• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You admitted when you first replied to pozz's evisceration of your statement that he was touched. Now you're saying he wasn't?

And what about the first part of what you said, the part pozz put in bold? Are you just pretending that part doesn't exist? Here it is again:

Is it your argument that if the QB is not touched, the pass rush is non-existent? If so, you may have to re-evaluate the way you feel about our OL, because Kaep yesterday did not get touched much, although I would say he faced a fair amount of pressure.

One touch? Really IMAC? C'mon now pull your the head out. And I certainly stand by my assertion that the pass rush was ineffective in the first half. Only a blind man or an extreme homer would see it differently. 2nd half; 5 sacks, first half; none. You be the judge.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One touch? Really IMAC? C'mon now pull your the head out. And I certainly stand by my assertion that the pass rush was ineffective in the first half. Only a blind man or an extreme homer would see it differently. 2nd half; 5 sacks, first half; none. You be the judge.

You said they didn't touch him. One touch and zero touches are not equivalent.

You also said the pass rush was non-existent. You did not assert that it was ineffective.

As for ineffective, the first two NO possessions were 3 and outs. Their last two possessions of the half (not including the one play kneel down after the pick 6) were also 3 plays or less drives. One was a 3 and out, the other a pick 6 on the second play of the drive (2nd and 10 following an interception).

The Saints, who had averaged a hair under 30 points per game since their 0-4 start (177 points in 6 games) scored 14 points in the first half. That includes a TD from a drive that went 11 yards following the Ginn muff.

So New Orleans put together 1 drive in the first quarter. Our pass rush was "non-existent?" Then how did we do such a good job of shutting them down?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said they didn't touch him. One touch and zero touches are not equivalent.

You also said the pass rush was non-existent. You did not assert that it was ineffective.

As for ineffective, the first two NO possessions were 3 and outs. Their last two possessions of the half (not including the one play kneel down after the pick 6) were also 3 plays or less drives. One was a 3 and out, the other a pick 6 on the second play of the drive (2nd and 10 following an interception).

The Saints, who had averaged a hair under 30 points per game since their 0-4 start (177 points in 6 games) scored 14 points in the first half. That includes a TD from a drive that went 11 yards following the Ginn muff.

So New Orleans put together 1 drive in the first quarter. Our pass rush was "non-existent?" Then how did we do such a good job of shutting them down?
Lot of errant throws, good coverage and the penalties! I've never seen a Drew Brees team not get those close interference calls. The Niners got about 4 of them. I'm wondering if the NFL has issued an edict that "the Saints are to be made an example of and will not make the playoffs."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm wondering if the NFL has issued an edict that "the Saints are to be made an example of and will not make the playoffs."

Are you kidding? The ref's were literally wearing Saints uniforms on Sunday. I was yelling at the TV for not calling a 15 men on the field penalty, but those extra guys were actually the referees.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son asked me why I don't play football...Aldon Smith is why! #49ers
4:47pm - 25 Nov 12

Mark texeira twitter lol

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lot of errant throws, good coverage and the penalties! I've never seen a Drew Brees team not get those close interference calls. The Niners got about 4 of them. I'm wondering if the NFL has issued an edict that "the Saints are to be made an example of and will not make the playoffs."

Apparently you haven't seen much of the Saints then.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Are you honestly saying the Saints were NOT getting calls in the first half?

and why were Brees' throws errant? Isn't it unlike an NFL QB to spray the ball all over the place when he has a clean pocket? Isn't Brees one of the best in the business?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding? The ref's were literally wearing Saints uniforms on Sunday. I was yelling at the TV for not calling a 15 men on the field penalty, but those extra guys were actually the referees.

Three or four non calls could easily have been pass interference on the Niners; especially the Terrel Brown knockdown of the pass on 4th down that basically ended the game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you haven't seen much of the Saints then.

Up until last week there was no chance that they'd make the playoffs. All of a sudden when things are really looking up for the Saints the refs turn on them? Kind of suspicious.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you honestly saying the Saints were NOT getting calls in the first half?

and why were Brees' throws errant? Isn't it unlike an NFL QB to spray the ball all over the place when he has a clean pocket? Isn't Brees one of the best in the business?

Yes. And it got worse in the second half.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Three or four non calls could easily have been pass interference on the Niners; especially the Terrel Brown knockdown of the pass on 4th down that basically ended the game.

We're talking about the first half.

Or are you also going to argue that the pass rush was non-existent in the second half?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Up until last week there was no chance that they'd make the playoffs. All of a sudden when things are really looking up for the Saints the refs turn on them? Kind of suspicious.

It's also very suspicious that Drew Brees was apparently spraying the ball all over the place when he wasn't being pressured at all.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby Tyler is a joke. There are multiple posters on here who I always read whenever I see their posts because they usualy have something educational or something of value to add to the conversation. It is getting to the point now that I don't even bother with Toby Tyler's post and just scroll on by them.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even count the amount of times that I've literally laughed out loud while reading this thread. Good Lord!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about the first half.

Or are you also going to argue that the pass rush was non-existent in the second half?[/QUOTE]

No. The pass rush was brilliant in the second half as I repeatedly have stated. Huge difference from what we saw in the first half.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby Tyler is a joke. There are multiple posters on here who I always read whenever I see their posts because they usualy have something educational or something of value to add to the conversation. It is getting to the point now that I don't even bother with Toby Tyler's post and just scroll on by them.

I'm crushed! Poor me.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

+1

And here I came to sportshoopla from espn to avoid these kinds of posters. I guess the honeymoon is over.

Last edited by a moderator: