• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see him back but I don't think he will get too many snaps in the Saints game after being off of the field for so long.This is more about him getting ready for the later games in the season.I.E.the Seattle games.

It's been reported that Aldon is "chomping at the bit" to get back in action. While it's not to say he's in game shape, I have the feeling that he has been training like a mad man so that when his feet do hit the field he's an immediate force to be reckoned with. I think they'll have him on the field a lot more than than they're letting on.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been reported that Aldon is "chomping at the bit" to get back in action. While it's not to say he's in game shape, I have the feeling that he has been training like a mad man so that when his feet do hit the field he's an immediate force to be reckoned with. I think they'll have him on the field a lot more than than they're letting on.
I have heard that he is been training but it's not the same as being on the field really. I hope can make an immediate impact but IMO that is asking too much for the first game he comes back at. It sucks the the NFL says there might be time off when they have no real intention of doing so.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that he is been training but it's not the same as being on the field really. I hope can make an immediate impact but IMO that is asking too much for the first game he comes back at. It sucks the the NFL says there might be time off when they have no real intention of doing so.

Problem is those rumors get started and we don't know who the sources are. For all we know, the rumors were bogus and the NFL was never even considering it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is those rumors get started and we don't know who the sources are. For all we know, the rumors were bogus and the NFL was never even considering it.
True. Many rumors flying around about a lot of teams...not just the 9ers.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Many rumors flying around about a lot of teams...not just the 9ers.

I guess my point is some people want to be critical of the NFL for this thinking that it was the NFL that was putting out the info about reducing the suspension when that might not have been the case.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my point is some people want to be critical of the NFL for this thinking that it was the NFL that was putting out the info about reducing the suspension when that might not have been the case.

critical because they pick and choose who to give a break. Wes walker got games taken away and Gordon. Gordon. Overall Smith has missed 14 games because of this. Makes no sense.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke. The guy has done everything to make him a better person plus missed 5 games last year and the NFL still does the wrong thing. After the replays from last week that was wrong and now this NFL is out to get the 49ers.

Even when he comes back it's going to hard to turn around our entire season with the way the NFL is handling us this year. It's like someone in the league's office is bound and determined to knock us down a peg or two.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
critical because they pick and choose who to give a break. Wes walker got games taken away and Gordon. Gordon. Overall Smith has missed 14 games because of this. Makes no sense.

That is another issue which I could agree with you.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when he comes back it's going to hard to turn around our entire season with the way the NFL is handling us this year. It's like someone in the league's office is bound and determined to knock us down a peg or two.

Aldon isn't going to help the oline play any better either

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon isn't going to help the oline play any better either

no but we should be able to get more pressure and sacks on the QB. I can't wait to see Lynch and Smith play together. Should be fun. Then throw in Willis and Bowman. Oh man.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but we should be able to get more pressure and sacks on the QB. I can't wait to see Lynch and Smith play together. Should be fun. Then throw in Willis and Bowman. Oh man.

BY the time everyone is back, will there be anything left to play for?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it'll be tough to win the West, we're almost out of it already. But a wildcard is certainly within reach.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you...not that I don't most of the time...but we're in a fight for the wildcard at this point and have a run of good teams ahead of us...this next game is pretty pivotal in terms of setting a tone for making any sort of run. From a divisional standpoint we're in second place despite our 500 record.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately I have to agree with you...not that I don't most of the time...but we're in a fight for the wildcard at this point and have a run of good teams ahead of us...this next game is pretty pivotal in terms of setting a tone for making any sort of run. From a divisional standpoint we're in second place despite our 500 record.

???

clearly, we're not in second place in the West (Divisional standpoint). Did you mean second place for the wildcard race, in our Conference?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on us being out of the race in the West we have 2 games against Seattle and 1 left against Arizona. You win those and you're still in it because Arizona could very easily lose every game left on their schedule. They play St. Louis and Seattle twice, home against Detroit and Kansas City, and @Atlanta. Detroit and Kansas City can beat them on the road though Arizona will be the favorite in both games. They will also be the favorite @Atlanta but like New Orleans the Falcons are a much better team at home. Then it's all NFC West games and as the Rams proved to us those are anything but a guaranteed wins. They could very well lose 6 out of their remaining 8 giving them a 9-7 record.

We turn our season around and win 6 out of these remaining 8 games and we still have a shot at the playoffs and maybe the division. You beat Arizona and Seattle and that's 3 of your 6 wins right there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree on us being out of the race in the West we have 2 games against Seattle and 1 left against Arizona. You win those and you're still in it because Arizona could very easily lose every game left on their schedule. They play St. Louis and Seattle twice, home against Detroit and Kansas City, and @Atlanta. Detroit and Kansas City can beat them on the road though Arizona will be the favorite in both games. They will also be the favorite @Atlanta but like New Orleans the Falcons are a much better team at home. Then it's all NFC West games and as the Rams proved to us those are anything but a guaranteed wins. They could very well lose 6 out of their remaining 8 giving them a 9-7 record.

We turn our season around and win 6 out of these remaining 8 games and we still have a shot at the playoffs and maybe the division. You beat Arizona and Seattle and that's 3 of your 6 wins right there.

we're not out of it till we're mathematically out of it, but realistically is it greater than 50% chance we beat Seattle TWICE, AND Arizona?

Even if Arizona loses more than they win second half, but wins out the West (other than to SF), wouldn't they win the tie breaker? Cause can't help think Arizona has a better chance of beating Seattle TWICE, than SF? They did it last year in Seattle.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith sounded like he will give the 49ers a discount. He said he owes the 49ers and is very appreciative of the organization for standing by him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith sounded like he will give the 49ers a discount. He said he owes the 49ers and is very appreciative of the organization for standing by him.

That would be refreshing, if that is actually the case.

The org has really bent over backwards for him, and for McDonald as well, taking LOTS of national media heat to back these men in their times of need.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be refreshing, if that is actually the case.

The org has really bent over backwards for him, and for McDonald as well, taking LOTS of national media heat to back these men in their times of need.

True, but they were doing it because they know they are talented (in Aldon's case extremely). They weren't backing them out of the goodness of their heart or anything. Not saying the players don't "owe" the organization in a sense, but when it all comes to a head they will want money (and their agents will too!).