• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: AL West will be decided this weekend

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked this many time before and gotten damn near nothing back. Question: Where does Mike Maddux figure into this pitching/BP meltdowns?

According to some, the managers - all two of em are totally to blame - but yet, the one constant we have from a pitching perspective is Maddux during both of these guys tenure.
I really don't know. Has appeared that Maddux has always been considered hands off. This series is all on Banister if he made all the decisions on who would start and close. And in Olendorf's case, not sure Maddux can ever help him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know. Has appeared that Maddux has always been considered hands off. This series is all on Banister if he made all the decisions on who would start and close. And in Olendorf's case, not sure Maddux can ever help him.

If being that big operative word.....And I have no idea at all, honestly......And I'm not trying to put Maddux in a negative light. But.............

Just for a fact, he's been the much ballyhooed pitching coach, during all the "crash and burns" yet no one says or asks the tough questions about his role is all I'm saying, or actually "asking."

Last edited:

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not be surprised if we don't win another game this year. Losses like this one at this time of the year stick with you. I was looking forward to some discussion about how to construct our roster for the ALDS. Now I don't think it matters. I know I am being extremely negative, but I don't think I can help it at this point.

One thing I want them to work at more than anything else in ST of 2016 is how to slide into a bag without oversliding. It happens to this club way too often. I was afraid of that possibility before Elvis took off for 2nd.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If being that big operative word.....And I have no idea at all, honestly......And I'm not trying to put Maddux in a negative light. But.............

Just for a fact, he's been the much ballyhooed pitching coach, during all the "crash and burns" yet no one says or asks the tough questions about his role is all I'm saying, or actually "asking."
Hear you loud and clear. His reputation as a player may have something to do with it and sometimes we look beyond his responsibilities as a coach. Exp: Tanner Scheppers may never learn from any pitching coach. IDK

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1761 consecutive wins by the home team in MLB when leading by 4 runs or more in the 9th inning at home.

Until today.

Only the Texas Rangers.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros up 1-0 in1st

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros are not offering much hope

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Banister said he'll evaluate using Tollesen tomorrow yet said did not consider using Dyson for the ninth because of workload.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banister said he'll evaluate using Tollesen tomorrow yet said did not consider using Dyson for the ninth because of workload.
Not using Sam as closer probably led to us losing

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels is going to have to pitch a complete game and the offense will have to muster a couple runs somehow, I don't see who will be available in the BP. Maybe Dyson could close the game out if he had to?

spicesadie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi DT and guys, don't know if any are still posting. I had to calm down to even read what you guys had said. I agree that Banister has lost all his marbles in putting Tolleson out there again on so many consecutive nights. He's young, tired and probably lost some confidence after letting last night slip away. I know you only have so many players in the pen, but pitching management was horrible last couple of games. I know they were worried about Kela, I think he said he could go out again in the 8th, Dyson was probably worn out too. In light of bull pen load, they should have used Diekman more; they also should have brought in Faulkner instead of Ohlendorf to relieve Shawn. I blame a good portion of this on starting pitching as well. I know Colby is a favorite and I have always liked him, however last several starts have been awful. Colby can't hold it together through 3 or 4 innings without it starting to fall apart on him. The communication between outfielders and now infielders is ridiculous. If Odor and Nap hadn't tried to be a hero and played smart ball, someone would have caught that ball in the 9th and we wouldn't be talking about all of this. I am still so steamed as you guys are, don't even think I will watch tomorrow. I saw the score at Arizona, they are going to let Houston roll over them, no chance Houston doesn't sweep them.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been about 5 hours or so since the game ended and it doesn't feel any better...if anything it feels worse. I'm at a point where I just don't know what to say other than tomorrow we'll find out what this team is really made of and how legit that never ever quit bullshit is.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels is going to have to pitch a complete game and the offense will have to muster a couple runs somehow, I don't see who will be available in the BP. Maybe Dyson could close the game out if he had to?
WE are in a jam. Hamels has to do more than Colby did today. But keep in mind Angel.s BP is also ragged out so if it comes down to starting pitching we have a good chance

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D backs just scored, now 3-1 stros. Two on for DB's

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE are in a jam. Hamels has to do more than Colby did today. But keep in mind Angel.s BP is also ragged out so if it comes down to starting pitching we have a good chance

Hamels needs to become what Cliff Lee was for us in 2010. I'm not sure if that is possible because Lee was a freaking godsend for us but that is what Hamels will need to be tomorrow if we have a realistic chance.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels needs to become what Cliff Lee was for us in 2010. I'm not sure if that is possible because Lee was a freaking godsend for us but that is what Hamels will need to be tomorrow if we have a realistic chance.
Every game is a new one and that's all we can hang our hat on now

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game is a new one and that's all we can hang our hat on now

and hope the offense can get some runs off of Richards