• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we missing in here this year?????

Injun fans!!!!!!

No parade this year in may.....

ALL HAIL UBALDO!!!!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats always been max's issue. He takes too many pitches to get outs. JV max and sanchez battle pitch counts every game it seems. Its just JV can go out and throw 130 pitches. Max usually goes around a 100. Even when we got him from arizona he struggled to get thru 5 while racking up K's.

Scherzer averaged more innings per start last year.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danks might be toast.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers crush the royals..again.
porcello gets his 4th win of the season...not bad for a #5 starter

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could say porcello outpitched Shields. and you would be right

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to 2015

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford wins in 2014

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will throw you guys a bone.
chance to make some money.
throw the favorite out tomorrow in the Kentucky derby. he is from California...he is weak.like all California horses.

bet danza , heavy and often

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins are starting their free fall. Pelfrey is a goddamn joke.

O and dougy, Stafford blows. No heart.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins are starting their free fall. Pelfrey is a goddamn joke.

O and dougy, Stafford blows. No heart.

He has a heartbeat... kid has heart. Shown that coming back in with a broken collarbone as rookie, and with the Cowboy game comeback this year IMO. I will wait and see after this season or mid season to see if new regime can improve this kid?? Truly hated Linehan and Schwartz so I am little jaded as to whether it was them or manboobs himself. Him publicly saying he needs no help is his ego not handily scrutiny well. Jim Bob Cooter, Lombardi and Caldwell making small tweaks so to not register on Juggs radar on screen passes... blah blah blah...

Sorry it is a beuatiful day out. I will stop now before I ruin it. Kid does have issues albeit small issues. He does have heart. He is from great or elite and Navamind is correct. He is average. Below average without CJ on the field.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this based on? Scherzer had excellent peripherals last year and predictor stats (2.90 ERA, 2.74 FIP, 3.16 xFIP). This year the walk rate's slightly up, but his K/9 is currently sitting at 11.8 (it was 10.1 last year) and he's seen a pretty big increase in his GB% (36.3% in 2013, currently at 44.6%). His FIP is at 2.70 and xFIP is at 2.38.

It's a long season and he could regress, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had an even better year than he did in 2013.

Based on consistency. He did it for one season, before that he was good, but extremely inconsistent. He has always had the potential to be elite obviously and that came into fruition last season. For his sake he better do well this year after turning down that massive offer. The good news for tigers fans is now he has to still play for his contract. The bad news is they will receive only picks for him when he signs elsewhere in the offseason. I dont get the mindset that the tigers shouldnt have traded max in the offseason because they are playing to win but then trade fister.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am definitely not saying the Tigers are going to win anything this year. With their starting rotation -- they can win any series.

As far as the hitting on the team. Even with Miggy struggling for much of April -- The team with the highest team BA in the AL is..........Detroit. So they have been hitting, they've just struggled at times with RISP.

It is only the 1st month of the season, so I'm not going to put too much into it -- The bullpen has looked better after struggling early. Detroit has shown they can win the close games (6-2 in 1 run games) and for a team a year ago, who couldn't steal a base to save their life -- they have been running quite often.

I actually think Detroit's team this year will finish with a better record than last year and depending on how the bullpen shapes up or if they add an arm -- I think Detroit has as good a shot as anyone to win it all. Vegas seems to agree too, as they posted the odds to win the WS and they have the Tigers as the favorites right now.

I agree they have a solid rotation. Porcello is looking like he might breakout and JV looks like hes back to normal. I dont see sanchez or scherzer matching their numbers from last year and the fister trade hurts. They had a great rotation last year as well and came up short due to inconsistent hitting, (they are still leaving an abundance of hitters on base) and an even worse pen than last years. Their starters are going to have to pitch almost nine innings against good offenses for them to make noise in the playoffs. But as I said its a long season, maybe they will address the pen at or before the deadline. They signed hanrahan so thats a step.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth -- I absolutely think Scherzer will pitch as well as last year. He may not end up with as many wins, as that is dependent on how the bullpen performs and the offense does in his starts. I think his ERA and WHIP will be roughly in the same ballpark though.

If I had to choose one pitcher on the Tigers in a must-win game -- I'd take Scherzer over Verlander right now. They are basically a 1a. and 1b. at the top of the rotation, but Scherzer has better stuff than Verlander right now, IMO.

I would take JV, and I dont read too much into wins and losses. Chris sale was 10-14 last year I believe and king felix won the cy with a 13-13 mark I think.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good assessment. For one game, I'd take Scherzer. Over the course of a season, I'd rather have Verlander, because he'll pitch deeper into games and save the bullpen more innings.

And thats the reason I take JV for one game. He is a horse and can throw a CG, still waiting on the first for max. Either way its a nice luxury to have deciding between two cy young winners in their prime.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we missing in here this year?????

Injun fans!!!!!!

No parade this year in may.....

ALL HAIL UBALDO!!!!

Yeah where is shaneman, that dude was going overboard last year on the tigers boards right about now.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bet danza , heavy and often

Damn you, dougie, I lost big taking your advice.

J/k, but California Chrome is the winner.