• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: AL West will be decided this weekend

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and hope the offense can get some runs off of Richards
Fielder and a couple others need to offer up something. Banister got bashed today and should but after evaluating
the game, so many different things led to this loss. Team effort. Sam josh beltre...... positive standouts

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching astros game and see no way d-backs can help us. really bad team

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and hope the offense can get some runs off of Richards

I am banking on Richards on 3 days is to our advantage. LAA needs help from the snake as well or they are left out methinks. We have come to far to quit or give up hope. But even if we lose the Rangers have a bright future. Honestly it is sweeter to celebrate on own turf. Have Faith Ranger fans. Go Rangers. We are not to be doomed from the past. Even today

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst thing a family member can do after a game like today is say the following: "It's just a game calm down."

Thankfully I did not hear that from anyone today. I am sure that was said all over Texas, and the people who said it will never understand.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Hamilton hitting HRs. Freese and Pujols on the opposing team. A misplayed ball in right field. A complete bullpen implosion. A devastating loss. I feel like we've seen this movie before...

In all seriousness, let me lay out the next 3 days for everybody:

Sunday. Rangers get hammered by the Angels. Don't have to worry about using Tolleson or Dyson again. There will be no need for them in this one.

Monday. Gallardo gets the start against the Astros. Need I say more. This will be the most painful day of all watching the Astros celebrate a division title in our home. This one will really sting.

Tuesday. NYY put a whipping on an emotionally and physically exhausted team that has lost all its confidence. This day won't hurt so much because we will have all conceded the inevitable by then.

I have tried to stay positive along the way. But the Rangers are toast. Banister lost this division with his bullpen mismanagement this entire last week. And now, we literally have no bullpen left.

This team wasn't going to win a WS this year. We all know that. But this end of season meltdown stuff has become a chronic disease in this organization.

I won't be watching Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. Too many broken hearts for me. Today was the worse sports feeling I've had since, well, October 2011.

You are all about to witness yet another historic collapse by the Texas Rangers. For your own good, turn off the TV, do something else, go outside, appreciate the things that really matter in life.

In a couple weeks we'll be able to see the silver linings in this season. And there have been some good ones. But these next 3 days are going to hurt something awful. No team recovers from that kind of loss. I'm sorry folks, but really, no team ever has.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Hamilton hitting HRs. Freese and Pujols on the opposing team. A misplayed ball in right field. A complete bullpen implosion. A devastating loss. I feel like we've seen this movie before...

Sunday. Rangers get hammered by the Angels. Don't have to worry about using Tolleson or Dyson again. There will be no need for them in this one.

Monday. Gallardo gets the start against the Astros. Need I say more. This will be the most painful day of all watching the Astros celebrate a division title in our home. This one will really sting.

Tuesday. NYY put a whipping on an emotionally and physically exhausted team that has lost all its confidence. This day won't hurt so much because we will have all conceded the inevitable by then.

I have tried to stay positive along the way. But the Rangers are toast. Banister lost this division with his bullpen mismanagement this entire last week. And now, we literally have no bullpen left.

This team wasn't going to win a WS this year. We all know that. But this end of season meltdown stuff has become a chronic disease in this organization.

I won't be watching Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. Too many broken hearts for me. Today was the worse sports feeling I've had since, well, October 2011.

You are all about to witness yet another historic collapse by the Texas Rangers. For your own good, turn off the TV, do something else, go outside, appreciate the things that really matter in life.

In a couple weeks we'll be able to see the silver linings in this season. And there have been some good ones. But these next 3 days are going to hurt something awful. No team recovers from that kind of loss. I'm sorry folks, but really, no team ever has.
Well I am gonna go hang myself...it's been nice fellas.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banister has used pitchers such as Kela in games that there was no reason to use them all year long. You could see this perfect storm coming the way the BP has been used by Banister on this home stand. I still cannot believe he brought Tolleson in. I am not sure I have ever seen a manager bring their closer back in for a 5th straight game. I honestly believe if he brings in Ohlendorf or Faulkner or both we win the game. Hamels and the offense are going to really have to be on it today because we have no BP left. We really need to wrap this up today as we are not set up well for an AL West playoff and then a 1 game WC playoff. I just hope this team can pick themselves up off the floor today and win it. And while I am at it this was a playoff type game and I am not too happy with how Colby pitched either. We really needed him to go deep in this game.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see where you are coming from. Our biggest difference to the game today and game 7 in 2011 is who we have pitching. Hamels has to be able to carry this team on his shoulders today. I really do not want us to win the AL West by having Houston lose. I want us to do it by winning.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And do we not have any voice of reason in the dugout? Are there any checks and balances when a decision is being made by Banister? I can't believe that all the coaches would have been on board for this.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 35 plus years of watching baseball, I have never seen a closer used 5 straight nights. Maybe it has happened, but not to my knowledge.

What Banister did was foolish. And it has likely cost the Rangers the division. Bullpen management, IMO, is the most important thing a ML manager must be good at. He is a rookie manager. And it really showed this week.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Ranger fan is not for the feint of heart. As is for Angel fans. The Astros put a nail in their heart with a miraculous 9th inning comeback. But they were able to regroup but ha e bad some silly losses. Now is the time for the Rangers to regroup Sunday. A day of Ranger resurrection. Find some faith here. Doom and gloom does not wear well on this site. We are better than this

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duane......What's with the palm on my previous post?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duane......What's with the palm on my previous post?
For some reason your post was late appearing to mine and I used ????. Kinda unusual delay. I think his post was a "what the hey" type thing. Not a negative. He is not that way.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching astros game and see no way d-backs can help us. really bad team

Agreed......And do you how any idea of why ML baseball has seen fit to have inter-league games to end a season?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason your post was late appearing to mine and I used ????. Kinda unusual delay. I think his post was a "what the hey" type thing. Not a negative. He is not that way.

Face palm, at least to me, is pretty negative reaction, and quite dismissive for something so insignificant.

I understood exactly where you were coming from and thought it was a little "slight" humor.

But I'll go with ya...never had a dust up with Mr Duane. None I remember anyway.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed......And do you how any idea of why ML baseball has seen fit to have inter-league games to end a season?
No but at least it should have been with Cards or Dodgers lol

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but at least it should have been with Cards or Dodgers lol

I just don't understand why the last month of the season is played strictly against your own league and would really prefer the last 8-10 games be within the division if possible.

But hey, I don't blame the Stros....all they can do is play who's on the schedule.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In spite of your extreme negativism, you might think about this: We lost our entire rotation, starting catcher, had no starting left fielder because he replaced Martin in center field, Choo suffered a terrible first half. Beltre damaged a finger, Josh had knee surgery, no Dyson early on and it goes on and on so you really expected much more. Well you can take your happy ass on down the road because we don't need the biggest downer in town. Lot of us are disappointed but realize we should never have gotten this far in the first place and will deal it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping it off I guess I feel a little better. As die hard Rangers fan my whole life I know that playing meaningful baseball in September and October has been a luxury so I'm at least glad that we're in this position to begin with. I think we can recover from this as long as Hamels is on his plus game which something tells me he will be. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I fucking love this team no matter how many times they've stuck a knife right through my heart.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping it off I guess I feel a little better. As die hard Rangers fan my whole life I know that playing meaningful baseball in September and October has been a luxury so I'm at least glad that we're in this position to began with. I think we can recover from this as long as Hamels is on his plus game which something tells me he will be. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I fucking love this team no matter how many times they've stuck a knife right through my heart.
You know what a pleasure it's been to see the likes of Delino and Odor grow up right in front of us. The wins we got from Martinez and Chi Chi. All these and others has been another kind of winning season. Glad we got to see all these things so if we win today it's a huge bonus to an unbelievable year. The baseball record books will not see this kind of thing for a long time.