• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3 games into ST, and Stanton hasn't even gotten an AB yet.

Seems a bit strange to me.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox wore their hitting shoes today. Never heard of most of them, but they're hitting.

I do think a monster season is incoming for Devers if he gets some protection in the line-up.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox wore their hitting shoes today. Never heard of most of them, but they're hitting.

I do think a monster season is incoming for Devers if he gets some protection in the line-up.
Duran is their top OF prospect. They like him a lot and expect him to be up at some point this season. Munoz was decent in a limited look last year. Not sure he’s supposed to even make the team. Lots of fringe guys on that roster.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duran is their top OF prospect. They like him a lot and expect him to be up at some point this season. Munoz was decent in a limited look last year. Not sure he’s supposed to even make the team. Lots of fringe guys on that roster.

I'd actually rank Gilberto Jimenez ahead of him. I like Duran but I'm not sure he'll have enough power to be more than a 4th OF (albeit a good one). Hopefully the swing chance works. But yeah Duran is a lot closer to the majors.

Munoz has a tough road ahead of him, especially since they've brought in the likes of Marwin Gonzalez/Kike Hernandez/Franchy Cordero. There's a lot of utility guys.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually rank Gilberto Jimenez ahead of him. I like Duran but I'm not sure he'll have enough power to be more than a 4th OF (albeit a good one). Hopefully the swing chance works. But yeah Duran is a lot closer to the majors.

Munoz has a tough road ahead of him, especially since they've brought in the likes of Marwin Gonzalez/Kike Hernandez/Franchy Cordero. There's a lot of utility guys.
You might be right on Jiminez, but he’s very raw at this point. Duran is more of a finished product. He probably would have gotten a look last year under normal circumstances. I’ve always heard the comparisons to Ellsbury with Duran(excellent speed and defense, limited power, will hit for average). If that plays out, we will take it!

Munoz would definitely seem unlikely to make the team out of Spring Training. But he’s a pretty serviceable player if they need him along the way. He looked pretty good when I saw him last year. That wasn’t much of a sample, though.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching a game yesterday and they said MLB plans to make the balls a little “wetter” and “heavier” this season to keep home runs down a bit? I hadn’t heard this, but it’s a pretty big story if they go through with it.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner I get, because he signed a few days ago.

I think they're hiding something on Stanton.
If something were wrong, they probably wouldn’t play him at all? Especially during the first week of March. But Stanton certainly has earned the suspicion. Let’s see how soon he plays the field.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If something were wrong, they probably wouldn’t play him at all? Especially during the first week of March. But Stanton certainly has earned the suspicion. Let’s see how soon he plays the field.

Exactly. If he were fit as a fiddle, he would have at least one AB by now.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching a game yesterday and they said MLB plans to make the balls a little “wetter” and “heavier” this season to keep home runs down a bit? I hadn’t heard this, but it’s a pretty big story if they go through with it.

They've definitely deadened the ball. I'm pretty sure Manfred said they were gonna do that-he didn't go into what techniques they were using.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've definitely deadened the ball. I'm pretty sure Manfred said they were gonna do that-he didn't go into what techniques they were using.

Players have already mentioned that the ball isn’t jumping off the bat......It’s been a Titleist the past few years.....Gardy hit like 28 homers two years ago....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players have already mentioned that the ball isn’t jumping off the bat......It’s been a Titleist the past few years.....Gardy hit like 28 homers two years ago....

Sanchez' blast would've landed in Orlando with the old ball.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner I get, because he signed a few days ago.

I think they're hiding something on Stanton.

Something has to be up with Stanton, how is he not ready to go being off 4 months and was actually healthy during the playoffs? Unreal.....did he get hurt sleeping?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez' blast would've landed in Orlando with the old ball.
Apparently(and this is only what I heard on the telecast) they aren’t using the “new” balls in Spring Training and they will debut for the regular season.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nynasty What’s the word on Garrett Whitlock? The Sox got him from the Yankees as a rule 5 guy. Those seldom pan out, but they seem to really like him. Good chance he sticks.