• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a laughable, laughable statement. Just…… wacky.

Whatever you say pal.

Rent free.
Soto is 25 and Gunnar is 23

As I said before not a gm in baseball if they had to choose between the 2 goes with Gunnar. Not even a knock on him but Soto is one of them where if you have a chance at him then you grab him

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soto is 25 and Gunnar is 23

As I said before not a gm in baseball if they had to choose between the 2 goes with Gunnar. Not even a knock on him but Soto is one of them where if you have a chance at him then you grab him
I have to agree, Soto would go ahead of Gunnar every time I think - not a knock on Gunnar, he’s a really good player, but Soto is one of the biggest stars in MLB. If anything Soto’s greatness kind of gets overshadowed by Judge since they are on the same team.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was your user name?
Same as here, ThomasTomasz. That’s been my name on every forum. I’ve owned a couple, including a larger sports-gaming one about 7-8 years ago, and I ran SportsHoopla for a few years until it was clear the company that owned it wasn’t going to do any more with it.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two websites suggest otherwise.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn’t a gm in baseball that takes Gunnar over Soto

idk about that. Idk if Gunnar will ever be a better hitter than Soto at his peak, but we're comparing a DH/OF to a SS. A 168 wRC+ from a shortstop is historic, it's the kind of figure you'd expect from peak A-Rod

that's not to say Soto isn't a special player... he is. He might have the best eye in my lifetime aside from Barry. Gunnar's just also a special player

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk about that. Idk if Gunnar will ever be a better hitter than Soto at his peak, but we're comparing a DH/OF to a SS. A 168 wRC+ from a shortstop is historic, it's the kind of figure you'd expect from peak A-Rod

that's not to say Soto isn't a special player... he is. He might have the best eye in my lifetime aside from Barry. Gunnar's just also a special player

The discussion started as who is the better offensive player/threat if I recall correctly, and I’d definitely say Soto. His hit tool and control of the strike zone is hard to replicate. But as you said, that 168 wRC+ from a SS puts him clearly in A-Rod territory pre-NYY.

Henderson is a better defender, hence, higher fWAR, but it’s also very close, not even .5 fWAR apart. Soto is not a bad defender in his own right either, but Henderson is pretty close to top defense at SS.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion started as who is the better offensive player/threat if I recall correctly, and I’d definitely say Soto. His hit tool and control of the strike zone is hard to replicate. But as you said, that 168 wRC+ from a SS puts him clearly in A-Rod territory pre-NYY.

Henderson is a better defender, hence, higher fWAR, but it’s also very close, not even .5 fWAR apart. Soto is not a bad defender in his own right either, but Henderson is pretty close to top defense at SS.
I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't even Soto's ceiling. I think he ends up in the top 20 of OPS+ all-time pretty easily by the time he retires.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't even Soto's ceiling. I think he ends up in the top 20 of OPS+ all-time pretty easily by the time he retires.

If only he walked more…..

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton is avalable for anyone seeking starter
meh. his peripherals are scary

strikeout rate has cratered, walk rate is high, and his velocity is way down from last year. someone else can have him