• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama fans, question for you

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whoever these fans who want to miss out on the playoffs are, they need to turn in their purple and gold. If you don't want to see your team have the chance to compete at the highest level, fuck you, pussy.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whoever these fans who want to miss out on the playoffs are, they need to turn in their purple and gold. If you don't want to see your team have the chance to compete at the highest level, fuck you, pussy.

I agree, mostly on a UW message board and UW fans FB group. It's annoying.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no expert, but Mack Brown told me it was because they scored more points.
"Let's see, were down by 4 with a minute left, if it was my team, I'd try for a touchdown on this drive."
:doh::L:idea::wtf::burt:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Convince the committee to make the first round matchup The Sugar Bowl.

Bama has had issues in the Sugar Bowl in the recent past.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, mostly on a UW message board and UW fans FB group. It's annoying.
Facebook groups... they're the worst.

Apparently just wanting to be a part of games you're favored to win is a new thing going around. Like all those teams that forfeited because they were too scared to play Arch Bishop Murphy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is susceptable to the spread offense, like everyone else. Which is why they went to it themselves.

Danny Ocho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ole Miss game had to be the longest game I've ever watched.

Bama's defense's main problem is playing against quarterbacks that run the hurry-up offense and that can scramble. QBs like Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, DeShaun Watson are these examples. Chad Kelly burned Bama's secondary all throughout the game, it was frustrating to watch.

But thankfully, Bama's offense responded by scoring touchdown after touchdown, until they made the game close. I can tell that Ole Miss' defense got tired and their backups couldn't stop the offense from scoring in the end zone. Therefore, Bama beat Ole Miss 48-43.

I think our secondary wasn't completely settled until later that season. Our secondary right now has definitely gotten better, despite losing Eddie Jackson for the season and some inconsistencies by Anthony Averett. But as always, players like Averett can improve.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Husky fans would actually prefer to not go to the CFP, because they don't want to get boatraced by Alabama (I'm serious, that is the mindset of some of our fans).

If you had one concern about your team, what would it be, what is Alabama's Achilles heel?

I've watched a few of your games, you guys have amazing Defense/team speed. What happened in the Ole Miss game? was the Rebels able to exploit a small weakness? Alabama just played bad?
Gay pron. Stock the players room with DVDs before the game and they will be too tired from flapping to play the next day.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Husky fans would actually prefer to not go to the CFP, because they don't want to get boatraced by Alabama (I'm serious, that is the mindset of some of our fans).

If you had one concern about your team, what would it be, what is Alabama's Achilles heel?

I've watched a few of your games, you guys have amazing Defense/team speed. What happened in the Ole Miss game? was the Rebels able to exploit a small weakness? Alabama just played bad?
Some fans may be skeptical, but I can assure you Petersen isn't intimidated at all. He's played the giant killer his whole career and doesn't shy away from it whatsoever. The team takes on the persona of the coach. They will definitely be outtalented, but they ain't shying away. JMO.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, beat Colorado by 40 and Washington might move into the 3 seed if Clemson plays VT close. Then you have to worry about someone else who has a very fast and talented defense. Mostly freshman and sophomores I might add, and those boys like to take the ball and score with it.
Maybe not as talented in the starting lineup as last year but they have more depth and been playing better down the straight but yeah I can see Washington playing Clemson after both winning their conf titles.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is susceptable to the spread offense, like everyone else. Which is why they went to it themselves.
... to an extent anyway. What Bama is especially susceptible to is a decent QB with a OL that can provide three or more seconds of pocket protection, and decent receivers.

Bama's recent additions of speedy and deadly pass-rushers have made it more difficult for opposing offenses to achieve that magic formula, though not impossible.

Now, add in a really good running attack, and you force the Bama D to defend both, though few teams have been able to establish any kind of running game against the Tide.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama's secondary is not that great, than Browning will have them for lunch. Actually I would prefer the Huskies play Bama first to see how good both teams really are.

The problem for Browning would be finding the time to get off the throws. If USC was able to put pressure on Washington (3.5 sacks and 7 TFL) and only 17 yards rushing. I'm guessing it will be much, much worse against Bama.

IMO, that is what makes Bama so tough. Their secondary looks vulnerable on intermediate/deep throws, but you have to be able to give your QB and WRs time to run the route and make the throw. That is why you see a QB like Chad Kelly have success, he can extend plays to give them time.

I thought Washington would have a good shot against Bama because of their WR corp, but the USC game changed my thoughts. I think Clemson is honestly the only team with the offense to challenge Bama out of the teams left and they'd have to play a perfect game.

OSU doesn't have the WR's
Wisconsin's offense may not get a first down
PSU doesnt have the offense or defense to beat Bama
UM doesn't have the QB needed

IMO, after the last CFP ranking -- it is down to those 6 teams for the final 3 spots. UM, Wisconsin and OSU have the defense to slow down Bama's offense. Clemson has the offense to attack, but they are so inconsistent. Washington has the WR's, but the first quality defense they faced held them to 13 points at home, so no one knows what to expect. I know PSU fans will hate to hear my comments, but there is a reason Vegas has PSU as a 22 point underdog if they made it in.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol what? fans DON'T want at a national title?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for Browning would be finding the time to get off the throws. If USC was able to put pressure on Washington (3.5 sacks and 7 TFL) and only 17 yards rushing. I'm guessing it will be much, much worse against Bama.

IMO, that is what makes Bama so tough. Their secondary looks vulnerable on intermediate/deep throws, but you have to be able to give your QB and WRs time to run the route and make the throw. That is why you see a QB like Chad Kelly have success, he can extend plays to give them time.

I thought Washington would have a good shot against Bama because of their WR corp, but the USC game changed my thoughts. I think Clemson is honestly the only team with the offense to challenge Bama out of the teams left and they'd have to play a perfect game.

OSU doesn't have the WR's
Wisconsin's offense may not get a first down
PSU doesnt have the offense or defense to beat Bama
UM doesn't have the QB needed

IMO, after the last CFP ranking -- it is down to those 6 teams for the final 3 spots. UM, Wisconsin and OSU have the defense to slow down Bama's offense. Clemson has the offense to attack, but they are so inconsistent. Washington has the WR's, but the first quality defense they faced held them to 13 points at home, so no one knows what to expect. I know PSU fans will hate to hear my comments, but there is a reason Vegas has PSU as a 22 point underdog if they made it in.
Damn good comment and you're right, Washington has to protect Browning. I watched the USC/Washington game and noticed that the Huskies didn't try to run the ball all that much. It's just like any football game, if a team can establish the run early then it will open up the passing game. The key to the Huskies success going forward, will be their running game and they have a couple of good RB'S. Also Chris Petersen seems to have something up his sleeve for most every game.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think Watson and Mayfield are the two that might cause some issues for the Bama defense. But, of those two, only Clemson can cause issues on the other side of the ball.

Barrett might could as well...but damn his chunking hasn't seemed to be up to par lately.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good comment and you're right, Washington has to protect Browning. I watched the USC/Washington game and noticed the the Huskies didn't try to run the ball all that much. It's just like any football game, if a team can establish the run early then it will open up the passing gwme. The key to the Huskies success going forward will be their running game and they hsve a couple of good oneAlso Chris Petersen seems to have something up his sleeve for most every game.

Agreed on the running game. I think when Washington played USC. They abandoned the run as USC could put them in predictable passing downs and they didn't trust their offensive line to protect Browning on those plays.

Not to take anything away from USC, but no team in the country has a rush defense like Bama. So running the ball against Bama sounds like a great idea, but you have to have the OL to give your RB a shot. I like Washington's RB's and WR's, but I don't think their OL will hold up against Bama to give them room to utilize that talent.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think Watson and Mayfield are the two that might cause some issues for the Bama defense. But, of those two, only Clemson can cause issues on the other side of the ball.

Barrett might could as well...but damn his chunking hasn't seemed to be up to par lately.

I'd agree with Mayfield, but OU isn't getting in. The Big 12 was a disaster this year and killed any shot they had.

Agree with Clemson though. I think they are the only team who has a legitimate shot to beat Bama.

With OSU and Barrett -- OSU just doesn't have the WR's to do much damage. The only threat on the offensive side is Curtis Samuel and the legs of Barrett. Weber will grind out some carries, but Samuel is the only one who can really hurt you. I know OSU fans want to compare this team to 2014, but the skill position talent isn't close to what 2014 had.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the running game. I think when Washington played USC. They abandoned the run as USC could put them in predictable passing downs and they didn't trust their offensive line to protect Browning on those plays.

Not to take anything away from USC, but no team in the country has a rush defense like Bama. So running the ball against Bama sounds like a great idea, but you have to have the OL to give your RB a shot. I like Washington's RB's and WR's, but I don't think their OL will hold up against Bama to give them room to utilize that talent.
The staff acknowledged they abandoned the rushing game way too early. Obviously that doesn't mean they'd get it going if they didn't, or the outcome would change, but I think they at least had something to take away and think about to be able to plan a little better for teams they can't dominate up front to give Browning all day to pick apart their secondary.