• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't play moron and neither did I. But I actually went to the game. You sit on your couch never have seen them play in person. Wouldn't trade actually going to games for being a couch fan.

Good, you got to see your team get it's ass wiped in person.

You should get a ring for it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Know USC has a winning record over the SEC right? Of course you dont.

I'm an Alabama fan, and Alabama has been kicking your ass for nearly 100 years.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State, Auburn, Arkansas , Notre dame shit schools? I tell you what, going to those stadiums were a blast . Going to Jerry World didnt feel like the same college atmosphere. I would have much rather gone to Tuscaloosa even getting blasted. Even going to Virgina and Boston college coming from the west coast was cool. Would I take a sure win over Azuza Pacific? No way. But maybe thats just me. I'd rather a chance that team is decent that year than just one OOC neutral game then cream puffs at home. There's 25-30 year old fans of Alabama who probably have never gone to a true OCC away game .
I can understand the appeal, just not something that particular affects me much. I like the games Bama plays at LSU, barn town, UTenn and the like but I also really like the opportunity to play a different big team each year to open the season, regardless of where it's played.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a clown whos never seen them play.lol Wooopie for you.

I see them play all the time on the tv.

Then I come to these forums and watch you cry about it.

I've checked multiple times and yep - you still lost 52-6 even though you went to the game, and I watched it on TV.

I wouldn't trade with you. It's kind of awesome really.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them play all the time on the tv.

Then I come to these forums and watch you cry about it.

I've checked multiple times and yep - you still lost 52-6 even though you went to the game, and I watched it on TV.

I wouldn't trade with you. It's kind of awesome really.

Of course you wouldnt. You'd have to leave your house.lol. #whatawonderfullife

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for admitting half your conference sucks. Best conference my ass.
The East is a fucking joke, that's why awwbun wants to move over there.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East is a fucking joke, that's why awwbun wants to move over there.

Again, I appreciate the honesty. Seriously how can anyone argue the SEC as the best conference if half your conference isn't better then a 1-AA squad??

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 conference games sucks because it regionalized the sport when it needs to be nationalized.

8 conference games and 2 P5 quality opponents is much better than 9 conference games and 1 P5.

For some teams or some conferences maybe. But playing 9 conference games doesn't mean you have to puss out on OOC games.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I appreciate the honesty. Seriously how can anyone argue the SEC as the best conference if half your conference isn't better then a 1-AA squad??
I really haven't seen too many people arguing that recently. They've definitely had their moments but the recent past isn't one of said moments.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you wouldnt. You'd have to leave your house.lol. #whatawonderfullife

Does your wife beat you up while wearing an Alabama shirt or something and that's why you don't like being home?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until the season, then you'll hear it.
That's the beauty of CFB, the shit talk starts before we bother finding out the results and usually continues regardless of sech results.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some teams or some conferences maybe. But playing 9 conference games doesn't mean you have to puss out on OOC games.

Even the mid-major games provide better information than another conference game.

The FCS games don't, but they aren't going away as long as they count towards being bowl eligible.

The only good reason to have a 9 game conference schedule is if you have 10 teams and do a round robin format.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the mid-major games provide better information than another conference game.

The FCS games don't, but they aren't going away as long as they count towards being bowl eligible.

The only good reason to have a 9 game conference schedule is if you have 10 teams and do a round robin format.

Disagree, completely. In your first sentence you are saying playing Ohio or New Mexico provides better info than playing Georgia or Florida. Come on dude, not even you believe that garbage.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, completely. In your first sentence you are saying playing Ohio or New Mexico provides better info than playing Georgia or Florida. Come on dude, not even you believe that garbage.

You are looking at a single game, but if you look at the entire 8 game conference schedule there is more than enough data to properly judge/compare those teams.

So yeah, in a single game Georgia or Florida is much better info, but when you already have so many links between the conference teams it isn't.

It's because Ohio and New Mexico are linked to other teams, so you get a little measuring stick between all those teams. But most of the Florida and Georgia opponents are going to be teams you also play or teams that have solid links between them.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are looking at a single game, but if you look at the entire 8 game conference schedule there is more than enough data to properly judge/compare those teams.

So yeah, in a single game Georgia or Florida is much better info, but when you already have so many links between the conference teams it isn't.

It's because Ohio and New Mexico are linked to other teams, so you get a little measuring stick between all those teams. But most of the Florida and Georgia opponents are going to be teams you also play or teams that have solid links between them.

Just because you play teams that are more talented consistently than said mid majors doesn't mean you can get more info out of the said mid majors then the talented or at the very least P5 (more talented) teams your are replacing them with.

There is way more to play for. Playing a conference game counts against your conference record and thus does affect your team because it could keep them from making the conference championship and playoff. Playing a mid major doesn't affect that.

How again do you get more info from playing a mid major then a conference foe?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you play teams that are more talented consistently than said mid majors doesn't mean you can get more info out of the said mid majors then the talented or at the very least P5 (more talented) teams your are replacing them with.

There is way more to play for. Playing a conference game counts against your conference record and thus does affect your team because it could keep them from making the conference championship and playoff. Playing a mid major doesn't affect that.

How again do you get more info from playing a mid major then a conference foe?

I'm talking about being able to compare teams from different conferences better so they can properly decide which top 4 teams go to the playoffs.

You need common opponents between them, or closely related common opponents. For example, Alabama playing WVU would provide a little bit of a measuring stick between the Big12 and the SEC. But it's just 1 game so by itself it's limited. So you need to have many games between the 2 conferences to compare them. More games between the Big12 and Big10, Big10 and SEC, SEC and Pac, etc.

Those would be the strongest links for comparison, but you can also get some useful information out of weaker links, such as common opponents among mid-majors. Ohio plays Alabama, and Ohio plays WVU. Or Ohio plays Alabama, Ohio then plays New Mexico, and New Mexico plays WVU. That would be a much weaker link, but it's better than nothing.

But again you don't need just 1 or 2 of these links, because alone they aren't very useful. 100+ of them is another story. But when you get a whole bunch of them you get a much clearer picture on conference strength.

Meanwhile the conferences are all linked together well, so adding an extra conference game isn't going to help towards comparing the conferences. And it's not really needed to decide a conference champion properly. It does have a chance of affect the conference championship, but it's hit or miss on the teams you get. We are just as likely to get Vanderbilt as we are Georgia.

So 8 conference and 2 P5 opponents would be awesome because it provides the best links.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about being able to compare teams from different conferences better so they can properly decide which top 4 teams go to the playoffs.

You need common opponents between them, or closely related common opponents. For example, Alabama playing WVU would provide a little bit of a measuring stick between the Big12 and the SEC. But it's just 1 game so by itself it's limited. So you need to have many games between the 2 conferences to compare them. More games between the Big12 and Big10, Big10 and SEC, SEC and Pac, etc.

Those would be the strongest links for comparison, but you can also get some useful information out of weaker links, such as common opponents among mid-majors. Ohio plays Alabama, and Ohio plays WVU. Or Ohio plays Alabama, Ohio then plays New Mexico, and New Mexico plays WVU. That would be a much weaker link, but it's better than nothing.

But again you don't need just 1 or 2 of these links, because alone they aren't very useful. 100+ of them is another story. But when you get a whole bunch of them you get a much clearer picture on conference strength.

Meanwhile the conferences are all linked together well, so adding an extra conference game isn't going to help towards comparing the conferences. And it's not really needed to decide a conference champion properly. It does have a chance of affect the conference championship, but it's hit or miss on the teams you get. We are just as likely to get Vanderbilt as we are Georgia.

So 8 conference and 2 P5 opponents would be awesome because it provides the best links.
USC, Stanford and UCLA play 11 P5 teams on a regular basis. Oregon played 11 last year and UW will play 11 in 2018. That's with a 9 game conference schedule.