• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALCS Series Thread Boston vs Houston

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game.

See you in Htown Tuesday..

Have your big boy pants on!!

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think the Stros were good enough to win 2 of 3 in Houston had they won tonight? WOW lol

Boston did win 108 games this year, they aren't going to roll over and show their belly like you guys did...:dhd:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this BP is killing me

im really starting to dislike kimbrel. heathcliff slocumb like lately.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price sucks worse than Cole, but the Bosox still pull it out.

Funny how it feels like a good outing when Kimbrel only gives up one run in an inning. Bregman could have put a major hurt on the Bosox in the ninth. Glad he didn't as he is fast becoming my least favorite ML player....he is a great talent, but what a prick!

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny how it feels like a good outing when Kimbrel only gives up one run in an inning. Bregman could have put a major hurt on the Bosox in the ninth. Glad he didn't as he is fast becoming my least favorite ML player....he is a great talent, but what a prick!
I Boston fan calling someone a prick:lol:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we survived another David Price October performance and the season was saved. I have no idea what is happening with Kimbrell but he's too good for this to continue and it hasn't cost us a game. Yet. Very happy to get a split with those 2 Houston starters. Not that Kuechel will be easy, and you never know which Eovaldi will show up, but man those first 2 Astros pitchers are tough.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bregman is the guy who you love if he is on your team, and hate when he isn't. Plays the game the right way, but loves to play the victim. I think he creates his own controversies to keep the fire in his belly. For example, he has used not being drafted #1 overall as some sort of huge slight to drive himself. It's kind of funny how he can take something like that and use it. Most people would say, wow, I got drafted really high and I'm a millionaire now. Nope, not Bregman. Whatever works I guess. ha ha

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bregman is the guy who you love if he is on your team, and hate when he isn't. Plays the game the right way, but loves to play the victim. I think he creates his own controversies to keep the fire in his belly. For example, he has used not being drafted #1 overall as some sort of huge slight to drive himself. It's kind of funny how he can take something like that and use it. Most people would say, wow, I got drafted really high and I'm a millionaire now. Nope, not Bregman. Whatever works I guess. ha ha
Bregman is a fantastic player and he should get even better....I just don't like the person he seems to be, although that could be a media creation to an unknown extent.
He definitely lies about his height, just like Pedey....
People said I would like Jonny Gomes when he came to the Bosox and it never happened...he was just a jerk, albeit one who did some nice things in the 2013 postseason.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedroia learned to keep his mouth shut? When did that happen?
I haven't seen any quotes from Pedey that said much of anything real in nearly a decade, but he was a cocky one when he came up.

Last edited:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bregman is a fantastic player and he should get even better....I just don't like the person he seems to be, although that could be a media creation to an unknown extent.

Meh, a lot of it stems from Bauer and Clevinger talking shit about the Astros all year and Bregman trolling them. Seriously, like half of his shit talk this year that made the news was directed toward Bauer.

Him being 24 years old, a loud mouth, and annoyingly confident.

Then him hating the Yankees from the time he was a young child as a Red Sox fan and now being annoyed that new money (Astros) don't get the respect from MLB that old money (Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, etc) gets despite being World Champs.

I think he will be fun to hate for many years though. He isn't going to stop talking smack I don't think. Even as he gets older.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game last night. Hoping Kimbrel can find his mojo between Boston and Houston.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People said I would like Jonny Gomes when he came to the Bosox and it never happened...he was just a jerk, albeit one who did some nice things in the 2013 postseason.

Meh, I like Bregman. Maybe I would think he is a jerk if he played on ..oh, lets say...the Red Sox, or Cubs, or Yankees.

I could be a homer, but I'll take his animated personality over Yasel Puig and others like him.

As a noted philosophers said...

It aint braggin if you can do it.
-Dizzy Dean

It's not bragging if you can back it up.
Muhammed Ali

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bregman shows his stripes with some pointless trolling that his manager has to tell him to take down, like he's a 12 year old getting a talking to from the principal.
I would love it if the Red Sox had him instead of the Stros, at least for his on field accomplishments, but what a tool. I finally saw a good closeup of his mug and maybe his deformed face explains the chip on his shoulder...what an ugly little shit! Reminds me of the nasty little fucker that every good bully has as a sidekick.