• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama fans, question for you

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is the only team that wouldn't be double digits dogs against Bama! Hooray for us

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The staff acknowledged they abandoned the rushing game way too early. Obviously that doesn't mean they'd get it going if they didn't, or the outcome would change, but I think they at least had something to take away and think about to be able to plan a little better for teams they can't dominate up front to give Browning all day to pick apart their secondary.

I agree. I think you will see Washington use their running game quite a bit tomorrow. With Bama though, they have put up historically good numbers as a rush defense this year. They are only giving up 2 ypc and 800 yards on the year.

They almost force teams to become one dimensional and then have rotational players who come in just to Get after the QB. The amount of talent they have on their bench is unreal.

I think Washington beats Colorado tomorrow, but it will be a good game. I read an article where they said UM could still get in if Washington struggles to beat Colorado, but I think that'd be atrocious. Washington with one loss absolutely should go over UM.

In the end -- I really don't think it matters who gets in as #4. They are going to be two touchdown underdogs and even if it were UM who got in. If I were a betting man, id pick Bama to cover.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is the only team that wouldn't be double digits dogs against Bama! Hooray for us

No disrespect to OSU. I don't bet on games, but if Bama and OSU were to play. I will wager on my first game in forever and put it on Bama.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If meeeechegan's left outta the Playoff that just proves Saban's afraid of Harbaugh.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That group wouldn't be 'Husky Nation' by any chance would it?

Why yes it would, Yesterday I had to deal with Husky fans complaining that it is unfair for and biased towards the SEC & Alabama for having the game in the South, they feel it isnt a neutral site because the committee is sending teams to bowl games close to where they are located. I told them this wasn't the NCAA tournament, that locations are locked in before knowing what the team configuration is.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to OSU. I don't bet on games, but if Bama and OSU were to play. I will wager on my first game in forever and put it on Bama.

Meh. I'd give Ohio State a punchers chance. They have the type of team Bama has struggled with in the past. Michigan on the other hand, would basically be trying to out Bama, Bama. That just doesn't happen

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I'd give Ohio State a punchers chance. They have the type of team Bama has struggled with in the past. Michigan on the other hand, would basically be trying to out Bama, Bama. That just doesn't happen

If OSU had different WR's -- I'd agree. They just don't have the deep threat, stretch the defense type of guys they had in 2014 to open up a defense.

And if UM had 8 sacks on OSU's OL -- I'm guessing that is the minimum Bama would end up with.

And please don't take that as disrespect to OSU. You guys are young and will only get better. I just think CFB this year is very watered down and Bama is going to win handily. The only team, IMO, who would need to play a near perfect game to have a legit shot to beat Bama is Clemson.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In regards, to UM, if they played Bama and were under a 10 point dog. I'd bet my house on Bama to cover.

So don't think I have some crazy notion UM would fare any better.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why yes it would, Yesterday I had to deal with Husky fans complaining that it is unfair for and biased towards the SEC & Alabama for having the game in the South, they feel it isnt a neutral site because the committee is sending teams to bowl games close to where they are located. I told them this wasn't the NCAA tournament, that locations are locked in before knowing what the team configuration is.
:L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly true, but the games are moved towards the team with the higher seed in the semi's. So if it's Alabama #1 and Washington #4, it's moved to the predetermined stadium is closer to Alabama, and if it was the other way, then it would be to the one closest to Washington.

But they are all generally located in the south because of weather and fan appeal.

And really, it doesn't matter to be honest. Very minimal effect because fans are going to travel to these games no matter the distance. Alabama vs ND in 2012 was much closer for Alabama, but the stadium was easily more pro ND.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly true, but the games are moved towards the team with the higher seed in the semi's. So if it's Alabama #1 and Washington #4, it's moved to the predetermined stadium is closer to Alabama, and if it was the other way, then it would be to the one closest to Washington.

But they are all generally located in the south because of weather and fan appeal.

And really, it doesn't matter to be honest. Very minimal effect because fans are going to travel to these games no matter the distance. Alabama vs ND in 2012 was much closer for Alabama, but the stadium was easily more pro ND.
Yes true fans do travel and actually watch teams live.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes true fans do travel and actually watch teams live.
are-you-mad-3.gif

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the sites is the Fiesta Bowl and that's west coast.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the running game. I think when Washington played USC. They abandoned the run as USC could put them in predictable passing downs and they didn't trust their offensive line to protect Browning on those plays.

Not to take anything away from USC, but no team in the country has a rush defense like Bama. So running the ball against Bama sounds like a great idea, but you have to have the OL to give your RB a shot. I like Washington's RB's and WR's, but I don't think their OL will hold up against Bama to give them room to utilize that talent.
Hopefully we will get a chance to see if your comment is correct. :suds:

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If meeeechegan's left outta the Playoff that just proves Saban's afraid of Harbaugh.

There's more truth in your post than most people are willing to admit.