• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good rebound win in OU for KU; not perfect or anything, but much needed prior to a matchup with rival KSU who is not far removed from beating the real tOSU.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name all these tiger fans that put their foot in their mouth......dougie? Vice? And????????

Nevertrustme and 3 others off the top of my head that no point in naming to keep stirring the pot sure there is more.

Royals fans stick their foots in their mouths at the end of every year when they say.....wait til next year.....or the GM putting his foot in his mouth talking about it feels like we won the WS.

Tigers fans have actually said it more, any time any team feels they have a shot at a WS ring, more fans talk about and say it. Much, much fewer Royals fans if any.. Tigers since 06 and Royals since 11, sell that to the Tigers board

But yeah....your tiger hatred has been shown on a daily basis. Its cool, i hate the white sox........maybe once KC gets good and challenges for something, ill hate them too.

cute, you just happen to jump on the thread to show what "love"..."once the Tigers win a ring they will actually be great" I see your point..

lets see Nevertrustme is a homer because..

..DD is always great and doesn't do anything wrong...but pointing out he could have gotten a defensive SS and kept a good bat is tiger hating. Trading Fister and not get 1 very good RP and maybe 2 (washington has a bunch and didn't have to give up any, let alone other teams), again tiger hating because a non tiger fan said it, also just goes to show Washinton, Oak, Stl, SF, TB and even Boston (who won a WS in what a few years after getting a new GM from what last to first) has a better GM DD is at best 6th or about where the tigers tend to finish the last 3 seasons. Also his propensity to oversell anything Tiger Team or Player...latest great example of tons that could be used...mentioning a Cy young winner in the same assesment as some minorleaguer not even a top 5 washinton prospects..insuating that they have the same abilities while failing to mention the more unlike characteristics to show only tigers in a "good light"

will give you my assesments just like last year (I was off by one..hosmer was not better than Fielder, they were almost identical in statistical value at the end of the year)

Perez>Avila - crushed
Miggy>Hosmer - crushed
Kinsler>Infante/Boni - crushed, listed both because Infante can't make it a full season
Escobar>Julio - Esky will get green light on SBs, Escy average will go up, Julio's will go down
Moose=Nick - no idea, coin flip
OF Royals>Tigers - Aoki addition, hunter a year older, could come down to Cain vs Dirks.
SP Tigers>Royals - lost Fister, lost Santana only improbable chance is Ventura/Duffy blow up
RP Royals>Tigers - 39 yr old RP and no set up men, SPs need to go 8 innings all year

Compared to last years opening day lineups, Tigers look like they took a step back overall and Royals broke even but both teams will come down to 4 players Nick/Dirks and Ventura/Duffy. Those 4 will be both teams MVPs...how good the worst player on the team is actually most teams MVP's, ask Ted Williams, errr through a medium.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, even with Nevertrustme on ignore someone has to copy and paste his moronic statements, crap.....and a team who hasn't won a WS in what 31 years (if your using 30 years) its tough to listen to your BS hype how the Tigers team is great and DD is great...hell Washington's GM is better, let alone STL, SF, TB, OAK, Boston (how long did it take Bostons's GM to win a WS?) and it showed when he stole Fister for shit.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMEN -- agree 10000000000%. It really does crack me up that on one board i'm considered "a homer", because I talk about all of the positives the Tigers have done over the years, though I am critical of them as well, though much less than the Lions. Yet on the Lions board -- I'm Mr. Negative, when in reality, the majority of the time, I'm just stating the obvious. When the Lions finish the year 1-6 after starting 6-3 and TP comes on and says the Lions have the best OL in football -- I can't sit back and not comment. That is comment Dougie would make about the Tigers being the best team in baseball, even when they just got knocked out of the playoffs.

I am a die hard fan of the Tigers and the Lions. The two teams are on polar opposites of the spectrum though. The Tigers are winning their division and making runs in the playoffs. The Lions can't get out of their own way and thankfully they got rid of their coach, who lets the players do whatever they wanted, while blowing game after game with penalties, fumbles, interceptions, etc.

I respect TP's enthusiasm for the Lions, but if you read his posts -- you'd think the Lions were a dynasty with multiple super bowls in a row and not a franchise who has 1 playoff win in 50+ years.

lol, took you off ignore since I saw so many chirps with your name on and couldn't read them....THANK YOU for making me laugh....of course you AGREE with a Tigers fan that says he LIKES you....wow, too funny...no shit...I even say thats all you say is just the positives about the tigers....thats being a HOMER...using and twisting it to look like tigers players are better than they are..again HOMER...your Dougie with numbers....just your last example of many, mANy examples..mentioning Max in the same assesment against Washingtons 7th or 8th best prospect...now go around and say that about other teams 7th ranked prospects...off the top of my head, Tim Cooney from STL is 6th and a better person to be assessed with Max in the same breath.

Sure that all tigers fans love your "assesments" keep the "Tiger hype" numbers on the Tiger board then....they are all positive and not bias or impartial at all....only Haters mention any negative parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mentioning Max in the same assesment against Washingtons 7th or 8th best prospect...now go around and say that about other teams 7th ranked prospects...off the top of my head, Tim Cooney from STL is 6th and a better person to be assessed with Max in the same breath.

PLEASE tell me what is wrong with saying Robbie Ray has the same issues that Max Scherzer had prior to coming to Detroit?

NOWHERE did I say they were comparable or that Robbie Ray would turn into Max Scherzer. The ONLY thing I said was -- maybe because they were able to fix Scherzer's issues with his delivery, they feel they can do the same for Robbie Ray.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, even with Nevertrustme on ignore someone has to copy and paste his moronic statements, crap.....and a team who hasn't won a WS in what 31 years (if your using 30 years) its tough to listen to your BS hype how the Tigers team is great and DD is great...hell Washington's GM is better, let alone STL, SF, TB, OAK, Boston (how long did it take Bostons's GM to win a WS?) and it showed when he stole Fister for shit.

Would you like a tissue dabums to wipe away the tears? No need to get bent out of shape. Just think -- you guys have Dayton Moore as your GM. Maybe he will throw the team a ticker tape parade if they finish in 2nd place next year after comparing a 3rd place finish to winning a world series.:laugh3:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me sticking my foot in my mouth, is EXACTLY what I learned from Tigers fans. So many tigers fans have proven over and over again how well that works out. I screwed up by doing the same thing.

I don't hate the tigers besides Avila and Ingleses since Fielder has left but some of their fans on the other hand.

My comment was also about a football game, just fyi

we can still trash talk in a thread about trash talking, I presume?

There are trash talkers which is fine but then theres you. You just hate on the tigers and their fans to the extreme, it gets old. Tigers fans cant say anything good about their very good team because then they are homers. You have guys like cleaves and miked on here who you call homers that are ridiculed on the lions board by the resident idiot for being too negative, so how can they be "homers" of one team and "negative, whiny bitches" of another detroit team. It doesnt make any sense. What might make sense though is that the tigers are a great team so there is much good to talk about and the lions are not so there is much bad to talk about.

Cleaves, I also got my ass handed to me when I said they would get whupped by the eagles and when I said they had many weaknesses and were not a legit playoff contender over there. Some people will never change over there and will always look like idiots, they have no credibility. Theres enough people over there that knows what is going on. Imagine if they were actively on here, dabums would have a stroke.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't that nobody thought MSU's defense wasn't going to be good. Nobody thought MSU's offense would be able to score enough to win games as they didn't know who was going to be QB or RB. No one questioned the defense. MSU's offense is what put them over the top this year, as there defense was as good as advertised and their QB settled in nicely and actually looked really good at the end of the year, sans a couple bonehead throws (but he is young).

You have to have superior man coverage defensive backs to run the defense MSU ran the last two years and that is what they had with Johnny Adams and Marqeze Dennard in 2012 and Marqueze Dennard in 2013. When you can put 9 in the box and dare teams to try and beat you deep -- it basically takes one aspect completely away from another team.

I have no doubt MSU will attempt to run the same style of defense, but when you lose the Thorpe winner, you are going to be hurting to replace him. Dennard was the poster boy of what a cover corner in the college football should be. He was physical and got away with a ton of clutching and grabbing, which they let go in college. That is the part that scares me about him, as I've seen him going to the Lions in quite a few mocks. The physical play they let go in college is flagged in the NFL's pass happy league. So he will have some adjusting to get used to. I'd still love to have him on Detroit though, as he'd be better than anything we have right now. LOL

Waynes is already better than adams ever was....when we lost adams, nobody expected dennard to become the thorpe award winner...all im saying is, sure dennard is great, but waynes will fill in and do the job needed...theres no way narduzzi changes his scheme....sparty has reloaded on defense.....thats one thing dantonio can recruit....they dont have to be 5 star recruits....he finds the guys who fit his system.....dennard was a 2 star recruit.....you got to coach your players up, not down like hoke does.....coach D takes 2-3 stars and turns them into 4-5 star players....hoke takes 5 stars and turns them into 2-3 star players......

Calhoun, waynes, and drummond will be studs next year....and i believe taiwan jones will continue to be solid....plus i believe one youngster comes out of nowhere and becomes a stud.....our defense will be fine...our offense will be so much better....almost same offense is coming back....we lose a few OL but our freshman tackle was great this year...the question is......is what to do with damion terry.....WR? Cuz cook has the QB position locked up for the next 2 yrs.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cute, you just happen to jump on the thread to show what "love"..."once the Tigers win a ring they will actually be great" I see your point..

lets see Nevertrustme is a homer because..

..DD is always great and doesn't do anything wrong...but pointing out he could have gotten a defensive SS and kept a good bat is tiger hating. Trading Fister and not get 1 very good RP and maybe 2 (washington has a bunch and didn't have to give up any, let alone other teams), again tiger hating because a non tiger fan said it, also just goes to show Washinton, Oak, Stl, SF, TB and even Boston (who won a WS in what a few years after getting a new GM from what last to first) has a better GM DD is at best 6th or about where the tigers tend to finish the last 3 seasons. Also his propensity to oversell anything Tiger Team or Player...latest great example of tons that could be used...mentioning a Cy young winner in the same assesment as some minorleaguer not even a top 5 washinton prospects..insuating that they have the same abilities while failing to mention the more unlike characteristics to show only tigers in a "good light"

will give you my assesments just like last year (I was off by one..hosmer was not better than Fielder, they were almost identical in statistical value at the end of the year)

Perez>Avila - crushed
Miggy>Hosmer - crushed
Kinsler>Infante/Boni - crushed, listed both because Infante can't make it a full season
Escobar>Julio - Esky will get green light on SBs, Escy average will go up, Julio's will go down
Moose=Nick - no idea, coin flip
OF Royals>Tigers - Aoki addition, hunter a year older, could come down to Cain vs Dirks.
SP Tigers>Royals - lost Fister, lost Santana only improbable chance is Ventura/Duffy blow up
RP Royals>Tigers - 39 yr old RP and no set up men, SPs need to go 8 innings all year

Compared to last years opening day lineups, Tigers look like they took a step back overall and Royals broke even but both teams will come down to 4 players Nick/Dirks and Ventura/Duffy. Those 4 will be both teams MVPs...how good the worst player on the team is actually most teams MVP's, ask Ted Williams, errr through a medium.

What about when you said bonafacio was equal or better than infante?

Also....wouldnt tigers starting pitching still crush the royals? Your hoping duffy/ventura blow up.....tigs have 2 cy young winners and sanchez....with smyly and porcello....there is no ifs.....

I dont see the royals OF better than detroits either....hunter a yr older? So....he had one of his best yrs last year...ill still take ajax over cain, who seems hurt alot lately....hopefully ajax wont be leading off......but its pretty close...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also....wouldnt tigers starting pitching still crush the royals? Your hoping duffy/ventura blow up.....tigs have 2 cy young winners and sanchez....with smyly and porcello....there is no ifs.....

I dont see the royals OF better than detroits either....hunter a yr older? So....he had one of his best yrs last year...ill still take ajax over cain, who seems hurt alot lately....hopefully ajax wont be leading off......but its pretty close...

You sure about that? Detroit's OF is below average. Trout owns the Tigers (and yes, is roughly the same as the Royals... haha)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are trash talkers which is fine but then theres you. You just hate on the tigers and their fans to the extreme, it gets old. Tigers fans cant say anything good about their very good team because then they are homers. You have guys like cleaves and miked on here who you call homers that are ridiculed on the lions board by the resident idiot for being too negative, so how can they be "homers" of one team and "negative, whiny bitches" of another detroit team. It doesnt make any sense. What might make sense though is that the tigers are a great team so there is much good to talk about and the lions are not so there is much bad to talk about.

Cleaves, I also got my ass handed to me when I said they would get whupped by the eagles and when I said they had many weaknesses and were not a legit playoff contender over there. Some people will never change over there and will always look like idiots, they have no credibility. Theres enough people over there that knows what is going on. Imagine if they were actively on here, dabums would have a stroke.

Yeah i seen where u said that about the eagles.....i figured the eagles would throw all over us and win....then i seen it snowing and thought we had a chance.....then they just ran all over us.....i remember telling them that we were going to lose to both pitt and the giants when some fans were looking ahead and just giving us wins because of the teams record....i said it out loud....there was no way detroit goes into pitt and wins....

Now if it was the 90's im sure we would be talking about the tigers like we do the lions now.....but like i say.....fans of some other teams just like to hide their teams shortcomings by saying the tigers suck just because they dont win a WS.....id rather have my team in the playoffs then missing them year after year after year after.....

Look at twins fans....they were on top for awhile....now they fell off....had some bad years....but i know they will make it back to the post season again....im pretty sure it wont be 25 years from now......and im sure if they finish in 3rd place, their GM wont say something like....it feels like we won the WS.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torii Hunter had a 2.1 WAR last year. It was not one of his best years.

Even if you're talking about just offense, you'd still be wrong. He batted .304/.334/.465 with a 114 OPS+ and 117 wRC+ in 2013. It was the 2nd highest BA of his career, but that's about it. His OBPs and SLG% each ranked 8th among his seasons in the majors and were in line with his career averages (.335 OBP, .466 SLG%). He has a career 111 wRC+ and his 117 ranks 5th among his seasons.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope I'm not jumping the gun too early but...

Dougy, the Sharks are taking the Wings to the woodshed right now.

man you guys became irrelevant quick.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.285 ave 21r 0hr 11rbi 16sb vs .330ave 15r 4hr 24rb 1 sb...42 games...yes, Infante ended up winning. Infante did have a great last 42 games compared to the rest of the season. Boni made it close, just didn't think Infante would hit or even play enough (speaking of Cain's injury problems) over the last 42 games. Of course I got the same shit about picking Hosmer over or equal to Fielder, that one worked out better.

The Tigers SP do crush the Royals SPs....but if some "andrew luck" bounce and duffy/ventura is our only saving grace to win the ERA title again after the loss of Santana's miraculous season.

So because you take AJackkkks over Cain/Dyson/Maxwell, the Tigers OF is better? so are you saying Gordon/Aoki is equal to Dirks/Hunter....ok, guess your completely unbiased there.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE tell me what is wrong with saying Robbie Ray has the same issues that Max Scherzer had prior to coming to Detroit?

NOWHERE did I say they were comparable or that Robbie Ray would turn into Max Scherzer. The ONLY thing I said was -- maybe because they were able to fix Scherzer's issues with his delivery, they feel they can do the same for Robbie Ray.

A large percentage of the pitchers in the minors have the same issues you listed. To even mention a Cy Young pitcher in a discussion about him is just trying to sell the trade as a great trade for the Tigers and give them false hope that they possibly just got another Max S. Definately that wouldn't be laughed at on the Tigers board but the rest of the world?

give you examples

Ventura has the same make up as David Cone
Duffy has the same build and make up of Clayton Kershaw

tell me how amazing those two "views" are and if I posted those up and tried to get people to believe them. No different

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you like a tissue dabums to wipe away the tears? No need to get bent out of shape. Just think -- you guys have Dayton Moore as your GM. Maybe he will throw the team a ticker tape parade if they finish in 2nd place next year after comparing a 3rd place finish to winning a world series.:laugh3:

lol, coming from a team who continues to finish 3rd to 5th and throwing WS parades, I know you understand...how again did Boston's GM win a WS so fast with the same payroll as the Tigers?

Top 6 teams with highest payroll, what 8 WS rings, Dodgers and Tigers the only two without them. So to actually have a top budget and access to build any team you want...that goes directly on the GM.

Dayton was able to get a team back to a winning record with the lowest budget in the majors, DD was able to do it with one of the top budgets in baseball (still took him 9 years). Makes you wonder how would play out if spots reversed. Funny, it must be DD is a great evaluator of talent...ummm ignore his drafting record and developing of players but he sure knows how to get guys other teams can't afford (will say Max was the exception)