• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: AL West will be decided this weekend

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why wasn't Derek Holland up in the bullpen? You telling me Ross Ohlendorf is a better option than Holland at that point. Its his bullpen day anyway. Gosh what a complete clusterfuck of a game and now a season.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why wasn't Derek Holland up in the bullpen? You telling me Ross Ohlendorf is a better option than Holland at that point. Its his bullpen day anyway. Gosh what a complete clusterfuck of a game and now a season.

I hate Ohlendorf. Ive never felt comfortable with him coming into the game. I would've rather Faulkner come in than him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got free tickets for tomorrow's game. I didn't want to see Hamels on the mound or any of the regulars.....SOB

I will be there too and I just wish the tickets were free. I paid a fuckload of money for the jerseys that were on the backs of the players today. Boy those will be memorable, Ill surely never forget the game they were worn in. :trash:

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Angels season ends tomorrow. That truly is the only positive thing about today's implosion. They are going to beat the shit out of Texas tomorrow and have nothing to show for it. Just going fishing. Seriously that is the only joy I have left to look forward to this season. Cause I guarantee the Astros are sweeping the Dbacks.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course easy to second guess and I have been known to do this but time to shake this off. We have Hamels tomorrow and Richards on 3 days rest. But may not even need if DBacks do us a favor.

Main thing is to get over feeling of being snakebit. I for one am sick of it and would love to clobber Halos and Freese. A lot of seeing eye hits. We need to find a way to cash in

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be there too and I just wish the tickets were free. I paid a fuckload of money for the jerseys that were on the backs of the players today. Boy those will be memorable, Ill surely never forget the game they were worn in. :trash:

Thanks.....I got a good laugh outta this one. And Lord knows, I needed one this afternoon.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course easy to second guess and I have been known to do this but time to shake this off. We have Hamels tomorrow and Richards on 3 days rest. But may not even need if DBacks do us a favor.

Main thing is to get over feeling of being snakebit. I for one am sick of it and would love to clobber Halos and Freese. A lot of seeing eye hits. We need to find a way to cash in

You don't "shake off" a loss like this.
This team is cooked. No bullpen. No confidence. Nothing. And a manager with a single digit baseball IQ.

We are about to witness 5 straight defeats to end the season. We will lose tomorrow. Astros will kick our ass on Monday. I mean, Y. Gallardo is pitching. Please. And then a demoralized beaten down shell of a team will go to NY and be flat out smoked by the Yankees to complete yet another massive chokejob by the mental midgets we all know and love, the Texas Rangers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Ohlendorf. Ive never felt comfortable with him coming into the game. I would've rather Faulkner come in than him

I didn't have any great problem with bringing him in. But I thought the whole purpose behind having an expanded roster was to take advantage of the expanded roster. That make any sense?

My point, why wouldn't you have someone warming up - tossing if nothing else - and be able to come in on short notice rather than let Ohlendorf give up 5 hits and throw 27 pitches?

This whole under/over utilization of the BP is beyond puzzling.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have any great problem with bringing him in. But I thought the whole purpose behind having an expanded roster was to take advantage of the expanded roster. That make any sense?

My point, why wouldn't you have someone warming up - tossing if nothing else - and be able to come in on short notice rather than let Ohlendorf give up 5 hits and throw 27 pitches?

This whole under/over utilization of the BP is beyond puzzling.
Too many to blame. How about Prince? Nap? Elvis at 2nd? Roogie? Tolley? Olendorf? Freeman? On and on she goes.
Too sick to think about it. Credit Josh, Beltre and Sam

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell was that disaster? i would have told Ohlendorf to clean out his locker and not come back

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell was that disaster? i would have told Ohlendorf to clean out his locker and not come back
Yes he was bad but closing is not his job. More than he that let down including the manager.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross Ohlendorf should be nowhere near any MLB roster. But of course our braindead manager turns to him with the season on the line.

I'm telling you. This franchise is fucking cursed.

Nelson Cruz not catching that ball will haunt this team for years to come. They have been mental midgets ever since that moment whenever the stakes are high. From Feliz blowing the save to today's epic choke job this team has never won when it really mattered.

Cursed because Nelson Cruz misjudged a flyball. Just plain sucks.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross Ohlendorf should be nowhere near any MLB roster. But of course our braindead manager turns to him with the season on the line.

I'm telling you. This franchise is fucking cursed.

Nelson Cruz not catching that ball will haunt this team for years to come. They have been mental midgets ever since that moment whenever the stakes are high. From Feliz blowing the save to today's epic choke job this team has never won when it really mattered.

Cursed because Nelson Cruz misjudged a flyball. Just plain sucks.
What in hell are you talking about? You sound like a man with one foot nailed to the floor.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes I am venting and spewing my hatred today because I've never in my sports fandom life been through something like this. 4 run lead. At home. 9th inning. Do you know how fucking improbable and close to impossible it is to blow a game like that? Only the hapless pussies know as the Texas Ranger franchise could pull off such a choke job. I mean seriously, we are talking a 99.4% probability of winning at that point. And Jeff Banister can't even explain his reasoning?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes I am venting and spewing my hatred today because I've never in my sports fandom life been through something like this. 4 run lead. At home. 9th inning. Do you know how fucking improbable and close to impossible it is to blow a game like that? Only the hapless pussies know as the Texas Ranger franchise could pull off such a choke job. I mean seriously, we are talking a 99.4% probability of winning at that point. And Jeff Banister can't even explain his reasoning?
You have the Jeff Banister part right.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 choked away a WS championship
2012 5 game lead with 9 to go. blew it.
2013 2 game lead in early Sept before losing 10 of 12 in mid-Sept to blow it.
2014 Stunk all the way through.
2015 About to blow a division championship. 3 game lead with 3 to play. Horrific managerial decisions.

see a pattern here.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked this many time before and gotten damn near nothing back. Question: Where does Mike Maddux figure into this pitching/BP meltdowns?

According to some, the managers - all two of em are totally to blame - but yet, the one constant we have from a pitching perspective is Maddux during both of these guys tenure.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 choked away a WS championship
2012 5 game lead with 9 to go. blew it.
2013 2 game lead in early Sept before losing 10 of 12 in mid-Sept to blow it.
2014 Stunk all the way through.
2015 About to blow a division championship. 3 game lead with 3 to play. Horrific managerial decisions.

see a pattern here.
No I do not. Different year,players and different coaches. Only one team ever wins the whole enchilada and the rest lose like we have. Do understand the frustration.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.....I got a good laugh outta this one. And Lord knows, I needed one this afternoon.

If there was any way I could burn them on the field and not get in major trouble I would seriously take a stab at it. Oh I jest, mostly?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I do not. Different year,players and different coaches. Only one team ever wins the whole enchilada and the rest lose like we have. Do understand the frustration.
No team in baseball, certainly over the past 5 seasons, "loses" like we have. No one.