• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge looked like Kelly Leak cutting off Soto on that fly ball…..much better arm

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the good ole days when the pen used to be our strength?
Yes. But it hasn’t really been that way since Mariano retired. In fact, I remember when Mariano was setting up Wetteland and the game was basically over after 6 innings. That was as good as it gets.

Aroldis Chapman was mostly really good, but he blew a lot of high profile saves along the way. But this version of the Yankees bullpen is probably as bad as it has been in a long time(not sure if the numbers back me up on that). Holmes seems like a 50/50 shot to complete a save when he comes in.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. But it hasn’t really been that way since Mariano retired. In fact, I remember when Mariano was setting up Wetteland and the game was basically over after 6 innings. That was as good as it gets.

Aroldis Chapman was mostly really good, but he blew a lot of high profile saves along the way. But this version of the Yankees bullpen is probably as bad as it has been in a long time(not sure if the numbers back me up on that). Holmes seems like a 50/50 shot to complete a save when he comes in.

You have selective memory.

They had damn good bullpens just a few years ago where if a game got to the 6th and they were leading, it felt like a W

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have selective memory.

They had damn good bullpens just a few years ago where if a game got to the 6th and they were leading, it felt like a W
I definitely might be remembering it wrong. I’m not sure what the stats look like, either. I remember some really good bullpens with the likes of Betances and David Robertson and Andrew Miller along the way, for sure. And Chapman was mostly really good…but he tended to turn into a pumpkin in the postseason. I think this version might be the worst bullpen they’ve fielded that I can recall.

I definitely don’t remember any “game over after 6 innings” versions since the Rivera/Wetteland days, though. That was ridiculous.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes been wearing the shirt prior to that. But bad timing lol

F*ck Em is a brand he created to help himself through his mental struggles.. Many players on the team wear them.

Also, Dan Shaughnessy is the king of all douche bags. He tries and fails to stir controversy. If you accidentally open anything he pens, close/delete it immediately.

1723636892699.png

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to apologize for blowing Cutter Crawford's perfect game.... I was watching on my phone thru the 5th, then decided it was something I needed to see on the TV. As soon as I switched, he gave up the three hits...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youngest Sox prospect in AAA in 46 years is pretty damn impressive…

(The answer is Glenn Hoffman if anyone is wondering)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
[/QUOTE]
F*ck Em is a brand he created to help himself through his mental struggles.. Many players on the team wear them.

Also, Dan Shaughnessy is the king of all douche bags. He tries and fails to stir controversy. If you accidentally open anything he pens, close/delete it immediately.

View attachment 370703
Yeah, Shaughnessy is a long time troll. Every now and then he puts some effort in and writes something brilliant, but it's mostly just click bait.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youngest Sox prospect in AAA in 46 years is pretty damn impressive…

(The answer is Glenn Hoffman if anyone is wondering)

The kid rakes. As does Mayer & Teel. (but, I hate calling them "The Big Three")... (Also, FYI: at 20, Devers went from AA to AAA to Boston....)

I'm glad he gave a shout out to Kristian Campbell, who is in his second pro year:

“We call him Barry Bonds just because of how good of a hitter he is,” Anthony said about Kristian Campbell, the other prospect making a very strong case to join them... Campbell is batting .372 with a .476 on-base percentage, .580 slugging percentage, 1.056 OPS, seven homers, 16 doubles, one triple, 32 RBIs, 43 runs, 32 walks and 33 strikeouts in 50 games (227 plate appearances) since his promotion from High-A Greenville to Portland."

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid rakes. As does Mayer & Teel. (but, I hate calling them "The Big Three")... (Also, FYI: at 20, Devers went from AA to AAA to Boston....)

I'm glad he gave a shout out to Kristian Campbell, who is in his second pro year:

“We call him Barry Bonds just because of how good of a hitter he is,” Anthony said about Kristian Campbell, the other prospect making a very strong case to join them... Campbell is batting .372 with a .476 on-base percentage, .580 slugging percentage, 1.056 OPS, seven homers, 16 doubles, one triple, 32 RBIs, 43 runs, 32 walks and 33 strikeouts in 50 games (227 plate appearances) since his promotion from High-A Greenville to Portland."

I don't think it would make much sense for Campbell to spend much time in AAA. He's dominated AA and there's just not that much of an adjustment for hitters going from AA to AAA. I think he'll be in the majors pretty soon. Maybe not this year, but I could see earlier 2025.