• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait for 2015. Buxton just gettting universal praise daily now. Some say he may even be up next year sometime. Sano adjusting to AA only hitting .226 but has 6 bombs in 62 ABs.

Gonna be fun times ahead.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug...as another Tiger fan...you are an embarrassment.

I wonder if you saw the stats that show the Tigers have the worst BA, SLG%, and HR total, in the 7,8,9th innings? Might THAT be another reason the Tigers are struggling? I don't think Leyland can be linked to that directly. Or can he, in your mind?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Twins rush Sano and Buxton to the majors - and they fail - won't fans yell that they brought them up too soon? (Can't win)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Twins rush Sano and Buxton to the majors - and they fail - won't fans yell that they brought them up too soon? (Can't win)

Absolutely not.

And having them up starting opening day 2015 is not too soon anyways.

Sano forsure should at least get some time next year.

Every other team brings up their top prospects around this age. Time we do too. Not even close to too soon.

We also just signed another 16 year old dominican monster. Me like.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lose? what I lose? Indians squeeked by the Royals to stay in first.

we all know the Indians slide will be soon.

iam saying the over under on Indians in first place is 1 week. iam taking the under

It looks like the only team fading is those Tigs. Cabrera can't carry the Tigs the whole season, need a team in baseball.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the only team fading is those Tigs. Cabrera can't carry the Tigs
the whole season, need a team in baseball.

I wouldn't call a 2-6 stretch in the middle of the season "fading." Fading is what Cleveland did after July 1 the last two seasons, or what the White Sox did in September last year, or what the Tigers did in 2009.

This division, like last year, will come down to who owns September. The Tigers still have too many holes to run away with it, and the Indians don't have the pitching depth (12th in ERA) to have a lot more of the winning streaks like the one they are on now.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division, like last year, will come down to who owns September. The Tigers still have too many holes to run away with it, and the Indians don't have the pitching depth (12th in ERA) to have a lot more of the winning streaks like the one they are on now.

Whichever of our teams patch up their weaknesses the best is going to take the division, but it probly wont be by more than a slight margin (2-3 games)

Right now our best team is only as good as the current 3rd in both ALE & ALW. ALC got its work cut out for it in the playoffs...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger's have way fewer holes than the rest of the teams.. all the tigers need is bullpen depth... Not even a closer.. just depth... That can be had easily and at low cost. The Indians need starting pitching and bullpen.... Royals need starting pitching and offense... Plain and simple.. Its not even half way done.. the season is long and talent rises to the top.. Detroit has more of it.. it will not be close after August is done... By Sept first the Tigers will be moon walking to a division title and resting starters.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hocky?? really you know about losing..
Twins fan plus California hockey.. cant get any worse that that.

by the way. Scherzer tomorrow..and then verlander. Tigers look to be back on top...winning!!

We'll see if Scherzer gets his usually 6 runs or more of run support. Overrated.

Still in :second:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing makes me smile more than fans that get to high or to low during the mlb season... its funny... Bad teams go on winning streaks and good teams go on losing stretches... it happens every season. I am pretty sure the Giants had a nice rough patch last year... and they won the WS. Getting overly excited about where your team is in July is dumb... its like a marathon.. all April, May, June, and July are for is to put yourself in position to win in Aug and Sept. You find your issues.. fix them at the trade deadline... and the team with the talent that adjusts the best wins... Somehow I don't see the Indians or Royals adjusting much at the trade deadline.. but does anyone want to bet the tigers make at least one impact trade?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if Scherzer gets his usually 6 runs or more of run support. Overrated.

Still in :second:

Shane... will you be this happy about being in first in July when the season is over and you are not in the playoffs?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger's have way fewer holes than the rest of the teams.. all the tigers need is bullpen depth... Not even a closer.. just depth... That can be had easily and at low cost. The Indians need starting pitching and bullpen.... Royals need starting pitching and offense... Plain and simple.. Its not even half way done.. the season is long and talent rises to the top.. Detroit has more of it.. it will not be close after August is done... By Sept first the Tigers will be moon walking to a division title and resting starters.

The bullpen is one of if not the most important thing. That is what helps a team get deep in the postseason, the teams you see left at the end of the postseason don't need great SP's or great offense it is the bullpen. The Giants had a decent offense and played small ball. They had a good rotation or better than good but a great bullpen.

Tigs have an awful bullpen. With Perez back the Tribe have a pretty average to above average bullpen. They have 3 guys they can really rely on when healthy. If the Tigs start losing it is bc the bullpen can't help out the starters when they are struggling or can't do their job in general.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane... will you be this happy about being in first in July when the season is over and you are not in the playoffs?

I am not too happy anything. We have to keep playing good baseball. I see the Tigs weaknesses' and they have too many for being a "WS" team.

Just a couple weeks ago Tig fans were getting excited saying they won the division and it is over, so you Marlin fans have no room to talk :lol:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bullpen is one of if not the most important thing. That is what helps a team get deep in the postseason, the teams you see left at the end of the postseason don't need great SP's or great offense it is the bullpen. The Giants had a decent offense and played small ball. They had a good rotation or better than good but a great bullpen.

Tigs have an awful bullpen. With Perez back the Tribe have a pretty average to above average bullpen. They have 3 guys they can really rely on when healthy. If the Tigs start losing it is bc the bullpen can't help out the starters when they are struggling or can't do their job in general.

You lost all cred when you said teams you see left at the end of the postseason don't need great SP's. My god that has to be the dumbest comment I have seen posted... You just made Doug look smart.. and I thought that was impossible. Oh.. and Perez nearly blew that game last night.. and has been piss poor all year... your bullpen is just as much a train wreck as the tigers. I take it you are the Indians version of Dougplayer...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not too happy anything. We have to keep playing good baseball. I see the Tigs weaknesses' and they have too many for being a "WS" team.

Just a couple weeks ago Tig fans were getting excited saying they won the division and it is over, so you Marlin fans have no room to talk :lol:

Marlins may end up with a better record than the Indians.. that is more likely to happen than the Indians winning the central.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost all cred when you said teams you see left at the end of the postseason don't need great SP's. My god that has to be the dumbest comment I have seen posted... You just made Doug look smart.. and I thought that was impossible. Oh.. and Perez nearly blew that game last night.. and has been piss poor all year... your bullpen is just as much a train wreck as the tigers. I take it you are the Indians version of Dougplayer...

:laugh3:

You are a troll Marlin fab, nobody gives a shit about your opinion. To get far in the postseason you obviously need all those things, you are missing the point. You need a solid 1-4, 1-5 rotation, but you ABSOLUTELY need a bullpen, that is something the Tigs don't have at all. That is the reason the Tigs will fail this year!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlins may end up with a better record than the Indians.. that is more likely to happen than the Indians winning the central.

:laugh3: :L

I am waiting on KC to pass the Tigs :lol:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call a 2-6 stretch in the middle of the season "fading." Fading is what Cleveland did after July 1 the last two seasons, or what the White Sox did in September last year, or what the Tigers did in 2009.

Tigers have not even had a serious winning streak yet.. All it takes if for the Tigers to reel off 7-8 wins in a row and the Indians and Royals to have a weak stretch at the same time and the season will be over for them. I am willing to bet the Tigers have a long winning streak in Aug that locks it up before sept call ups... I take a team that peaks late over one that peaks in July any day. Anyone find out where the parade route is in Cleveland for being in first place on July 3rd?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

You are a troll Marlin fab, nobody gives a shit about your opinion. To get far in the postseason you obviously need all those things, you are missing the point. You need a solid 1-4, 1-5 rotation, but you ABSOLUTELY need a bullpen, that is something the Tigs don't have at all. That is the reason the Tigs will fail this year!

Nobody uses a 1-5 rotation in the playoffs.. so you once again show you know nothing about what you are talking about.. Most teams don't even use a 4th starter in the playoffs. Bullpen is the easiest thing to get at the trade deadline Shane. The trade deadline is coming... Do you think the tigers are not adding to the bullpen at the trade deadline?