• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8) 100 percent agree with you Max/Ajax for Granderson is DD's number 1 ranked trade

The Miguel Cabrera trade would be ranked #1. They got one of best pure hitters well before his prime and gave up nothing but prospects. The rest is history on what Cabrera has done with Detroit.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miguel Cabrera trade would be ranked #1. They got one of best pure hitters well before his prime and gave up nothing but prospects. The rest is history on what Cabrera has done with Detroit.

Who knows til its all said and done, Max could be one of the best in his prime. Can't compare til careers are done. My bad, should have said my criteria was ALL teams had a chance to get Max/Ajax. Best player in any of the deals, easily Miguel, no doubt. Might be as good as the Babe to NYY.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make it simple for you this way...all in one post

1) Correct, wrong and wrong

2) agree, every team makes up excuses unless they win a World Series

3) lol, explained, can't help you

4) lol, explained, can't help you

5) Agree, thus why I and Moose disagreed...I don't think Infante (power hitter compared to Boni) at .279 and injury prone at 8 mil was a better deal than Boni .262 a few years younger at 3 mil..only time will tell. I still think the Infante signing is going to work out better if we trade him at the trade deadline to fill another area and let Boni play out.

6) Read a book on baseball economics, might help you more with your questions and understanding

7) lol, who spins things...DD/Tigers 0 rings...should I say the Royals have been to the playoffs because Shields and Infante have, lol. I get it and can tell why you and Vice were "allies"...

8) 100 percent agree with you Max/Ajax for Granderson is DD's number 1 ranked trade, the value he pulled for Granderson who at the time was heralded as the next great superstar. They both have k problems but detroit lost very little in the OF to get a damn good pitcher thrown in.

I see even when i dont respond to you and a day goes by.......you still argue about the tigers....are you obsessed with the tigers?

let me put this in caps so you understand....since everytime you say something thats proved dumb, you just move on....like infante a power hitter....now hes a power hitter compared to boni....well hell, who isnt a power hitter compared to boni....carlos zambrano would be considered compared to him...but anyways...

YOU SAID "IF" DD WINS A WS, THEN HE WOULD BE GREAT.....I SAID HE ALREADY WON ONE.....what does it matter what team he did it with? Dan marino and charles barkley were always put down for not winning a title....so if marino had won one with another team, it wouldnt had mattered? So is peyton manning great? Or does he have to win one in denver since winning for another team dont count......guess montana sucked because he didnt win in KC.....

theres a big difference in being a GM of a team to win a WS, then being a player who just made the playoffs....especially since almost every team has been to the playoffs since KC last has....so i can see where a player just making the playoffs is like a GM winning it all....in KC finishing 500 is like winning the WS according to their GM....you wont EVER hear DD say that....he has a ring.....he didnt take his time building a winner like moore has....he went from worst to WS in 3 years...keep spinning your tiger hatred its getting comical....too bad your other 2 stooges are no longer in here...ones banned for stalking and one likes to edit peoples posts to make them look like an injun fan......so sad...

I see your still set on vice....i knew vice for the few months he was on here....i would consider people like smitty, laker, hockey, muzzer, and trustme more of allies....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what a joke the lions franchise is......lets hire an OC who was ranked 29th in the NFL this year to lead this team....

Moose you should be happy as hell your chiefs are able to get a coach like reid.....we get stuck with leftovers.....caldwell? Kubiak? Munchak? Lions got alot of talent, a top 10 pick AGAIN, sort of like the royals, but until they find someone to lead the team, they will continue to fail....

I wonder if the plane is still idling waiting for the GO for SD? Thats how bad this franchise is.....nobody told the pilot its over.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

You know hom many GM's wished they had traded prospects for miggy

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KU starting to make some noise in Bball.

I root for KU....theyre one of the few powerhouses i can root for.....hate UK, dukie, syracuse, UL

Plus im glad they beat iowa st since scUM fans made iowa st out to be the greatest team ever...

Just mad they stole cliff alexander from us....fuggin GF.....we had him on lock forever until it was almost time to sign....went to a game a couple of weeks ago and he had 37 pts and 21 RBDS....i think he had like 4-5 blocks too....hes very good....seen him play 3 times and tyler ulis 6-8 times.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see even when i dont respond to you and a day goes by.......you still argue about the tigers....are you obsessed with the tigers?

let me put this in caps so you understand....since everytime you say something thats proved dumb, you just move on....like infante a power hitter....now hes a power hitter compared to boni....well hell, who isnt a power hitter compared to boni....carlos zambrano would be considered compared to him...but anyways...

YOU SAID "IF" DD WINS A WS, THEN HE WOULD BE GREAT.....I SAID HE ALREADY WON ONE.....what does it matter what team he did it with? Dan marino and charles barkley were always put down for not winning a title....so if marino had won one with another team, it wouldnt had mattered? So is peyton manning great? Or does he have to win one in denver since winning for another team dont count......guess montana sucked because he didnt win in KC.....

theres a big difference in being a GM of a team to win a WS, then being a player who just made the playoffs....especially since almost every team has been to the playoffs since KC last has....so i can see where a player just making the playoffs is like a GM winning it all....in KC finishing 500 is like winning the WS according to their GM....you wont EVER hear DD say that....he has a ring.....he didnt take his time building a winner like moore has....he went from worst to WS in 3 years...keep spinning your tiger hatred its getting comical....too bad your other 2 stooges are no longer in here...ones banned for stalking and one likes to edit peoples posts to make them look like an injun fan......so sad...

I see your still set on vice....i knew vice for the few months he was on here....i would consider people like smitty, laker, hockey, muzzer, and trustme more of allies....

lol, Dumb, got ya, so you put one item in CAPS, lol...

Infante was never compared to MLB players he was being compared to Boni. ...about a 9 to 1 hr ratio...Infante has the power Boni has the speed. Still stand behind it from the very beginning, not sure why you want to keep twisting it another way. Knock yourself out.

strange, Theo Epstien has a Ring, Cubs streak is over now? I don't agree with it but if it works for you

02,03,04,05,06 equals 3?...DD gets 2 years a season? is that like dog years or something?

Dayton saying that was horrible, no question, a little over excited after achieving his goal, it happens..

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You believe what you want to believe, can tell that you will. I give up, I shouldnt go around and around with this...think I will get off this ride...getting dizzy.

Good Luck, the odds are with the Dodgers and Tigers to get a Ring as the other big spenders. They are both due.

Maybe the Royals take another step forward, to not be at the bottom of the team payrolls for the 3rd year in a row will payoff.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what a joke the lions franchise is......lets hire an OC who was ranked 29th in the NFL this year to lead this team....

Moose you should be happy as hell your chiefs are able to get a coach like reid.....we get stuck with leftovers.....caldwell? Kubiak? Munchak? Lions got alot of talent, a top 10 pick AGAIN, sort of like the royals, but until they find someone to lead the team, they will continue to fail....

I wonder if the plane is still idling waiting for the GO for SD? Thats how bad this franchise is.....nobody told the pilot its over.

The hiring was Romeo Crennelesque.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, Dumb, got ya, so you put one item in CAPS, lol...

Infante was never compared to MLB players he was being compared to Boni. ...about a 9 to 1 hr ratio...Infante has the power Boni has the speed. Still stand behind it from the very beginning, not sure why you want to keep twisting it another way. Knock yourself out.

strange, Theo Epstien has a Ring, Cubs streak is over now? I don't agree with it but if it works for you

02,03,04,05,06 equals 3?...DD gets 2 years a season? is that like dog years or something?

Dayton saying that was horrible, no question, a little over excited after achieving his goal, it happens..

"He went from worst to WS is 3 years".........wasnt detroits worst year where they lost 120 games in 03? They went to WS in 06......where did i say he went from 1st yr to WS? He took a team in 3 yrs and took them from worst to WS like i said....

What does theo epstein having a ring have to do with the cubs? You stated IF DD wins a WS he would be great....i said....he already won one....what do the tigers as a team have to do with DD and being good/great? Hes already won a WS....him and theo are considered good/great GM's......if theo takes the cubs to the WS in the next 4-5 years, he would be a genius here in chicago....he took over a team that was a hot mess...

So is KC SS a power hitting SS? Compared to iggy, which you were doing, comparing KC to detroit, then he would be considered one.....i stand by my post....infante is NOT a power hitter...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You believe what you want to believe, can tell that you will. I give up, I shouldnt go around and around with this...think I will get off this ride...getting dizzy.

Good Luck, the odds are with the Dodgers and Tigers to get a Ring as the other big spenders. They are both due.

Maybe the Royals take another step forward, to not be at the bottom of the team payrolls for the 3rd year in a row will payoff.

Youre like a broken record always crying about payroll....your owner shouldnt be so cheap....teams like oakland and TB dont let payroll keep them out of the playoffs..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let see, Infante bats .330 in last 42 games and thats not "getting" hot...guess he's a .330 type hitter in your world lol...if anyone got HOT, the career .279 hitter hitting .330 is hotter than a career .262 hitter hitting .285.....who is spinning as well as throwing in just garbage opinion...most everyone else on the planet knows who was "hot"...

as you will see by infante's games per season, Boni will be playing at least 1/3 of the year and they will produce very similar...one with more HR/RBI and one with more R/SB...defense is a wash.....you keep putting your twist on it and Infante will be a 8 time all star and Boni will be out of baseball in like 3 more of your posts.

.279 career hitter against .262 hitter, one injury prone, one with power one with speed both going into a larger stadium...yep...still sticking with it after looking at the facts.

Notice you say "one with power one with speed" thats not comparing them.....thats saying one player is a power hitter and one is a speed player......infante is a fastball hitting machine with little power....hits alot of line drives. Wonder what you would of considered raturd when he was our 2B.....having babe ruth power compared to boni i guess....

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice you say "one with power one with speed" thats not comparing them.....thats saying one player is a power hitter and one is a speed player......infante is a fastball hitting machine with little power....hits alot of line drives. Wonder what you would of considered raturd when he was our 2B.....having babe ruth power compared to boni i guess....

lol, yes your correct, if comparing the two, which thats all thats been the reason they have been talked about, one players strength over the other...one has power and one has speed...good job.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre like a broken record always crying about payroll....your owner shouldnt be so cheap....teams like oakland and TB dont let payroll keep them out of the playoffs..

fair enough, excited to see what its like to not have the lowest payroll...already one season above .500..who knows how this one will go.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He went from worst to WS is 3 years".........wasnt detroits worst year where they lost 120 games in 03? They went to WS in 06......where did i say he went from 1st yr to WS? He took a team in 3 yrs and took them from worst to WS like i said....

What does theo epstein having a ring have to do with the cubs? You stated IF DD wins a WS he would be great....i said....he already won one....what do the tigers as a team have to do with DD and being good/great? Hes already won a WS....him and theo are considered good/great GM's......if theo takes the cubs to the WS in the next 4-5 years, he would be a genius here in chicago....he took over a team that was a hot mess...

So is KC SS a power hitting SS? Compared to iggy, which you were doing, comparing KC to detroit, then he would be considered one.....i stand by my post....infante is NOT a power hitter...

Agree if Theo does get one in Chicago, he would be a genius...and thank you for making my point, If DD does it with a team who when he got them lost 106 and 119 in his first two years (the Cubs aren't much of a different mess)...then he would be great....thank you Theo Cubs same as DD Tigers circa 2002...they can be compared on a much even playing field.

I agree with you if you are refering to infante not being a power hitter in baseball. In comparision of who is a better choice between Boni/Infante...again the differences still are age, contract, Boni speed, Infante power...go figure still hasn't changed.

fair enough, esky has power and speed compared to iggy, your right

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree if Theo does get one in Chicago, he would be a genius...and thank you for making my point, If DD does it with a team who when he got them lost 106 and 119 in his first two years (the Cubs aren't much of a different mess)...then he would be great....thank you Theo Cubs same as DD Tigers circa 2002...they can be compared on a much even playing field.

I agree with you if you are refering to infante not being a power hitter in baseball. In comparision of who is a better choice between Boni/Infante...again the differences still are age, contract, Boni speed, Infante power...go figure still hasn't changed.

fair enough, esky has power and speed compared to iggy, your right

I never said theo had to win the WS....I said take them there, just like DD did in 2006.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spartys in town tonight....debating on going....pretty easy to get any NW ticket.....but sparty could be without payne and dawson....still should win...no more princeton offense....

Glad wisky lost.....now wisky and scUM play this weekend....one of the scrubs gotta lose....most likely the team beating up on the big 10 cellar dwellers...