• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Getting Sentenced Today?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hopefully the dude learned his lesson from this. I have my doubts. :tsk:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Sounds like basic stuff to me. Now onto Judge Goodell...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good that's over with and a pretty fair ruling imo.

The biggest thing is for him to keep himself out of trouble from now on and hopefully probation will help kee his nose clean.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have to wait and see what punishment the NFL might levy. Now that the legal issues are resolved, it seems the league should be able to move forward as well.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now we just gotta wait on word for Goodell as to # of games suspended and it will be over with.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good that's over with and a pretty fair ruling imo.

The biggest thing is for him to keep himself out of trouble from now on and hopefully probation will help kee his nose clean.

The only thing that will keep his nose clean is for him to want to keep it clean otherwise he will be just like Josh Gordon.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, he got work crew?! For only 12 days?! He won't have to spend even one night in jail. ....Oh, but he has the 30(ish) days of community service. Still, that's not bad at all.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, he got work crew?! For only 12 days?! He won't have to spend even one night in jail. ....Oh, but he has the 30(ish) days of community service. Still, that's not bad at all.
Now we wait to see what Goodell will give him for a suspension.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we wait to see what Goodell will give him for a suspension.

Probably nothing if he considers the timer served last year. He could dock him game checks from last year or at worst a 2 game suspension.

Pretty much nothing stuck accept the DUI which Aldon had already taking steps to correct himself by missing those games last year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's pretty typical on this sort of case.

Given the self-imposed suspension last year, the reduction on the firearms charges, and the dismissal of the LAX thing, is it possible he won't see a suspension at all? Goodell hasn't suspended anyone for conduct in a pretty long time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's pretty typical on this sort of case.

Given the self-imposed suspension last year, the reduction on the firearms charges, and the dismissal of the LAX thing, is it possible he won't see a suspension at all? Goodell hasn't suspended anyone for conduct in a pretty long time.

Well, Goodell may take into consideration that the 49ers already suspended him & just fine him his paychecks for the amount of games he would've been suspended; but I don't know.

Either way the NFL NEEDS to hit him in the wallet. That's the only thing that's gonna get his attention. 12 days on work duty? Probation? Pfft!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Goodell may take into consideration that the 49ers already suspended him & just fine him his paychecks for the amount of games he would've been suspended; but I don't know.

Either way the NFL NEEDS to hit him in the wallet. That's the only thing that's gonna get his attention. 12 days on work duty? Probation? Pfft!

The lawyer fee's haven't already hit his wallet? :scratch:
The team not already signing him up to a long term contract has not already hit his wallet?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The lawyer fee's haven't already hit his wallet? :scratch:
The team not already signing him up to a long term contract has not already hit his wallet?

No and not even even close.

Every player in the NFL who gets suspended by the NFL doesn't get paid during the suspension. Aldon didn't lose any money when the Niners suspended him. The financial aspect is the entire point of a suspension; otherwise it's a paid vacation. And I'm sure a guy who's making 5 million this season isn't going to change his life because he had to pay a few grand in legal fees.

And the second part makes no sense. Aldon is still going to get a long-term contract. He hasn't lost a dime in that respect. None of the other players from the 2011 class have gotten contract extensions yet either unless I'm mistaken (Cam, Watt, Von, PP, Julio, Dareus and so on). The Niners picked up a 9-million dollar option for him in 2015, so he's doing just fine.

Aldon sat out 5 games, so I'm hoping Goodell suspends him for 5 games and lets him play because of "time served," so he loses 5 game checks for the bull shit he pulled last year.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and not even even close.

Every player in the NFL who gets suspended by the NFL doesn't get paid during the suspension. Aldon didn't lose any money when the Niners suspended him. The financial aspect is the entire point of a suspension; otherwise it's a paid vacation. And I'm sure a guy who's making 5 million this season isn't going to change his life because he had to pay a few grand in legal fees.

And the second part makes no sense. Aldon is still going to get a long-term contract. He hasn't lost a dime in that respect. None of the other players from the 2011 class have gotten contract extensions yet either unless I'm mistaken (Cam, Watt, Von, PP, Julio, Dareus and so on). The Niners picked up a 9-million dollar option for him in 2015, so he's doing just fine.

Aldon sat out 5 games, so I'm hoping Goodell suspends him for 5 games and lets him play because of "time served," so he loses 5 game checks for the bull shit he pulled last year.

Well look at this way. The 2 main incidents are the DUI and the weapon charge. Those both occurred either before or during last season. The gun charge was for the most part dropped so I don't see a reason for the NFL to punish him for that. You would think for the DUI if they were going to punish him they would have done it last year. It makes little sense for the NFL to have allowed him to come back last year and not punish him, and then turn around and punish him for it at the start of this season.

The airport incident amounted to nothing more than a story. If the NFL does anything to him I would fully expect Aldon to appeal. Giving how his legal situation played out and how the league handled his return for the DUI already I just don't see even a 2 game suspension. He's not violated in league rules, and what he has done the team and himself have already taking steps to correct. At this point for the NFL to do anything it would just be throwing salt into an open wound.

Aldon can not have any more screw ups in the immediate future though. Anything more and the league would likely have to step in as it means whatever he and the team are doing is not good enough.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco was on last night and provided his thoughts:

He said that since Aldumb sat out those games last year, Goodell will take that into account (he personally mentioned that as well). Maiocco expects Aldumb to get suspended by the league no more than 5 games, possibly 2. He doesn't think the NFL will come down hard on Aldon because of that personal sit out he had and he was pretty confident in saying so.

However, man, the Niners need to set this straight or consider getting rid of this cat if there's another infraction. Picking up that 1 year option didn't send the right message and when asked by Tim Kawakami about that the 49ers stance is on dealing with players like Aldumb, Coach Harbs got pretty defensive which was ridiculous. With some of the legal issues this team has dealt with in the past off season, somebody needs to put the foot down and get this team back on track before things get out of hand quickly.