• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALCS Series Thread Boston vs Houston

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Astros for a great series. Darn shame that a questionable call had to ruin what would've been a series for the ages. You have a great team and hopefully, we'll see you again at this point next year.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

good series Houston fans. this could have easily gone 7 games. that team is fucking loaded, enjoy it

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good series. In all honesty I was worried until that last out that Houston would comeback and win.

Nah man, I had a feeling after game 2 it was gonna end for us this series. I saw that counterpunching and clutch hitting from you guys I saw last year from ours.

When a team gets better with 2 strikes and 2 outs, you've got a focused and dialed in team.

I read somewhere during the game you guys had 19 runs on 2 strike counts and 18 runs with 2 outs. That's insane, and the difference in the series.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Astros for a great series. Darn shame that a questionable call had to ruin what would've been a series for the ages. You have a great team and hopefully, we'll see you again at this point next year.

That call didn't ruin anything. I still think it was a bad call, but it was in the first inning. We took the lead after that even. Boston just kept counterpunching and crushing the Astros spirits. You could see it on their faces last night. There was no joy in our dugout tonight from a normally really upbeat team. They knew Boston was better.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!!! Really thought this series was going to go to 7. Out of nowhere price finally turns in a great postseason start.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!!! Really thought this series was going to go to 7. Out of nowhere price finally turns in a great postseason start.
Verlander vs Price, I gave Houston the win. A sick Sale vs a very good Cole I was leaning Houston.
And on to game 7, where anything goes.
Didn't expect it but very happy over.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Red Sox fans.

Looking like a Red Sox-Dodgers WS. I'll refuse to watch out of principle.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The good thing about a win last night and a convincing 4-1 series results is it showed that the one call wasn't the decider as this whole thing was pretty one sided.

I'm not sure if this was a case of the best team won or the team that played the best won as I'm not convinced one of these teams is better than the other. Sox fans who have watched the team all year knows Matt Barnes and the rest of that pen just aren't that good, yet they pitched great. David Price out duels Justin Verlander in October. Few saw that coming.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, imagine that. The team with a payroll 23 million higher than the 2nd highest won. 90 million more than the average team salary.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing about a win last night and a convincing 4-1 series results is it showed that the one call wasn't the decider as this whole thing was pretty one sided.

I'm not sure if this was a case of the best team won or the team that played the best won as I'm not convinced one of these teams is better than the other. Sox fans who have watched the team all year knows Matt Barnes and the rest of that pen just aren't that good, yet they pitched great. David Price out duels Justin Verlander in October. Few saw that coming.

... not to mention Kimbrel putting it together 24 hrs after “pitching” 2

coming out of the series with the Yankees like they did gave me some confidence with Houston, but never in 5 ...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, imagine that. The team with a payroll 23 million higher than the 2nd highest won. 90 million more than the average team salary.

No argument, baseball is totally fucked up. People like to point to the A's but when have the A's actually won anything of significance?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitting Beni ends game with his catch.

Hats off to Price, and the Astros

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because high payrolls always = wins/titles

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to whomever posted the link about the vcash betting, I won $1600!
Wasn't really expecting that much out of Price, but I always figure that when a pitcher gets to be so lionized for his postseason performance that the pundits start saying he can't lose....he will lose.
Reference Madbum, Cliff Lee, and now Verlander (aka Mr tits mcgee, husband of the model who somehow believes anynody cares what she thinks about baseball or anything else).
The Stros are a wicked solid team and it sucks that the interference call was so critical....I know I would be stewing about that if it happened to the Bosox. Still don't like Bregman, but that guy is going to be a force in baseball for years to come.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because high payrolls always = wins/titles
Not always, but they certainly have the advantage.

If someone knew nothing about baseball, but had to place a bet on who would win the world series this year, most would choose the Red Sox. That is if they had the payroll info for all teams. The smart money is on the team that is 90 million over league average.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not always, but they certainly have the advantage.

If someone knew nothing about baseball, but had to place a bet on who would win the world series this year, most would choose the Red Sox. That is if they had the payroll info for all teams. The smart money is on the team that is 90 million over league average.

No question high payroll teams have a huge advantage. But as posted there have been plenty of high payroll teams who haven't had the success the Red Sox have had over the past 13 years. Dodgers had the highest payroll for the previous 4 years, how'd that work out? Yankees came up empty countless seasons when they had the highest payroll.

So you have to give them credit for using their high payroll better than other teams over the years.