• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice....ignore Shano. He's 12 or 13 years old. Doesn't know much about baseball. He thinks he wins arguments...even though he is getting his ass handed to him. He just doesn't have the knowledge to understand his "position". In summary....not worth the trouble. (dougie = Shano)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true iffy.. Very true... Some times my good deed of sharing knowledge just goes by the wayside.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miguel Cabrera is 30, he's 6'4 about 260 pounds, guys with that body type don't
last deep into their 30's ...

Prince Fielder is 29 and is listed at 5'11 275 pounds, read above about players with this body type not lasting long into their 30's. He is signed through 2020 which is not good.

Both guys play 160-162 games a year. Fielder has the longest active consecutive games played streak in the majors right now. Can't predict the future for any player, regardless of body type, but until either one of these guys misses a stretch of several games, they seem quite durable to me.

...no matter how much you all love Detroit it's not a city guys who aren't from
there or have some ties there wanna spend lots of time in.

So, the fact that Torii Hunter said this offseason that his FIRST choice of teams to go to was the Detroit Tigers means players don't want to come here?
And actually, MANY athletes who've relocated here over the years have said they were pleasantly surprised how nice the Detroit area is (outside the city limits), and they stay even after their sports careers are over.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Ortiz is your comparison? A guy who DHs, and gets hurt doing that?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always goes back to racism and Hispanics with you doesn't it?

How'd I know you were gonna punch the race card? :laugh3: Nothing racist about it. Cuba is communist. So's a lot of other places. Just calling it what it is

And just because I commented about a particular demographic of Cleveland thats rampant with thugs, crackheads & welfare cheats dont mean I damn a whole race...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'3'' 230 is close to 5'11'' 275? Bro.. do you have any idea how many large men play long into their careers.. Look up David Ortiz size... God you people.. its an opinion.. you don't think Fielder can play long.. awesome.. you have nothing to base it on other than your opinion.. which sadly is biased.

Actually 6'3 230 is not at all close to 5'11 270... is 5'7 310 close to 5'11 270? I don't think so. The reason people don't think Fielder will play well into his mid to late 30's is because nobody his size ever has, it's not opinion at all, it's fact. Sadly, the only one biased during this conversation has been you...

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Powell and Fielder are not close, but they were known as being the 'big guys' when I was a kid. I just pointed out their careers dwindled after turning 31-32.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, short list of players traded in last five years or so by Tigers... Armando Galarraga, Jeff Baker, Jason Grilli, Charlie Furbush, Giovanni Soto, Curtis Granderson, Edwin Jackson, Scott Sizemore, Ryan Perry, Andrew Miller, Justin Henry, Cole Nelson, Matt Joyce, Andy Oliver, Francisco Martinez and many more. Some did not pan out, some were already veterans... but you will deplete your talent below trading like that.. and it is only some of the trading.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember trading for Laird? Renteria? Jackson? DD has made a few bonehead moves as well as his great ones.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iltich is the 151st richest American at 2.7 billion. Carl Pohlad had 2.8 billion when he died. His sons inherited a greater fortune. Kudos to Detroit that they are willing to spend, but there are many owners with equal wealth in sports. And greater revenue. Detroit's problem is recession, declining population.. not sure these will get better soon. I agree with Nos, in a few years the Tigers are gonna look a lot different. And they traded away a lot of good talent to get what they have. Still, spending money tends to win in a league without a true cap (though there is a financial penalty).

What good talent did we give away? Andrew miller? Maybin? Furbush? Ruffin? Wells? Sizemore? Martinez?...we even got him back....turner is the only player WHO MIGHT be good....he showed nothing the few times he got to start for the tigs....and we flipped him for sanchez, who is now signed long term.....please explain the good talent....edwin jackson and granderson? We got a younger than grandy, austin jackson, and max scherzer...edwins been on how many teams? So PLEASE explain what good talent we couldve had.....we could of gotten casper wells back if we wanted to....hes been released twice since we traded him.

Its rubbish like this that shows some people are gonna say whatever, just to hate on the tigers.....why are we talking about 5 yrs down the line....who knows what the tigers will look like then...plus theres no guarantee the twins will be good JUST because they have some good looking prospects.....when the tigers sucked, do you know how many times i heard how good the tigers will be because of great prospects?......justin thompson, mily cuyler, chris pittaro, torey luvollo, raul cassanova, matt anderson, seth greisenger, nate cornejo, robert fick, eric munson, andrew miller, cameron maybin, justin turner.......now its garcia and nicky C.....prospects are just that.....a prospect!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, short list of players traded in last five years or so by Tigers... Armando Galarraga, Jeff Baker, Jason Grilli, Charlie Furbush, Giovanni Soto, Curtis Granderson, Edwin Jackson, Scott Sizemore, Ryan Perry, Andrew Miller, Justin Henry, Cole Nelson, Matt Joyce, Andy Oliver, Francisco Martinez and many more. Some did not pan out, some were already veterans... but you will deplete your talent below trading like that.. and it is only some of the trading.

Ahaha i guess i shouldve read all the posts before my last post...

Gallaraga WAS LET GO!
I thought grilli was let go, he sucked very bad in detroit. He was phil coke before coke got here
Francisco martinez is back with the tigers
Granderson and edwin got us max and ajax...both younger players
Never knew we had or traded soto. Thought cubs had him. Anyways he is a back up
Baker? We got him from cubs last year and cut him. Hes not young
Sizemore? Really? Whats he done besides get hurt. We got infante.
Ryan perry was let go
Andrew miller helped us get one of the greatest hitters of all time. Plus he sucks

You bring up renteria...we gave jurgens up for him....orioles just sent jurgens down

Rolling you used to have decent arguments.....now you are coming off as a straight tiger "hater"

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember trading for Laird? Renteria? Jackson? DD has made a few bonehead moves as well as his great ones.

Who did we give up for laird that is so good....laird was a backup/defensive catcher.

Renteria trade.....jurgens is in the minors

Jackson? Austin jackson? Id take that trade 100 out of 100 times.....i loved grandy...one of my all time favs....but we knew we couldnt pay him....so we traded him and edward jackson and got max scherzer and austin jackson....2 younger players who were both cheaper options. Grandy has been hurt all year and hits for a low avg. he wasnt what the tigers needed...a traditional leadoff hitter. Trading grandy allowed us to get vmart and fielder and resign JV and sign sanchez and hopefully fit miggy in...scherzer will be gone. But thats what happens on a winning team.

Once again a dumb argument....DD has got the tigers miggy, fister, sanchez, infante, d young, peralta, s casey.....thats pretty good to me when you look up what was traded for that....not to mention being able to lure FA's like fielder, pudge, mags, sheffield, benoit, valverde, k rogers, hunter, and vmart.

Say what you want about DD , but hes top notch in my eyes. Better than the randy smith era where the biggest moves were getting players like brad ausmus.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please let me know where you get your facts. I live in chicago and for some reason i remember the CUBS not the tigers, drafting soto.

Wow!!!!

Some folks are so anxious to pile on the tigs, they just make shit up outta thin air ...(((((((poof))))))) the tigers have now drafted geovany soto and traded him......on the PS3 i guess.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as what happens on gamecenters, dont know cuz i dont hang out there often, vice is making some pretty damn good points on here....sports topic wise.

The state of michigan loves the tigers. I grew up in west michigan and everyone loves the tigers and supports them. Thats a 3 hr drive but alot go and suppor 5-10 times a year. Tigers and wings have a great fan base. You can even argue as bad as the lions are, they do too....just check out how many lion fans are on these boards. They outnumber the tigers fans by alot. Even the pistons used to pack the place...i believe the downfall of the team and alot of fans who have lost interest in the NBA affect them. Fans in michigan love their college sports probably more than the pros...most fans would rather have a wolverine victory over a lions or a sparty win than the pistons. Living in chicago its the exact opposite. They dont care much for illinois or NW. but love the bears and bulls. Back home everyone were HUGE college fans. Over here theyre HUGE pro fans.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL... So you are now going to try to use trades that happened 5 years ago to show that the talent pool is going to be depleted in 2015.. remember.. that was how this started... when a twins fan said the tigers would be depleted by 2015 because the farm system was traded away... Looking like a MORON rolling... seriously.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trading for Jackson was a boneheaded move? Really? I am pretty sure the Tigers not only got Jackson but got Scherzer too out of that. The trade for Renteria doesn't look so bad now that Juer Jurrgens sucks.... so I am not going to call that a boneheaded trade either.. and what did the tigers give up for Laird? I am pretty sure neither of the two guys they traded are doing much of anything these days... do you even look stuff up before you post rolling?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't actually know the definition of "racist" do you?

Unfortunately... I all to well know the definition of the word... Captobvious is one... Defending him without knowing what he said makes you seem suspect as well.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahaha i guess i shouldve read all the posts before my last post...

Gallaraga WAS LET GO!
I thought grilli was let go, he sucked very bad in detroit. He was phil coke before coke got here
Francisco martinez is back with the tigers
Granderson and edwin got us max and ajax...both younger players
Never knew we had or traded soto. Thought cubs had him. Anyways he is a back up
Baker? We got him from cubs last year and cut him. Hes not young
Sizemore? Really? Whats he done besides get hurt. We got infante.
Ryan perry was let go
Andrew miller helped us get one of the greatest hitters of all time. Plus he sucks

You bring up renteria...we gave jurgens up for him....orioles just sent jurgens down

Rolling you used to have decent arguments.....now you are coming off as a straight tiger "hater"

Cleaves.. Tigers never had Soto the catcher.. We had a guy with a similiar name that was a pitcher that got traded to the Indians for Jhonny Peralta.. and he is doing nothing these days... Rolling is a complete idiot that does not use facts...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice....ignore Shano. He's 12 or 13 years old. Doesn't know much about baseball. He thinks he wins arguments...even though he is getting his ass handed to him. He just doesn't have the knowledge to understand his "position". In summary....not worth the trouble. (dougie = Shano)

Yep you're right I don't know shit about baseball. :rolleyes:

Vice just comes on here and trolls.