• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the insults about lack of reading comprehension... As you can see.. I don't even need insults.. I can just take what you say... and show how ineffective.. and just place lacking in facts it truly is.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a guy with Fielders body type that played period... Admit it.. I win.
Like it or not you prove my point, there has never been a guy that big that played well into their 30's

Walter Young 6'5 315

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? Please.. tell us what you base this on.. Inquiring minds want to know.
I dont know, real life, how many guys you know that are 5'11 275 that are doing good late into their 30's...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not you prove my point, there has never been a guy that big that played well into their 30's

Walter Young 6'5 315

LOL.. so now 6'5'' 315 is comparable to 5'11'' 275? HHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the insults about lack of reading comprehension...

Not an insult, you just arent reading what I say, you are ignoring everything I said to try and prove you have a clue, it aint working....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said name someone that big that played ever, I did... THE END

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout this... How bout you admit your argument is baseless... and I will leave you be.. not making any other references to the fact that I proved you are using opinion and not fact... to fight your arguments.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no more information or facts that can be used to say Fielder can not play well into his 30s than there is to prove that there is a god... Its opinion bro.. talk to me in 10 years and we will see if your opinion is correct.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I will end my side of the conversation with this...

Could Fielder play well into his mid to late 30's? Sure he could, but odds are against it. The fact nobody has ever done it before kinda proves that it's unlikely. The fact his dad who was taller and weighed less was done at 32 also shows it's somewhat unlikely. As someone whos played baseball and or softball all my life it seems obvious that someone that big has their bat speed slow down faster than someone smaller... I guess we will see... I did enjoy the conversation though...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I will end my side of the conversation with this...

Could Fielder play well into his mid to late 30's? Sure he could, but odds are against it. The fact nobody has ever done it before kinda proves that it's unlikely. The fact his dad who was taller and weighed less was done at 32 also shows it's somewhat unlikely. As someone whos played baseball and or softball all my life it seems obvious that someone that big has their bat speed slow down faster than someone smaller... I guess we will see... I did enjoy the conversation though...

My god bro.. You are now not only trying to compare people of different sizes to Prince Fielder.. You are trying to use his dad's career... and now you are trying to use the fact you play SOFTBALL to prove your point? My god... just admit.. IT IS YOUR OPINION... based on NO FACTS.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me now and listen later, everything I said about God Fielder was wrong he will hit 50 home runs at age 50 while weighing 400 pounds... Fuck yer like a mosquito...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a quick sidenote mosquito you have no proof he will do well into his mid to late 30's BEING SOMEONE HIS SIZE HAS NEVER DONE IT...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a quick sidenote mosquito you have no proof he will do well into his mid to late 30's BEING SOMEONE HIS SIZE HAS NEVER DONE IT...

The difference is I am not arguing he will... I am arguing that you have no facts to prove he won't... Big difference... I base my attack on fact.. You... on opinion.. facts win broham.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT IS NOBODY HIS SIZE HAS EVER DONE IT... IS THAT NOT A FACT?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, didn't mean to yell...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is I am not arguing he will...
Arguing i'm wrong kinda means you are arguing he will no? I mean being nobody his size ever has means its unlikely he will right? Unless you can show me someone that size ever has, discounting the steroid boys none of which were 5'11 275...

Last edited by a moderator:

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said they wouldnt get bullpen help. Are you related to Doug? Dear lord I made it clear in saying OVER THE YEARS. Talk about cherry picking. You take the Sox from this year then talk about Yanks last year series and the O's rotation being worse. FACT is. Since Detroit has been AL Central favorites they have played probably close to 50/50 ball with the Sox. Cleaves and Dougy always mention the tough West coast trips to teams like the A's and Angels. Ranger are another team you are probably 50/50 with as well as Yanks(except you get them in the playoffs).

BTW. You guys havn't struggled with us at all. AGAIN, it is completely idiotic to want to face a team loaded with all star talent over a pathetic team like the Twins. It is really mind boggling you would even bring this up.

Since it's not obvious to you how I wss showing the Tigers wouldn't be any more worried about played those teams as anyone else, I'll let it go, especially sincr things such as simple understanding is out of your league. I'll just remember next time to put it in crayon for ya.....:doh:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't cherry pick one thing at all. I took the teams that Rolling mentioned(added the Orioles because Cleaves himself said they are a problem for you) and showed that yes, the Tigers do have to worry about them. And best of all, those teams mentioned sans the Angles most likely are the teams the Tigers will have to beat in October. So in absolutely no way did I cherry pick.

If you would honestly rather the Tigers play the Red Sox than the Twins you seriously have problems that need to be addressed immediately.

Playoff type teams have shown they can beat the Tigers. It's not a bad thing at all, but you are wrong. The Tigers have beaten the Yankees the last couple years but thats it. You lost to Rangers, beat A's in 5 game series with that mental homefield system used last year.

Nothing supports the outrageous statement that to facing a team playing Jamey Carroll and Clete Thomas to the freaking Red Sox.

The tigs also beat the yanks and A's again in 06. Im not scared of the red sox, A's, yanks or rays......angels the most and either texas, which doesnt scare me as much as they used to, and the orioles, which is one team that can hang with detroits line up from head to toe.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be worried about the Red Sox, Rays, Athletics, Rangers, and Angles. Maybe the Indians as well. The Rays and Oakland have really good pitching staffs, I think as good as Detroit. Texas will when healthy. As for bats, many of these teams are a more balanced lineup. No one player is as good as Miggy. Three years ago I did not think so, but he is clearly the best hitter in the league. Fielder and Hunter are playoff worthy. After that, I am not convinced.. V-Mart, Peralta, A-Jax are iffy. The bullpen is not good. Of course, Detroit is better than Minny in all of these categories.. so I can only point out your few faults with envy.

More balanced line up? Really?

Ajax
Hunter
Miggy
Fielder
Vmart
Peralta
Dirks/tui
Avila
Infante

Thats a pretty good lineup.....ajax has been hurt but still has good numbers, peraltas hitting well this year, and vmarts avg is up around 260. He was around 220 not too long ago....it took him a minute to get back. But hes on fire now. You really think the A's and rays lineup can hang with detroits. Id even say the red sox too. Tigers have the best hitting infield in baseball. Not a weak bat this year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder has super bat speed right now. One of the fastest. Dont get fooled cuz hes fat. He has really short arms and one of the quickest bat speeds in MLB. david ortiz is pretty big. How old is he? Dont feel like looking it up....im sure when fielder gets older he will slide into the DH role......depending on who the tigers buy in the future during FA periods.

Sheffield, mags, pudge, sanchez, hunter, vmart, fielder, penny.......those are people who were FA's who chose detroit. Since 04 the tigers havent had a problem signing FA's.....so somebody must like coming to detroit. This isnt the NBA where its cool to go to NY, miami or LA. i see no future problems with getting FA's when needed..the tigers still have a good 3-6 years ahead of them. A nice mix of youth and veterens. Future of the OF looks bright....ajax, castellanos, garcia, dirks. And im sure a FA OF will be signed in the upcoming years.....once tori and vmart come off the books.

Im sure fans of other central teams will keep trying to kid themselves that in 2015 the tigers will be old and no longer contenders.