• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama TE arrested for possession of DRUGS

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will there be some Bama on Bama teabagging, film at 11.
That's dangerous. It's like on Captain Planet when they let their powers combine except....

huge_balls_south_park.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t know getting arrested for pot was still a thing.

Alabama still like 50 years behind the rest of the country.

What? I thought they still arrested people in Arizona for it. If they don't, then I'm not going to bother with a medical card next year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as far as Arizona goes, I'm not sure if it's true as I've never been pulled over. But the guy at the dispensary saw that I kept my card in somewhat view* and told me if I get pulled over for any reason and a cop see's it they will try to give me a DUI. So I should only mention I have the card if forced to, aka if they find pot on me.

*actually it was my Sam's Club card, but they are both green and look a like, and I've actually given the Sam's Club guy my medical card on accident.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I was joking, somewhat. Apparently Jaelen was driving Maserati with no license plate. Like that’s not going to draw attention to yourself.
Damn kid must come from money to be driving a Maserati.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does his Maserati do 185?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does his Maserati do 185?
He picked a good time to get busted in a Maserati since the NCAA will be a little too busy to investigate for a while.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He picked a good time to get busted in a Maserati since the NCAA will be a little too busy to investigate for a while.

Why? Is there some sort of big investigation or something? :suds:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was growing up there were 2 charges as I remember, possession and possession with intent to sell. Anything up to an ounce and in a single baggie was possession and anything over, or having it in separate baggies was intent to sell.

I have no idea about it being up to the arresting officer, never heard that. Also I've never heard 2.2lbs meaning anything, but that amount wouldn't mean anything to me and it's been quite a few years for me. A friend of mine got a few years in prison for a couple of ounces as it was considered intent to sell, so the 2.2lbs certainly isn't a minimum.

I got busted 17 years ago for about a half oz and it was personal possession. Although I just moved to California and said fuck them. Then about 6 years ago I got a lawyer and they dropped the possession and I plead guilty to paraphernalia(papers). I guess they figured they'd rather have $1,000 than nothing. It's not like I had anything to worry about in California, but it's nice to be able to visit my mom without worrying about it.

Needless to say, I'm very pissed about Alabama's laws.

this is from an article on AL.com that kind of explains it and pretty much all the other googling i did substantiated it

Few go to prison on felony pot charges today, but Alabama police still busy making arrests

Officer discretion

Howard said Alabama needs new rules for law enforcement to determine when an amount of marijuana is for personal use or non-personal use. The law does consider anything over 2.2 pounds to be trafficking. But it's a judgement call below that level.

"The way the statute is written leaves a lot of discretion (by officers)," Howard said. "What are needed are thresholds to force law enforcement to have objective charging."

Murray said that his officers use "common sense" when catching and charging someone with marijuana.

Officers will look at the weight of the drug, how it's packaged and the history of the person in determining how to charge them, Murray said. Unless there are extenuating circumstances if a person is caught with an ounce or less of marijuana they are likely to be charged with a misdemeanor or the D felony, he said.

Most people are not going to buy more than an ounce at a time for personal use, Murray said. "Anything over that we're going to take a real hard look at you," he said.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is from an article on AL.com that kind of explains it and pretty much all the other googling i did substantiated it

Few go to prison on felony pot charges today, but Alabama police still busy making arrests

Officer discretion

Howard said Alabama needs new rules for law enforcement to determine when an amount of marijuana is for personal use or non-personal use. The law does consider anything over 2.2 pounds to be trafficking. But it's a judgement call below that level.

"The way the statute is written leaves a lot of discretion (by officers)," Howard said. "What are needed are thresholds to force law enforcement to have objective charging."

Murray said that his officers use "common sense" when catching and charging someone with marijuana.

Officers will look at the weight of the drug, how it's packaged and the history of the person in determining how to charge them, Murray said. Unless there are extenuating circumstances if a person is caught with an ounce or less of marijuana they are likely to be charged with a misdemeanor or the D felony, he said.

Most people are not going to buy more than an ounce at a time for personal use, Murray said. "Anything over that we're going to take a real hard look at you," he said.

What he said basically sounds like what I experienced. Over an ounce and/or how it's bagged.

I had no idea that it was only due to officer discretion though. I just thought it was the law.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he had less than a 10th of a gram... :L