• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, the Chiefs are approaching Cubs status among NFL teams. Eight straight playoff losses? The Lions atleast spare their fans of being trolled.

You must not tune into lions playoff games. They get embarrassed every time they play. The last two I can remember are 2011 (they were the 2010 chiefs) and way back in 95 when they got destroyed by the eagles. Its almost better to see them miss the playoffs.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me sticking my foot in my mouth, is EXACTLY what I learned from Tigers fans. So many tigers fans have proven over and over again how well that works out. I screwed up by doing the same thing.

I don't hate the tigers besides Avila and Ingleses since Fielder has left but some of their fans on the other hand.

My comment was also about a football game, just fyi

we can still trash talk in a thread about trash talking, I presume?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleves...little brother has a couple years of good times. although iam surprised you didn't even mentioned how bama just wiped you up in the bowl game.
you forget all the years of Michigan greatness. this is just a little lull in the greatness now.

iam sure nevamind will jump back on the bandwagon soon.
its about history and tradition at AA. not winning in short burst and then going out and burning aunties couch.

Couple of years? 5 out of 6? Rose bowl champs? We will be good again next year.....we lose big names, but its a system....you seen how we played without max....then last year we lost johnny adams and dennard stepped in and won the thorpe award....look for trey waynes to blow up next year filling in for dennard.....cook, langford, our WR's, shilique, waynes, drummond......we will be OK.....I seen scUM isnt on the early top 25 list.....what a mediocre program......they do have an ohio st schedule next year....scUM will win 8-9 games next year thankfully saving hokes job.....i dont kno if i like hoke or rich rod better....rich rod could score but couldnt stop us....hokes teams cant score TD's on us.....29-6

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of that happened on cBS but you can still see some of that here...

Outside of dougie and vice, i didnt see anyone predicting the tigers would win the WS....Win the central? Yes....be a WS contender? Yes......but most people know once the playoffs start, its a crap shoot....i thought texas was the best team 2 yrs ago when they lost the WC game...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and TP are one in the same. Just come from different angles, but same type of poster. Both make very ambiguous statements. Then argue for hours how other poster is a moron... gets old like Iffy making you scroll through the threads to get to real topic at hand.... good enough???

I dont mind trustmeimright.....i remember him as mikeD......most fans on the lions boards dont care for him because hes critical of the team. Then in baseball, fans of other teams thinks hes a homer because of his tiger views.....but if you think about it, the tigers are good....he says good things about them....lions were 4-12 and he said bad things and fans got mad...but most of the time i dont have issues with him.....just when he brings up sparty vs UM...... But he even did a thread to eat crow last year for that one.

TP irritates me because he sees no bad in the lions....every player we pick up or draft is great....remember the mike thomas prediction earlier this year? Then if you argue with him, a certain member always comes to his aid it seems...which makes page after page of arguing....i was told i knew nothing along with muzzer, but yet we were the only 2 to pick the lions to go 7-9.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of dougie and vice, i didnt see anyone predicting the tigers would win the WS....Win the central? Yes....be a WS contender? Yes......but most people know once the playoffs start, its a crap shoot....i thought texas was the best team 2 yrs ago when they lost the WC game...

Well, I didn't write down everyones name who acted like it was a done deal so I guess i'll just say ok you're right...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not tune into lions playoff games. They get embarrassed every time they play. The last two I can remember are 2011 (they were the 2010 chiefs) and way back in 95 when they got destroyed by the eagles. Its almost better to see them miss the playoffs.

I can remember ray crocket taking it the distance and backing into the end zone vs dallas....but i also remember sterling sharpe running wide open for the winning TD also. The eagles game? Man did mitchell blow that one.

The lions better not hire munchak....thats where shitz came from....plus he just got fired...kubiak also...

Even tho any hire is an upgrade....heres hoping whisenhunt gets it. Knowing the lions, they will try and get hoke....

Hey dougie? Is hoke doing OK? Heard he had a few too many.....wings that is....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be good again next year.....we lose big names, but its a system....you seen how we played without max....then last year we lost johnny adams and dennard stepped in and won the thorpe award....look for trey waynes to blow up next year filling in for dennard

I love ya Cleaves, but MSU's defense won't be anywhere near as good as they were this year in 2014. The reason MSU's defense was so good is because of their CB play. MSU could put 9 in the box and leave their CBs on an island and force teams to beat them with big plays. They are losing their best CB and the Thorpe winner for best CB in the NCAA in Dennard, they are losing the leader of the defense in Bullogh. They are losing the leading tackler on defense in Denicos Allen, as well as their best safety and half their DL.

MSU will still be good, but it will be because of their offense in 2014. If their QB continues to progress and they have the majority of their weapons back -- they will be a much more solid unit.

The defense will still be solid, but this year's defense was the best I've seen outside of the 1997 Michigan team. No way they are that good again next year. Too many players are graduating.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me sticking my foot in my mouth, is EXACTLY what I learned from Tigers fans. So many tigers fans have proven over and over again how well that works out. I screwed up by doing the same thing.

I don't hate the tigers besides Avila and Ingleses since Fielder has left but some of their fans on the other hand.

My comment was also about a football game, just fyi

we can still trash talk in a thread about trash talking, I presume?

Name all these tiger fans that put their foot in their mouth......dougie? Vice? And????????

Royals fans stick their foots in their mouths at the end of every year when they say.....wait til next year.....or the GM putting his foot in his mouth talking about it feels like we won the WS.

But yeah....your tiger hatred has been shown on a daily basis. Its cool, i hate the white sox........maybe once KC gets good and challenges for something, ill hate them too.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind trustmeimright.....i remember him as mikeD......most fans on the lions boards dont care for him because hes critical of the team. Then in baseball, fans of other teams thinks hes a homer because of his tiger views.....but if you think about it, the tigers are good....he says good things about them....lions were 4-12 and he said bad things and fans got mad...but most of the time i dont have issues with him.....just when he brings up sparty vs UM...... But he even did a thread to eat crow last year for that one.

TP irritates me because he sees no bad in the lions....every player we pick up or draft is great....remember the mike thomas prediction earlier this year? Then if you argue with him, a certain member always comes to his aid it seems...which makes page after page of arguing....i was told i knew nothing along with muzzer, but yet we were the only 2 to pick the lions to go 7-9.

AMEN -- agree 10000000000%. It really does crack me up that on one board i'm considered "a homer", because I talk about all of the positives the Tigers have done over the years, though I am critical of them as well, though much less than the Lions. Yet on the Lions board -- I'm Mr. Negative, when in reality, the majority of the time, I'm just stating the obvious. When the Lions finish the year 1-6 after starting 6-3 and TP comes on and says the Lions have the best OL in football -- I can't sit back and not comment. That is comment Dougie would make about the Tigers being the best team in baseball, even when they just got knocked out of the playoffs.

I am a die hard fan of the Tigers and the Lions. The two teams are on polar opposites of the spectrum though. The Tigers are winning their division and making runs in the playoffs. The Lions can't get out of their own way and thankfully they got rid of their coach, who lets the players do whatever they wanted, while blowing game after game with penalties, fumbles, interceptions, etc.

I respect TP's enthusiasm for the Lions, but if you read his posts -- you'd think the Lions were a dynasty with multiple super bowls in a row and not a franchise who has 1 playoff win in 50+ years.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah....your tiger hatred has been shown on a daily basis. Its cool, i hate the white sox........maybe once KC gets good and challenges for something, ill hate them too.

Yep -- well said. When a team hasn't made the playoffs in almost 30 years -- it is tough to dislike them.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ya Cleaves, but MSU's defense won't be anywhere near as good as they were this year in 2014. The reason MSU's defense was so good is because of their CB play. MSU could put 9 in the box and leave their CBs on an island and force teams to beat them with big plays. They are losing their best CB and the Thorpe winner for best CB in the NCAA in Dennard, they are losing the leader of the defense in Bullogh. They are losing the leading tackler on defense in Denicos Allen, as well as their best safety and half their DL.

MSU will still be good, but it will be because of their offense in 2014. If their QB continues to progress and they have the majority of their weapons back -- they will be a much more solid unit.

The defense will still be solid, but this year's defense was the best I've seen outside of the 1997 Michigan team. No way they are that good again next year. Too many players are graduating.

There you go......nobody thought we were gonna be this good this year.....dennard came out of nowhere replacing adams.......we lost william gholston too.....leveon bell........deon sims......

Trey waynes will fill in the way dennard did for adams......the DL will be great reynolds, calhoun, knox, and rush to name a few....LB's will be leaving...but taiwan jones...shane jones(redshirted), and many young studs.....drummond is a stud at safety....its a system.....players will step in and play....look at what ellsworth did.....with the players sparty lost last year, nobody gave them a chance this year...

You will see.....mark it now.....trey waynes will be pretty good....he was only a soph this year.....i believe drummond was a soph too....heard they might move bulloughs brother back to LB. But yeah.....we got some LB's stashed away we recruited the last few years....im still waiting for lawrence thomas to live up to his rating...

No worse than 9 wins next year.....at worse...we do get oregon early....so we will see where the defense is.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMEN -- agree 10000000000%. It really does crack me up that on one board i'm considered "a homer", because I talk about all of the positives the Tigers have done over the years, though I am critical of them as well, though much less than the Lions. Yet on the Lions board -- I'm Mr. Negative, when in reality, the majority of the time, I'm just stating the obvious. When the Lions finish the year 1-6 after starting 6-3 and TP comes on and says the Lions have the best OL in football -- I can't sit back and not comment. That is comment Dougie would make about the Tigers being the best team in baseball, even when they just got knocked out of the playoffs.

I am a die hard fan of the Tigers and the Lions. The two teams are on polar opposites of the spectrum though. The Tigers are winning their division and making runs in the playoffs. The Lions can't get out of their own way and thankfully they got rid of their coach, who lets the players do whatever they wanted, while blowing game after game with penalties, fumbles, interceptions, etc.

I respect TP's enthusiasm for the Lions, but if you read his posts -- you'd think the Lions were a dynasty with multiple super bowls in a row and not a franchise who has 1 playoff win in 50+ years.

Yup i agree.....and many of us stated the lions needed DB's last year.....but we were told about all the GREAT young CB's we had....this team was 2CB's, an OLB, a WR and a coach away from being a serious contender....thats why i said next yr would be their year to seriously compete before this year started.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep -- well said. When a team hasn't made the playoffs in almost 30 years -- it is tough to dislike them.

All you can do when your team is that bad, is rub in how other teams didnt win it all.....and become a fan of the team the team you hate is playing....i remember the 90's playoffs....rooting for whoever was playing vs the yanks.....thats why when philly and TB played, i barely watched....didnt like or hate the teams.

Im just happy the tigers are good and i can root for them come playoff time.....hell even the lions have made the playoffs numerous times since KC last made it in baseball.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy shit...i know you guys heard about bobby bowdens grandson.......my cousins brother in law was the driver.....at least her husband had just seen him for xmas for the first time in a couple years. Messed their xmas right up.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go......nobody thought we were gonna be this good this year.....dennard came out of nowhere replacing adams.......we lost william gholston too.....leveon bell........deon sims......

Trey waynes will fill in the way dennard did for adams......the DL will be great reynolds, calhoun, knox, and rush to name a few....LB's will be leaving...but taiwan jones...shane jones(redshirted), and many young studs.....drummond is a stud at safety....its a system.....players will step in and play....look at what ellsworth did.....with the players sparty lost last year, nobody gave them a chance this year...

You will see.....mark it now.....trey waynes will be pretty good....he was only a soph this year.....i believe drummond was a soph too....heard they might move bulloughs brother back to LB. But yeah.....we got some LB's stashed away we recruited the last few years....im still waiting for lawrence thomas to live up to his rating...

No worse than 9 wins next year.....at worse...we do get oregon early....so we will see where the defense is.

It isn't that nobody thought MSU's defense wasn't going to be good. Nobody thought MSU's offense would be able to score enough to win games as they didn't know who was going to be QB or RB. No one questioned the defense. MSU's offense is what put them over the top this year, as there defense was as good as advertised and their QB settled in nicely and actually looked really good at the end of the year, sans a couple bonehead throws (but he is young).

You have to have superior man coverage defensive backs to run the defense MSU ran the last two years and that is what they had with Johnny Adams and Marqeze Dennard in 2012 and Marqueze Dennard in 2013. When you can put 9 in the box and dare teams to try and beat you deep -- it basically takes one aspect completely away from another team.

I have no doubt MSU will attempt to run the same style of defense, but when you lose the Thorpe winner, you are going to be hurting to replace him. Dennard was the poster boy of what a cover corner in the college football should be. He was physical and got away with a ton of clutching and grabbing, which they let go in college. That is the part that scares me about him, as I've seen him going to the Lions in quite a few mocks. The physical play they let go in college is flagged in the NFL's pass happy league. So he will have some adjusting to get used to. I'd still love to have him on Detroit though, as he'd be better than anything we have right now. LOL

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3