• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fair comparison. You are ignoring that you played 3-9 Utah State last year, 4-8 Idaho in 2015, you have a massively depleted Western Michigan this year, Fresno State the year after that. Hell, one year you have Rice and Fresno State. You can't compare your top (or middle rung depending on what Notre Dame is looking like) to another team's bottom rung and act like that is a fair comparison. I wouldn't slam Washington for playing an FCS school and compare it to scheduling Notre Dame, when Michigan State played Fulmer last year. You compare equivalents. Is playing a terrible G5 school that different than playing an FCS school?

Yeah every team plays cupcakes Ive never denied that. But I was talking about Traveling to play OCC games. Every team plays a game against a team at home that they don't go to play at their house. And usually it's one game. I remember playing Idaho and San Jose State one year. That sucked and every USC fan hated it. But never going out of your time zone to play away OCC games? Playing 2 in ten years (Bama) or none in ten years (Florida). And again USC played Virgina and Boston College and Syracuse either the year or a year in a direction away from winning their conference . How is that anywhere close to FAU and Towsend and Chattanooga? Whens the last time they were nationally ranked?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah every team plays cupcakes Ive never denied that. But I was talking about Traveling to play OCC games. Every team plays a game against a team at home that they don't go to play at their house. And usually it's one game. I remember playing Idaho and San Jose State one year. That sucked and every USC fan hated it. But never going out of your time zone to play away OCC games? Playing 2 in ten years (Bama) or none in ten years (Florida). And again USC played Virgina and Boston College and Syracuse either the year or a year in a direction away from winning their conference . How is that anywhere close to FAU and Towsend and Chattanooga? Whens the last time they were nationally ranked?
If you are talking about playing road games, why are you comparing them to Chattanooga and Townsend? The closest comparison would be the neutral site games. Again you are not comparing things that are remotely equivalent.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking about playing road games, why are you comparing them to Chattanooga and Townsend? The closest comparison would be the neutral site games. Again you are not comparing things that are remotely equivalent.

Neutral site game is not going to the other teams stadium. Hence the word neutral.
I can't compare a team traveling to play OCC games against teams that dont travel to play OCC games. What i can compare them to is the games they choose to play instead of them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neutral site game is not going to the other teams stadium. Hence the word neutral.
I can't compare a team traveling to play OCC games against teams that dont travel to play OCC games. What i can compare them to is the games they choose to play instead of them.
Yes and comparing your top tier road games to home chump games, when your team plays home chump games is not a fair comparison. Maybe you missed the "the closest comparison" part of my post. If you want to have an intelligent conversation about how to improve college football, stop comparing apples to bowling balls.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and comparing your top tier road games to home chump games, when your team plays home chump games is not a fair comparison. Maybe you missed the "the closest comparison" part of my post. If you want to have an intelligent conversation about how to improve college football, stop comparing apples to bowling balls.

And you're ignoring that some teams don't travel to play decent road OCC games. You say USC plays a home chump like everyone else and thats true. But I can also show you at least 25 games (since 2000) that USC traveled to play OCC games. Some really good some Virginas, Minn, Boston Colleges. You give them a pass for never traveling. The closest they get is a neutral game at a stadium where they play all the time and their fans can get to easier than the other team.
Your Spartans played a home game against Oregon and played at Oregon recently. Both home teams won. Thats what footballs about. Playing at colleges not at NFL venues.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're ignoring that some teams don't travel to play decent road OCC games. You say USC plays a home chump like everyone else and thats true. But I can also show you at least 25 games (since 2000) that USC traveled to play OCC games. Some really good some Virginas, Minn, Boston Colleges. You give them a pass for never traveling. The closest they get is a neutral game at a stadium where they play all the time and their fans can get to easier than the other team.
Your Spartans played a home game against Oregon and played at Oregon recently. Both home teams won.
I'm not ignoring that fact. I agree that I prefer home and home's over neutral site games and almost any Bama fan that has been around here for a while remembers me whining and crying about Bama backing out of our H&H. But acting that Chattanooga is preventing Alabama from playing a home and home with a quality opponent is ignorant. The game against USC last year prevented them from doing that as well as the game against FSU this year is preventing it. So my comparing playing a road game vs playing a neutral site game is apples and oranges, some similarities but different. Your comparing chump games to road games is apples and bowling balls, nothing even close except they are round.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring that fact. I agree that I prefer home and home's over neutral site games and almost any Bama fan that has been around here for a while remembers me whining and crying about Bama backing out of our H&H. But acting that Chattanooga is preventing Alabama from playing a home and home with a quality opponent is ignorant. The game against USC last year prevented them from doing that as well as the game against FSU this year is preventing it. So my comparing playing a road game vs playing a neutral site game is apples and oranges, some similarities but different. Your comparing chump games to road games is apples and bowling balls, nothing even close except they are round.

Well I cant compare traveling to OCC games if you don't do it. I think you have to go back to the 90s to the last time Florida left the state for a OCC game and then the 60's for the last time after that. So I shoudlnt compare them and USC going to the OCC games because they dont?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I cant compare traveling to OCC games if you don't do it. I think you have to go back to the 90s to the last time Florida left the state for a OCC game and then the 60's for the last time after that. So I shoudlnt compare them and USC going to the OCC games because they dont?
By all means trash them for not playing games out of Florida but don't sit there and tell everyone that the reason they can't is their games against UAB, the reason they aren't is because of playing Michigan in Dallas or the state law that they have to play FSU or Miami every year. I don't know of any team that only plays quality opponents for their entire schedule. So again their Chattanooga game is the equivalent to your Utah State game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all means trash them for not playing games out of Florida but don't sit there and tell everyone that the reason they can't is their games against UAB, the reason they aren't is because of playing Michigan in Dallas or the state law that they have to play FSU or Miami every year. I don't know of any team that only plays quality opponents for their entire schedule. So again their Chattanooga game is the equivalent to your Utah State game.

But in ten years they have no equivalent to USC going to (insert one of over 25 schools) away game. The reason they dont is because they dont want to. Not because they play Chattanooga. USC will play Western Michigan at home. Cupcake right. But hosts Texas (good job Texas) and travels to Notre Dame while playing an extra conference game. It can be done. Playing a cupcake wont stop USC from going to Austin to play Texas next season. Imagine that.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No college football team on this planet has played more P5 opponents than USC.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in ten years they have no equivalent to USC going to (insert one of over 25 schools) away game. The reason they dont is because they dont want to. Not because they play Chattanooga. USC will play Western Michigan at home. Cupcake right. But hosts Texas (good job Texas) and travels to Notre Dame while playing an extra conference game. It can be done. Playing a cupcake wont stop USC from going to Austin to play Texas next season. Imagine that.
So we are in agreement, Chattanooga is not the problem with them playing a quality away game. It's the sun belt games and the neutral site games.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No college football team on this planet has played more P5 opponents than USC.
That's not the discussion. I am saying that Alabama playing Chattanooga is not preventing them from playing a home and home series and saying that it is, is ignorant.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the discussion. I am saying that Alabama playing Chattanooga is not preventing them from playing a home and home series and saying that it is, is ignorant.

First of all who said it prevents them? They play those teams on purpose. No one is forcing them. USC played Idaho and Rice and plays Western Michigan at home because they scheduled it. But SEC teams have four openings to schedule teams not in their conference. Four opportunities to go on the road at least once and play a decent or average team at their house. You keep saying prevents them . They can play three Chattanoogas all at home and still play one away OCC game.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all who said it prevents them? They play those teams on purpose. No one is forcing them. USC played Idaho and Rice and plays Western Michigan at home because they scheduled it. But SEC teams have four openings to schedule teams not in their conference. Four opportunities to go on the road at least once and play a decent or average team at their house. You keep saying prevents them . They can play three Chattanoogas all at home and still play one away OCC game.
Ok then so stop talking about Chattanooga and start bitching about how they refuse to do home and homes. I'm all for that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then so stop talking about Chattanooga and start bitching about how they refuse to do home and homes. I'm all for that.

Well you cant talk about who they dont play or that they dont travel without talking about who they do play and where they do go instead . That's just common sense.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you cant talk about who they dont play or that they dont travel without talking about who they do play and where they do go instead . That's just common sense.
Then you have to talk about games like USC vs Bama in Dallas. It's not a home game. It would be great if teams didn't just bend over for Bama and do a neutral site game like FSU and USC did and force them into a home and home but it didn't happen.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you have to talk about games like USC vs Bama in Dallas. It's not a home game. It would be great if teams didn't just bend over for Bama and do a neutral site game like FSU and USC did and force them into a home and home but it didn't happen.

I don't mid talking about any games. I went to that game. It sucked not because of the score ( ok some was because of the asswhipping)but because it was in a giant NFL stadium. USC fans would have loved home and home but whens the last time Alabama did that? I think it was Penn State like eight nine years ago and before that a few years more. They just wont do it. USCs going to Austin next season. Cant wait for that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I understand it, neutral site games are by invitation only. Alabama has no control over it, other than they could turn the offers down. I know Michigan St was offered a neutral site game instead of canceling the home and home, but I don't think that was directly Alabama or anything.

And it seems to me that neutral site games are here to stay and probably grow in numbers. It started out with just the chick-fil-a classic, but they've already added a few others.

I think it's great obviously. Even when Alabama won't get invited every year they still provide great matchups. We weren't such a hot ticket 10 years ago so we didn't get invited in 2010 and 2011(I think it was), so we did a home and home with Penn St(but apparently doesn't count since they were further east than Alabama).

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it, neutral site games are by invitation only. Alabama has no control over it, other than they could turn the offers down. I know Michigan St was offered a neutral site game instead of canceling the home and home, but I don't think that was directly Alabama or anything.

And it seems to me that neutral site games are here to stay and probably grow in numbers. It started out with just the chick-fil-a classic, but they've already added a few others.

I think it's great obviously. Even when Alabama won't get invited every year they still provide great matchups. We weren't such a hot ticket 10 years ago so we didn't get invited in 2010 and 2011(I think it was), so we did a home and home with Penn St(but apparently doesn't count since they were further east than Alabama).
Penn State was what, 3 Natties ago? Thus it isn't relevant.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State was what, 3 Natties ago? Thus it isn't relevant.

Yep, and that's why it was the last one we did. Hot ticket item now and they are going to ride that shit.

As soon as we aren't so hot, we'll be back to doing home and homes and some other school will be getting shit for neutral site games. I hope it's not for another 20 years though.