• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Getting Sentenced Today?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maiocco was on last night and provided his thoughts:

He said that since Aldumb sat out those games last year, Goodell will take that into account (he personally mentioned that as well). Maiocco expects Aldumb to get suspended by the league no more than 5 games, possibly 2. He doesn't think the NFL will come down hard on Aldon because of that personal sit out he had and he was pretty confident in saying so.

However, man, the Niners need to set this straight or consider getting rid of this cat if there's another infraction. Picking up that 1 year option didn't send the right message and when asked by Tim Kawakami about that the 49ers stance is on dealing with players like Aldumb, Coach Harbs got pretty defensive which was ridiculous. With some of the legal issues this team has dealt with in the past off season, somebody needs to put the foot down and get this team back on track before things get out of hand quickly.

Hes a hack.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well look at this way. The 2 main incidents are the DUI and the weapon charge. Those both occurred either before or during last season.

The timing doesn't matter at all.

The gun charge was for the most part dropped so I don't see a reason for the NFL to punish him for that.

The gun charges were not dropped. He pled guilty & was sentenced for that.

You would think for the DUI if they were going to punish him they would have done it last year.

You'd think so, but apparently the wheels of NFL justice turn about as slowly as the other kind.

The airport incident amounted to nothing more than a story. If the NFL does anything to him I would fully expect Aldon to appeal.

And he'd lose that appeal. No charges were filed against Ben Roethlisberger either, but the NFL still suspended him.

He's not violated in league rules,

You must not be familiar with the NFL Code of Conduct policy. He's violated a ton of rules.

and what he has done the team and himself have already taking steps to correct.

How? A paid vacation in rehab'? If you chill out in rehab for a while that means the NFL shouldn't suspend you? That's not how it works. Like I said, the suspension is about losing the game checks not about missing games. That's the only thing that gets these millionaire, man-child jackasses' attention.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Maiocco was on last night and provided his thoughts:

He said that since Aldumb sat out those games last year, Goodell will take that into account (he personally mentioned that as well).

Nice! The suspension could essentially turn into a fine if he lets Aldon play w/ respect to the time served. :)

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see more than a 2 game suspension. Aldon probable gets 1 game just so Goodell can say he at least punished Aldon.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A paid vacation in rehab'? If you chill out in rehab for a while that means the NFL shouldn't suspend you?

I'm just gonna say rehab isn't necessarily vacation, regardless of how nice it is. He very well could have gone through alcohol withdrawal, which is pretty scary stuff. I only guess he'd have gone through alcohol withdrawal because of the circumstance of how he got the DUI; being really drunk at 7am on a work day isn't just the end of a lone bender.

Not to imply that he should get off without a punishment because he may have not had a good time in rehab, but rehab isn't some magical vacation just because the rehab center has a fountain, a palm tree, and can scam a lot of money out of people who have piss poor judgement.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't see more than a 2 game suspension. Aldon probable gets 1 game just so Goodell can say he at least punished Aldon.

The best case scenario for the 49ers is a 5-game suspension with his time served last season allowing him to play. That way the financial ramifications are the greatest & the on-field impact is already suffered.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many games he will be suspended for. I hope it isn't more then 4.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wait Wait. I'm Confused.

How did the LAX thing get dismissed

It wasn't dismissed because charges were never filed. They knew he wasn't serious when he said he had a you-know-what (rhymes with Tom; I don't like writing the B word online), but they had to arrest him anyway for saying it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a Bright idea for Roger.

GO AND MEET THE GUY

Have a 4 game radius for the suspension(let's say 5-9 games for arguments sake) and have questions and Scenarios planned focusing on maturity and Decision Making. If he answers Perfectly than heck give him a game less than the least amount in the radius (4 for arguments sake) and if he bombs Give him one more than the highest amount in the radius (10)

but the NFL or Roger is not going to do that because like i said. It's a bright idea

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO AND MEET THE GUY

Have a 4 game radius for the suspension(let's say 5-9 games for arguments sake) and have questions and Scenarios planned focusing on maturity and Decision Making. If he answers Perfectly than heck give him a game less than the least amount in the radius (4 for arguments sake) and if he bombs Give him one more than the highest amount in the radius (10)

but the NFL or Roger is not going to do that because like i said. It's a bright idea

Sounds like you might be scared and you want Aldon to be suspended for awhile.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you might be scared and you want Aldon to be suspended for awhile.

1) You know the 4-10 where Numbers I pulled out my Arse right?

2) Far from it. I actually respect you guys and the 9ers. It's like This. A little NHL at you

The Vancouver Canucks(1st team on the 3 logos) and the Chicago Blackhawks are huge rivals. So i hate the Blackhawks but still respect them. Heck 1 of my Favorite NHLer's is a Blackhawk and I have 2 of them in my top 5 players right now.

So there is Hatred but respect mixed in to.

Now if we are talking about NE, PIT or DAL then its just Hatred

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

GO AND MEET THE GUY

This isn't a bright idea because you're looking at it as if Goodell were his dad. Goodell is not his dad. He's not a counselor. He has to give suspensions & make rulings based on things like precedent and the likelihood a lawyer would be able to overturn it. When dealing with NFL players & the NFLPA you're not dealing with human beings; you're dealing with lawyers.

Aldon doesn't give a crap what Goodell thinks of him or about his advice.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a bright idea because you're looking at it as if Goodell were his dad. Goodell is not his dad. He's not a counselor. He has to give suspensions & make rulings based on things like precedent and the likelihood a lawyer would be able to overturn it. When dealing with NFL players & the NFLPA you're not dealing with human beings; you're dealing with lawyers.

Aldon doesn't give a crap what Goodell thinks of him or about his advice.

And he shouldn't. What's going for Aldumb is the fact that he doesn't really have a serious criminal record. Yeah, he's gotten involved in some really stupid situations i.e. LAX or the drunk driving issue, but his situation pales in comparison to some of the other things we've seen with other NFL players.

I'll admit, I was a little concerned that Aldumb would miss half the season, but Maiocco is confident that he'll miss no more than 4 games, and possibly it's 2. Another source for this optimism: John Clayton of ESPN was on earlier saying Aldumb won't miss half the season, probably a quarter of it.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated work crew. House arrest is waaaayyy better. You just give them a work schedule that frees you up for about 12 straight hours. Work crew once or twice a week drags that shit out too long.
Straight up!

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ray Rice gets two game for beating his wife, then what does Aldon get?

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ray Rice gets two game for beating his wife, then what does Aldon get?

That shit is a joke. Should have been every bit of 8 games, and imo the entire year. Terrible message.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That shit is a joke. Should have been every bit of 8 games, and imo the entire year. Terrible message.

Suspensions are not about what's fair; they're about what Roger Goodell thinks a lawyer can't get reduced.