• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama and tOSU lose on consecutive nights

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's un-ban Sox so we can rustle his jimmies tonight.

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, both Alabama and Ohio St have lost their last two games.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama was a shocker...ohio st. Could easily have won.

I was thinking more along the lines of clemson could have easily won by 30. They were walkin the dog all night, but kept tripping over their own feet. Honestly, that performance was not a resume builder for swinney.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising for tOSU. They played a pretty cupcake schedule this year, and when they came up against two top notch teams, they played well but still came up short.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how many penalty yards Clemson had.

Sammy Watkins had an excellent NFL audition.

Ohio State, their problem was turn overs.

DeadWoodyHayes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same dance, different year

O hi O St can't beat a time from the south and I still haven't come back from the grave:gaah:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to win when your QB is one hurtin buckaroo.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more along the lines of clemson could have easily won by 30. They were walkin the dog all night, but kept tripping over their own feet. Honestly, that performance was not a resume builder for swinney.

Yes, Clemson shot themselves in the foot several times and, IMO, was fortunate to come out with the win. Again, IMO, Urban Myer was predictable in his play calling. Clemson stacked the box with linebackers and used their DE's to box in Miller. They effectively took the run game from Miller and Hyde, both great runners; doesn't mean they didn't get their yards, just didn't get consistent effective yardage on the ground. Miller is a good passer, not great, but effective enough to hit open receivers. It took Meyer until late in the first half to see the middle was wide open because the backers were clogging the run lanes. Both Miller and Hyde took a beating and, IMO, the conservative play calling was the cause. By the end of the Game both, especially Miller, were unable to play at a top level. IMO, Ohio State has more talent than both Michigan State and Clemson and should not have lost either game. Not a knock on those two teams; just feel Ohio State has too much talent to finish that way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Clemson shot themselves in the foot several times and, IMO, was fortunate to come out with the win. Again, IMO, Urban Myer was predictable in his play calling. Clemson stacked the box with linebackers and used their DE's to box in Miller. They effectively took the run game from Miller and Hyde, both great runners; doesn't mean they didn't get their yards, just didn't get consistent effective yardage on the ground. Miller is a good passer, not great, but effective enough to hit open receivers. It took Meyer until late in the first half to see the middle was wide open because the backers were clogging the run lanes. Both Miller and Hyde took a beating and, IMO, the conservative play calling was the cause. By the end of the Game both, especially Miller, were unable to play at a top level. IMO, Ohio State has more talent than both Michigan State and Clemson and should not have lost either game. Not a knock on those two teams; just feel Ohio State has too much talent to finish that way.

That's where coaching comes into play. I really don't have a problem with the offense, some playcalling is questionable at times (but whose isn't). We need for playmakers and I think next year we will have those playmakers, also Fickell needs to go that zone they played was pitiful. I have not seen an OSU defense look that bad ever, it is awful and it starts with Fickell.

If Urban doesn't get rid of him I will be very disappointed.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The D is what pisses me off the most. Urban wasn't allowed to replace luke fickell who is probably even worse than heacock ever was. 4 & 5 star talent and our guys don't have a clue what they're doing. Not to knock on Clemson, but their offense isn't that hard to defend.. we just made them look REALLY good.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ohio State will have a great next year. Hopefully Miller stays, as IMO, he could use another year to work on passing. Probably could use another defensive coach, however, last night you were playing a team that has a great quarterback and he will always get his. Urban Meyer is a great coach, I feel he needs to trust his offense more and open the play book. He was the same way here at Florida. That said, I'd take him back in a second, given who we have now. At any rate, college is not the NFL where everyone is an X-All American. Have to get the skill players some space to operate and let them take advantage of players who will never play in the NFL. I see Ohio State playing in the NC playoffs next year along with Alabama, a team, that will be loaded again. You guys had a good run...good luck for next year.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ohio State will have a great next year. Hopefully Miller stays, as IMO, he could use another year to work on passing. Probably could use another defensive coach, however, last night you were playing a team that has a great quarterback and he will always get his. Urban Meyer is a great coach, I feel he needs to trust his offense more and open the play book. He was the same way here at Florida. That said, I'd take him back in a second, given who we have now. At any rate, college is not the NFL where everyone is an X-All American. Have to get the skill players some space to operate and let them take advantage of players who will never play in the NFL. I see Ohio State playing in the NC playoffs next year along with Alabama, a team, that will be loaded again. You guys had a good run...good luck for next year.

No way Miller should even try to go pro. He's slippery as hell, but he has a HARD time hitting anyone in stride. He needs to first show that he can have success against a good D, since both MSU and Celmson shut the pass down and made him look pretty shaky.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that this season, that little old team from Oklahoma beat BOTH of last year's National Championship teams.

BLEE DAT.