• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Thread '19 Edition

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Kyle Gibson, Alex White, Jared Mitchell, Jacob Turner and Aaron Crow have in common?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I thought the Twinkies won lolzzz

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I thought the Twinkies won lolzzz

Managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Sergio clearly is being overworked, mainly because everyone else sucks.

But Polanco's D has been embarrassing. That's 3 errors in 2 days. These aren't tough errors either. These are terrible mental mistakes or just being lazy. This guy has went from an average defender with a great bat (he seriously was an MVP candidate in the first half), to a bad defender with a decent bat.

I get that it's the dog days, but it doesn't seem to be affecting you guys nearly as much as it's affecting us.

Congratulations to Puig on becoming a US Citizen. But why did his fighting suspension get cut from 8, all the way down to 3?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Red Sox giving up one run should count as a shutout

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Sergio clearly is being overworked, mainly because everyone else sucks.

But Polanco's D has been embarrassing. That's 3 errors in 2 days. These aren't tough errors either. These are terrible mental mistakes or just being lazy. This guy has went from an average defender with a great bat (he seriously was an MVP candidate in the first half), to a bad defender with a decent bat.

I get that it's the dog days, but it doesn't seem to be affecting you guys nearly as much as it's affecting us.

Congratulations to Puig on becoming a US Citizen. But why did his fighting suspension get cut from 8, all the way down to 3?

No clue, I thought it was at 3 the entire time

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really arguing? hahaha even he said it was stupid and a "rookie mistake". That is like the golden rule, don't get thrown out a third with less than 2 outs.
It was a mistake bc you have 1 out and already in scoring position. You are the game-winning run. Unless you get an amazing jump and you are positive you take 3rd...you don't do that. I don't care what the odds are to score. A base hit and he score...plain and simple. That was not needed. All momentum was for CLE and then he gets thrown out at 3rd. Lindor was clutch all night...but that was a terrible decision.
YOU may not care about % but baseball is all about % these days.

What did you think he'd say as a leader. This isn't Lebron. Lindor is someone who will take responsibility. Should he have said what he was probably thinking? "Mercado is in a huge slump and I had no confidence he'd get me home. when he didn't, they walk Santana and it's then up to Freeman."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU may not care about % but baseball is all about % these days.

What did you think he'd say as a leader. This isn't Lebron. Lindor is someone who will take responsibility. Should he have said what he was probably thinking? "Mercado is in a huge slump and I had no confidence he'd get me home. when he didn't, they walk Santana and it's then up to Freeman."

IF it's all about percentage. You better be 100% you are getting into 3rd safe.

It's the wrong play at that point and time in the game. There is no denying that. Even if he is safe, it is the wrong play. He isn't just taking responsibility for his actions, he is right. It was a rookie mistake and the wrong baseball play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF it's all about percentage. You better be 100% you are getting into 3rd safe.

It's the wrong play at that point and time in the game. There is no denying that. Even if he is safe, it is the wrong play. He isn't just taking responsibility for his actions, he is right. It was a rookie mistake and the wrong baseball play.
Seems a little extreme.....are you really saying if it's a 99% chance to make it then don't go? If so, you are not being rational.

Based on the numbers your chance to score from 3rd as opposed to 2nd is nearly twice as strong (this is fact). This means if you have better than a 50% chance to make it, the numbers say go. Couple that with a guy at the plate who's done next to nothing for a few weeks and the batter after him likely being Freeman (after they walk Carlos) the risk was excusable.

As I said, do you really think Lindor would throw Mercado under the bus....or Freeman?

I'm not saying he had to go, but it's not as terrible as many make it out....and no chance there is this type of angst if he made it and they won. Zero chance.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Indians played in this ballpark lolz

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The twins are even embarrassing in probable wins

If the Rangers weren’t the worst base running team of all time we’d be close to blowing a 11-0 lead right now