• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Getting Sentenced Today?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspensions are not about what's fair; they're about what Roger Goodell thinks a lawyer can't get reduced.

Got to be less likely now though that Aldon gets anything over 2 games. How does that look for the league to give Rice 2 games for beating a woman and Aldon more for a DUI he already missed games for to get help?

I still don't see where Aldon has done anything to warrant more than a fine. Fine him for the amount of a few game checks and say the games he missed last year was enough. End of story. The league is full of guys who have done far worst.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspensions are not about what's fair; they're about what Roger Goodell thinks a lawyer can't get reduced.

I say hit him with as much as possible and them let the lawyers sort it out later.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be less likely now though that Aldon gets anything over 2 games. How does that look for the league to give Rice 2 games for beating a woman and Aldon more for a DUI he already missed games for to get help?

I still don't see where Aldon has done anything to warrant more than a fine. Fine him for the amount of a few game checks and say the games he missed last year was enough. End of story. The league is full of guys who have done far worst.

Who really knows what Goodell is going to do.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I say hit him with as much as possible and them let the lawyers sort it out later.

I agree. But then again, I don't know how much money that would cost; and it would essentially make Goodell's suspension simply a formality before a legal battle. If ever suspension were a legal battle that might cost a lot of money.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd be surprised if he gets more than 4 games but ultimately I think he gets 2 especially if the time he took off last season is taken into consideration.

It should be kept in mind that he's never been suspended before and aside from that airport incident that he didn't even have charges filed against him he hasn't gotten into any serious trouble.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two games and time served will be my guess but Goodell is hard to figure out.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wonder if Goodell is allowed to comment publicly on the length of suspensions & what factors into them or if he's pretty much under the gag of confidentiality.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wonder if Goodell is allowed to comment publicly on the length of suspensions & what factors into them or if he's pretty much under the gag of confidentiality.

He's probably allowed to but why would he?

It would just be more of a headache for him because people will say "You said this about X player when you suspended him so why doesn't the same thing apply to Y player."

Etc Etc