• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama/Oklahoma State comparison

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Bama fans are butthurt. Oklahoma State clearly has the better resumé. Only blind Bama fans don't see this.

That's not true at all.

I'm quite happy.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading all these Alabama arguments about the loss is :puke:

Can't wait for the BCS rankings.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be close but osu is the deserving team. Let's hope the CBS rankings agree.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does CBS have to do with anything?

LOL at people thinking Bama fans are butthurt... Wait until 7pm & we'll see....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does CBS have to do with anything?

LOL at people thinking Bama fans are butthurt... Wait until 7pm & we'll see....

Oops lol. Damn predictive text. That would be bcs.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That loss to four touchdown underdog Iowa State is much better than the three point loss by Alabama in overtime to LSU?

The only reason this is being discussed is because SEC haters cannot stomach "Six in a Row!" This is the only reason retards are having bloody bowl movements. The BSC works. Once again, it is set up to give us the best two teams in the nation playing each other.

Were you saying that when the NC game was going to be Ohio St. and Michigan back in 2006? The Gators were given a chance to play and they won. Okie St. doesn't get that same opportunity. BCSEC anyone?

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Were you saying that when the NC game was going to be Ohio St. and Michigan back in 2006? The Gators were given a chance to play and they won. Okie St. doesn't get that same opportunity. BCSEC anyone?

Contact your conference offices & tell them next time the plus one or 4 team playoff comes up, don't turn it down....

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State:
-Conference Champion
-11-1 vs FBS Teams(played NO FCS teams)
-Opponents W/L: 81/63 (.563)
-Played 3 teams w/losing records
-Played 2 ''even'' (.500) teams(lost to 1)
-Played 7 teams w/ winning records
-Played 6 road games
-1 loss was on the road

Alabama:
-No conference of division title
-10-1 vs FBS Teams(played 1 FCS team)
-FBS Opponents W/L: 74/59 (.556)
-Played 4 teams w/losing records
-Played 3 ''even'' (.500) teams
-Played 4 teams w/winning records(lost to 1)
-Played 5 road games
-Lost at home

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you forgot the little...lost to an unranked opponent part!

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To summarize:

OSU has:
-a conference championship
-more wins vs FBS teams(11 to 10)
-more wins over winning teams(7 to 4)
-played more road games(6 to 5)
-played FBS teams w/overall better records
-1 loss on the road, where Bama lost @home

Alabama has:
-a ''better'' loss

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you forgot the little...lost to an unranked opponent part!

Ranking is an opinion, and as its been pointed out many times before: game time ranking means nothing.

I posted FACTS. None of that is opinion.

If you had read my post instead of immediately trumpeting the ONLY ''argument'' Alabama has over Oklahoma St, you would have seen I noted that OSU's 1 loss came against a .500 team.

Also, Bama may have a ''better'' loss than OSU, but Bama has a far worse ''win'' than even the worst team OSU has played.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone make a valid argument for Bama over Oklahoma State using indisputable facts? Is the Bama has a ''better'' loss argument all there is?

We know the system chose Alabama. We have to deal w it, so no ''Deal with it'' responses.

I'm asking everyone btw. Can anyone make a case for Alabama and have facts to support it?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone make a valid argument for Bama over Oklahoma State using indisputable facts? Is the Bama has a ''better'' loss argument all there is?

We know the system chose Alabama. We have to deal w it, so no ''Deal with it'' responses.

I'm asking everyone btw. Can anyone make a case for Alabama and have facts to support it?

The answer is no but it doesnt matter now

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that shocks me is that the coaches ( you know the people who should care the most about a teams actual accomplsihments) ranked Bama ahead of OK State. Doesnt surprise me that the media did since its Bama after all but I can guarantee you that if you lined up all those coaches and told them that their team had the resume that the Cowboys did and then asked them if they should be ahead of Bama they would ALL ( every last one of them) tell you yes.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better loss is a fact, like it or not. I'm not saying that should be the most important fact, but it is one nonetheless.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better loss is a fact, like it or not. I'm not saying that should be the most important fact, but it is one nonetheless.

For sure but that has already been proven in the past to not matter as much as wins ( see 2006). One thing is for sure. This year is a true representation of the fact that preseason polls are not needed anymore. I had always thought that preseason polls were OK because as the season went on a teams success and accomplishments would at some point overcome the opinion and " eyeball" test that preseason polls institute but this year proves that wrong IMO. If the pollsters are going to base their entire poll all season off of opinion instead of facts then I dont see any reason a preseason poll is needed.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is no but it doesnt matter now

Oh I know it doesn't matter now. I was just wondering if there's things I overlooked.

Okay, I'll concede that Alabama have a better loss is a fact ''like it or not''. I'll agree that, on paper, losing to a 6-6 team is worse than losing to an undefeated team.

BTW, I don't recall saying I didn't ''like'' that stance. I just don't think it trumps the facts in OSU's favor. It's funny when people throw that phrase in like its supposed to be some sort of insult.

But is that it though? Is that Alabama's ace in the hole?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure but that has already been proven in the past to not matter as much as wins ( see 2006). One thing is for sure. This year is a true representation of the fact that preseason polls are not needed anymore. I had always thought that preseason polls were OK because as the season went on a teams success and accomplishments would at some point overcome the opinion and " eyeball" test that preseason polls institute but this year proves that wrong IMO. If the pollsters are going to base their entire poll all season off of opinion instead of facts then I dont see any reason a preseason poll is needed.

Pre-season polls will always be there. They are a fixture. The only thing you could do is eliminate all human polls from the formula.
When putting together my ballot (I had originally written "when doing my poll" LOL), I weigh quality wins as the best achievement, but I eliminate the highest quality win for each unranked loss (fair trade/sacrifice IMO). That leaves OkSU with wins over Baylor and Okla (15 and 19), and Bama with highest ranked win over Arky (7) and then PSU (23).
So, I'm not seeing where OkSU is indisputably better than Bama.

Last edited by a moderator: