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh this team was different. Youngest team in the league. The fact they got this far was an accomplishment, hard to stab off a team with a ton of power and big name hitters with youngsters. Don't worry you will see more elimination games but hopefully they win them next time.

I would rather be in those elimination games then fall way short of expectations like the....*cough cough* White Sox :D
How about that danny dimes? You got your giants swag yet?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NAylor was stupid---- celebrating like that for a 1 run homer when you are losing.

He has done this stuff all year--- but its just not really my thing. He has great numbers against Cole though- one of the few guys that has hit him on the Guardo's.
At least he took the backlash well. You better take it well after you went all out to celebrate like that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dolan should be willing to spend since they got close with a young team, they need power badly.

I said before the series if they lose it will be because they leave RISP and the Yanks just have too much power. Almost all their runs were from the long ball. Maybe guys like Gonzalez have more consistent power but sadly you need power to go far in this league. Still a hell of a season for a team that had less than a 5% chance to win the division.
the thing is- in some ways the team might even be younger next year.....I am not sure what they do- if they try and fast track the "rebuild"- or if they let guys like Bo Naylor, Valera, Espino, Williams, get time next year and learn on the job.

And Shane- where do you try and improve this team?

You have Bo Naylor who hit the crap out of the ball coming up at catcher and looks great. Do you get Sean Murphy with him waiting in the wings? Is it a good use of assets to say have Murphy and Bo Naylor split the position? that would certainly take one of the weaknesses on the team and make it a strength.

The obvious position to improve is a 1B/DH that is right handed that splits those positions with Naylor.

Other than that where do you go? Only other thing I can really think of is possibly getting rid of Straw, and moving Kwan to center and getting a power hitting left fielder- but do you do that with Valera- your best hitting prospect - and your best OF prospect in a decade- on the cusp and Straw hitting so well in September, playing great D and kind of rounding into form?

is there a SP out there that is significantly better than Quintrell that you can spend some assets on in a trade?

I am not sure there are a ton of moves to make beside letting the young guys develop- and the prospects that are still in the minors come up- beside at a couple of positions.

Id trade for Murphy- and get a right handed 1B/DH and pretty much do nothing else if you ask me. Those 2 moves would significantly strengthen the lineup---- and then count on guys improving, and Valera, Williams, Espino, Rocchio- continuing to develop.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to spend in the of for sure and maybe a real dh

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean shit- Brennan, Freeman, Arias are ready to go and looked good at times- and im not sure how they get on the field much.

Brennan and Arias both impressed me and looked good at times in the post season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def a real DH.....

in the outfield---- maybe.....like I said- maybe move Kwan to center, and replace Straw with a left fielder? I think you ahve to give the RF job to Oscar Gonzalez at this point.

their best hitting prospect - and best hitting prospect since Lindor- their best OF prospect in forever- is Valera- who was moved up to Triple A during the summer and is on the cusp of being ready.........

I think 1B/DH, and C are the 2 positions to improve.

and then trade for Ohtani at the deadline once the Angels are out of it :)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean as good a this run is- this team is still "rebuilding"......Keith Law has them with 5 of the top 65 prospects in his August re-order....3 of them being SP in Espino, Williams, Bibee, and then Rocchio (who I like the most out of anyone) at SS, and Valera- one of the highest rated OF prospectsi n the game- with a power/OBP profile up soon.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean as good a this run is- this team is still "rebuilding"......Keith Law has them with 5 of the top 65 prospects in his August re-order....3 of them being SP in Espino, Williams, Bibee, and then Rocchio (who I like the most out of anyone) at SS, and Valera- one of the highest rated OF prospectsi n the game- with a power/OBP profile up soon.

They do have excess pitching to trade

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have excess pitching to trade
Cody Morris is good too- he could easily be a #4 or #5 next season. Logan Allen is highly regarded and was on top 100 lists.

Their starting 5 is obviously Bieber, McKenzie, Quintrell, Civale, Plesac----- with Morris, Espino, Williams, Bibee, Allen all either in the majors or very close. Even Pilkington was decent when he pitched a few games- plenty of teams would not mind him as a back-end guy thats cheap.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

b16.jpg