• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another surelock from Dougy, is wrong.

Seahawks beat the Saints.

Best part of him ran down his mother's leg.

His Trout post shows he doesn't even "crunch numbers." He just makes shit up whenever he pleases.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of him ran down his mother's leg.

His Trout post shows he doesn't even "crunch numbers." He just makes shit up whenever he pleases.

Come on guys -- you can't take Doug seriously. His post are meant more for entertainment purposes. I get a good laugh every time I read one of his posts.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys -- you can't take Doug seriously. His post are meant more for entertainment purposes. I get a good laugh every time I read one of his posts.

It is the likelihood that he is being serious which makes it entertaining. Which makes him very easy to make fun of for virtually everybody else.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, so you pick the Tigers lowest year and the Royals highest year....lol....freaking hilarous...your just like Nevertrust me...the only one making shit up are the two who wont use ALL the stats.

DD has been a GM what 11-12 years...Dayton only 7-8...DD's big years are only on the horizon for Dayton.

Dayton - start 36 mil (in 06 when the tigers were already over the Royals current budget), lowest payroll in the majors, even 2011 back down to 36 mil, lowest in Majors...lowest budgest in baseball for entire tenure until 2012-13...but Dayton should have went to a WS with those lowest IN BASEBALL...just because the royals jump up to 19th for ONE year, your saying they should have what, won a WS? At best your point can be made that the Royals should have come close to replicated the Tigers 06 season in 13 but still the Tigers had a higher payroll since you pointed that out already.

DD - Since 06 has had the ability to get whatever players he has needed to win a world series, (without getting ARod type contracts til that terrible Fielder contract was signed to prove money wasn't an issue to build a WS team anymore)...

Both GMs have done good jobs, rebuild teams that were both sitting on the bottom, not going to say otherwise...DD has had more years and more money to do, so HE better have more success, if he can't win a WS between 06-15, then their are plenty of GM's who could with that budget, many before him have and many after him will..Moore's 13-15 seasons will tell if his plan was great, to win a WS, no way with the budget the Royals have, name the WS winners without a top 15 budget in the last 20 years. You can't compare the two GM's other than one way, the players their systems draft and develop and their success in the majors (even if they are traded away)...its the only common ground they both have.

For teams like Oak and TB to compete with their payrolls makes their GMs 10 times the GMs with top budgets. I believe the Royals Moore learned talent in a great Atlanta Braves system that proved consistant winning by building a strong founation in the minors and drafting...Oak, TB have simarlar minor leagues who fill positions on the roster then add a few big pieces if their close...small budget approach...not the get the big pieces and hopefully someone from our minor leagues can help out, almost any GM can do that. Theo is learning that in Chicago right now and seems lost..but should be fine with the big budget, no way the guy would take a small market team job and be successfull.

Such a long babbling post......you said DD made it to the WS because of a top notch budget.....i pointed out in 2006 he didnt.....YOU SAID THAT

YOU said KC had the lowest payroll last year....YOU said that.....

DD has been there longer.....TRUE........DD didnt take 7-8 years to make it to a WS...so compare moores first 7-8 years and DD and its not even close...not to mention DD took a team who almost lost a record amount of games and in a few years took them to a WS....plus hes went back AGAIN.....So keep trying.....your tiger hatred is easy to see.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also youre trying to bring up winning a WS and budgets......JUST MAKE THE FUGGIN PLAYOFFS ONCE!!!!!!

TB has.....
Oakland has.......
Minny has.......
Pittsburgh has......
Arizona has.....
Hell even cleveland......

Your excuses are getting old and repetitive.....but hey....wait til next year.....PLAYOFFS BABY!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really didn't say that did you? " and the only pick they have made that has sucked is Ryan Perry"... Andrew Miller. Kyle Sleeth, Scott Moore during DD's tenure and assuming that Maybin, Turner, Porcello are good.

again, please....list the Tigers top picks that were traded to any team and lets compare them with the ones that still are on the tigers with the ones the Royals got...

Because Mia can't afford guys like Miggy, Infante, Sanchez and willing to dump them to a team that could afford them....for whatever they could get doesn't make the Tigers draft successfull...lets actually look at the players the Tigers have drafted...talk about twisting, thats exactly what your doing...saying the Tigers drafts have netted them Miggy, Sanchez and Infante...thats not who the tigers assesses, drafted and developed...they were already done by someone else who is also Notorious for dumping players for money reasons...might as well get something, anything out of them before them going to FA...so the tigers grabbed them for nothing before they became FA's doesn't mean they don't get FA's, lol.

DD and Moores systems are exactly what is in place for the minor leagues, you can point the finger at someone else if you want, they are in charge of the entire system. DD has been there long enough to prove that he hasn't done crap with his minor leagues in any area by the actual MLB players its produced...ok lets compare some system players, not saying they are equal but closest comparable players

Grienke -Verlander
Moose - Nick
Hochevar-Porcello
Holland - Andrew Miller??
Hosmer - ???? Jacob Turner?
Gordon - Kyle Sleeth????
Butler - Cameron Maybin? Scott Moore?
Perez - Avila

Picks after 2010 for both teams, is just a waste of time...I also know why you didn't list ALL the 1st round picks in DD's tenu

also reminding that DD has had 4 more years to develop anything...if an 18 yr old is drafted they don't generally peak til 25 to 27???.....thats 7 to 9 years....Dayton started 7 years ago....DD 11 years ago.

DD is great at getting players right before the bidding wars, will give him that...still wonder why he traded 4 players for Fister, he pitches great, then gets only a few in return...pretty much negates the Fister deal all together to actually weakin the farm system equals a bust. DD has climbed the mountain from 119 losses, maybe the challenge of the climb is over for him and saying, close enough its on the players now..who knows, he did an amazing climb but not near has hard a climb than Dayton has had and still had...much different "weather" conditions on the mountain.

Kinda funny your comparing draft picks when KC was always drafting top 10 and the tigers down farther....

Every teams owner has the ability to spend money.....i get sick of that argument....put a winning team on the field and fans come, which makes money....if you cant afford to get FA's then sell the team....before mags and pudge came, FA's werent beating detroits door down....

Every team had a chance to trade for miggy or fister.....DD was just quicker and smarter.....i dont see how trading prospects for players is considered buying players.....

Miggy, fister, max, infante, sanchez were all had in trades.......same thing KC did with shields.....dont get mad that trade wont work out as well for KC as the miggy trade did for detroit......

Detroits payroll keeps increasing because players like JV, sanchez, miggy, max do well IN DETROIT and have to be paid for it .....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way, your wrong......every team in MLB does NOT have the same opportunity to trade for players from another team...but nice try.

Why dont they? With all KC's top 10 picks you would think they would have an advantage.....

Why couldnt KC had traded for fister or max or ajax? All players came cheap at the time contract wise.....thats why grandy was traded for max. To save money.....but nice try.....i like the way you explained.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let see, Infante bats .330 in last 42 games and thats not "getting" hot...guess he's a .330 type hitter in your world lol...if anyone got HOT, the career .279 hitter hitting .330 is hotter than a career .262 hitter hitting .285.....who is spinning as well as throwing in just garbage opinion...most everyone else on the planet knows who was "hot"...

as you will see by infante's games per season, Boni will be playing at least 1/3 of the year and they will produce very similar...one with more HR/RBI and one with more R/SB...defense is a wash.....you keep putting your twist on it and Infante will be a 8 time all star and Boni will be out of baseball in like 3 more of your posts.

.279 career hitter against .262 hitter, one injury prone, one with power one with speed both going into a larger stadium...yep...still sticking with it after looking at the facts.

Why would a team that has money issues according to you spend all that money for infante if he isnt any good and you had the all might boni? Didnt know infante was a "power" hitter.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never said the Tigers suck, lol, you make up half of your hatred of what I have never said...They have weaknesses and those weakness are what is holding them back from winning a WS...its amazing that DD hasn't fixed the bullpen problem in years or the horrific back end of the lineup (personally think that was more on Leyland but will find out this year) a team is only as good as its weakest players...the BP, Bench and a few starters for the last 3 years have sucked HORRIBLY. majors)...if the Tigers had ANYONE in the minor leagues to bring up they would have been better options and actually they would have had realistic shots at winning a world series but the cubboard is bare. IF Nick can play better than Inge did a few years ago, Dirks plays better than or equal to Garcia and Tigers get 2 yes TWO quality middle relievers that they can turn to right now they have zero trustworthy middle guys after losing Smyly, Benoit and Veras...and the seniors Hunter, Nathan and Vmart stay the same...this would the year for them to have a shot at winning a WS...and its not much to go get get 2 middle relievers, not sure why DD wants to keep not getting some relievers they are cheap...after this year, if they make it this year, the 3 seniors can't keep it up much longer, a thing called history says so.

Again, Moore been in KC 7 years, an 18 yr old in his first draft would be 25 yrs old...players don't peak til 25 to 27...come on, you can't be this bad at understanding the game...so he should make the playoffs with 7 guys all under 25 yrs old and youngest 20...got ya...the TIgers can't win a WS with guys at every age, lol, hell go ahead and just add another 39 yr old, that should do it. The Royals first valid plausable/possible attempt was 2013 and that is still having most of the starting roster of under 27 yr olds. This will be their SECOND attempt at the playoffs. Why didn't the Tigers make the playoffs from 07-09 again, DD's what 5th-7th years as GM? they had one of the highest payrolls and still werent making it, whats your answer to why DD didn't get them there then? anyone?, think the White Sox slipped right in and won a world series, lol, just that simple...shows that the Indians, Royals and dare I say Twins (they have the prospects coming) could slide right in and do the same.

You just spout things off Cleaves, thinking frustration of why the Tigers haven't won a WS in the last 7 years and the non stop talk they have talked about winning it on Tigers News, espn, fans talking about since the end of 06, EVERY spring training...Royals fans have only had a couple of years of hype to deal with...at least NeverTrustMe uses some stats, not completely, but attempts to understand a lot of the game and loves his team enough to care to look up some info to be more correct on his views...I am sure your good at something like MSU basketball or football...you don't discuss baseball, you think you tell it like it is and thats the only way it could be, truth be damned or they are just "haters", lol

Once again im not into reading books on a thread.....sorry

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish for 2014 is we get passed this bullshit hatred and get back to loving baseball, I might be drunk but dammit baseball is the greatest sport on the planet and we all want our team to win it all. I find myself as a Twins fan even rooting for the Tigers come playoff time just because I want our division to be the best there is! Okay back to the fighting...

Hey i actually like the twins the 2nd most in the division now that quest isnt around.........i used to root for KC, but with fans like bums, theres no way i want to see that team win anything....

Seems to be one constant in all the hatred arguments.....BUMS......ever since he came in here LOOKING for vice this thread has been like this....

He had TWO allies in here......one capt edit obvious.....who likes to edit peoples posts....and iffy the creepy stalker who got banned...they say you are the company you keep...

If you notice even royals fan moose doesnt even get involved in his jibberish. That would be like some of us tiger fans agreeing with dougie....:lol:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want some fun, go to NFL threads, specifically...It don't mean a thing if you ain't got that ring. now apply the Tigers to it, fits rather well...even the comments against the Seahawks fans fits well also..its actually pretty funny to do when I was reading it....get a ring and DD is great and the Tigers are great, until then...the tigers are good and DD is good.

Doesnt DD already have a ring? So he has to win 2?

I notice everyone of your posts include something tiger related.....ah the obsession....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your wrong and you know it, stop avoiding reality....when I see the Yankees, Red Sox, LAA, LAD, TEX, DET...trade big names and big contracts to teams like KC, Oak, TB, Min, any small market teams then I will agree with you...but since it hasn't happened in almost 20 years...I will wait to correct myself.

When the tigers traded for max and ajax they were taking the lower contracts of max and ajax knowing granderson was going to get paid...didnt the tigers just trade fielders BIG contract to texas? Fister to washington?

Funny your small market teams you mentioned have all been in the playoffs recently BUT KC.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez miss a few days i have post after post now.....

And i havent even messed with dougie...

Yeah UM has heart.....they beat minny, good win.....and nebraska and NW...:laugh3:

Mcgoofy blew millions..

Enjoy the ex sparty coach as your new football OC too.....i guess if you cant have dantonio or narduzzi, settle for an ex sparty QB coach.....as long as he keeps hoke in town im all for it......wonder who will get ALL the blame now borges is gone.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"ESPN Stats/Info: Yordano Ventura 101.9 mph fastball in third inning to Yan Gomes was fastest pitch thrown by any starter in last 5 seasons."

Need moar Venturas.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins still talking about bringing Johan Santana back... Not sure he has anything left...

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and anyway

see almost all of the top 10 prospects for the AL Central lists are out except the Twins, which should easily dominate the Centrals lists, if not top 5 in baseball...

White Sox Micah Johnson had over 80 sbs in a season, Royals Almonte moved up, Devon Travis leap frogged quite a few (where did Saurez and Leyba come from), Indians yah still got Lindor

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"ESPN Stats/Info: Yordano Ventura 101.9 mph fastball in third inning to Yan Gomes was fastest pitch thrown by any starter in last 5 seasons."

Need moar Venturas.

Crap, you are trying to TJ jinx him aren't you?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS...Gomes got a hit also..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dougie.....spartys women beat those beastly gals from annie arbor i see.....lumberjacking is more for UM women.

I see UM plays penn st next.....cant wait for them to start playing someone.......

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make it simple for you this way...all in one post

1) Correct, wrong and wrong

2) agree, every team makes up excuses unless they win a World Series

3) lol, explained, can't help you

4) lol, explained, can't help you

5) Agree, thus why I and Moose disagreed...I don't think Infante (power hitter compared to Boni) at .279 and injury prone at 8 mil was a better deal than Boni .262 a few years younger at 3 mil..only time will tell. I still think the Infante signing is going to work out better if we trade him at the trade deadline to fill another area and let Boni play out.

6) Read a book on baseball economics, might help you more with your questions and understanding

7) lol, who spins things...DD/Tigers 0 rings...should I say the Royals have been to the playoffs because Shields and Infante have, lol. I get it and can tell why you and Vice were "allies"...

8) 100 percent agree with you Max/Ajax for Granderson is DD's number 1 ranked trade, the value he pulled for Granderson who at the time was heralded as the next great superstar. They both have k problems but detroit lost very little in the OF to get a damn good pitcher thrown in.