• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox at 4.5 out is a shocker…..I’ve seen everything
Agreed 100%. After 2 consecutive last place finishes my expectations for this season were approximately zero. They didn’t commit much to payroll and seemed resigned to mediocrity while waiting for the next wave of prospects to arrive. I hadn’t counted on the likes of Houck and Duran taking such giant leaps forward. Hamilton and Abreu look like nice pieces, as well.

The overall pitching and bullpen have been good. They need more pitching and a good RH bat and they could make some noise in the 2nd half. Casas should be back on a few weeks and he’s one of their best players when he’s healthy. I’m not sure what to think at this point. They could get hot or go right in the tank and neither outcome would surprise me.

Last edited:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while we're talking prospects, Kristian Campbell's still hitting .407/.507/.627 in AA. The breakout reminds me of Mookie's breakout in the minors
That’s a strange case. He got promoted and got instantly better. Yorke kind of did the same in AAA but he’s not nearly as highly regarded anymore. They have a lot of interesting prospects to dangle in trades if they want. It’s going to be crowded in the upper levels soon.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This made me sad.... Cora will be elsewhere next year.

Does anyone think Varitek is ready to manage?
Cora may, or may not, be elsewhere. He’s said he wants to move upstairs and not manage, and the Sox might give him that opportunity. Or they could give him a raise and keep him as manager.

I think Varitek would be just fine in that role, though, if he’s next in line.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnes starting over Skubal is hilariously negligent

Bartolo Cy young over Santana type of bad...just a smaller scale