• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Spartan1Nation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroits weaknesses are IF defense and your bullpen. It's very hard to get through the playoffs with a sketchy bullpen. If they can make some acquisitions they could really set themselves up well. Unfortunately Jesse Crain may be the best reliever on the market, and Chicago may not want to deal with Detroit.

Obviously it was pretty tough for your team to get through the entire season last year without choking a huge lead away

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But i agree baseball is like hockey. The hot team wins the WS. just like the last few years when the giants and cards won.

It is also about teams well equipped for the playoffs. The giants with their pitching were pretty solid, especially in 2010. And they were hot.

The cards are perfectly set for october baseball especially this year. Loads of pitching and a great lineup that doesn't need a bunch of long balls(Yankees in past, braves this year). They hit for average and drive in runs.

Tigers while they lost in the World Series and ALCS last two years are built pretty similar. Great offense but doesnt need the long ball that may not be there. Plus Miggy can hit out anything. And a 4 man rotation that trumps almost all in a series. Bullpen is meh, but maybe not needed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down??? Usually when someone posts a :lol: and a :laugh3: it means they are laughing... You to slow to understand that? Of course they didn't spend the entire off season sucking off the Rangers... The Rangers blew one of the biggest leads ever to the A's and got beat in the Wildcard game... Did you expect anyone to fall all over them? And blowing that huge lead wasn't enough for them last year... They already blew another one to the A's again this year... A's fans must be laughing at you :suds:

I prefer the media not blow my team. They're almost always wrong.

And check the standings dick nuts. Rangers in first place in the ALW and second best record in the AL despite a slew of injuries. Yeah, lol at the rangers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it was pretty tough for your team to get through the entire season last year without choking a huge lead away

It was easier than it must've been watching Detroit get their asses swept in the WS. Talk about total domination. How embarrassing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why the AL Central is bashed so hard. Sure, it's not the AL East but only the White Sox truly suck.

Right now the Twins, Indians and Royals are all better baseball teams than the bottom 3 in the West.

The West has two at the top but the A's are streaky so we'll see where they end up. Give me the Twins and Royals over the Angels and Mariners right now easy.

I truly believe the A's come back to earth in the second half. They've had a very favorable schedule and its going to get much tougher after the all star break. They're still a good team, and will be contending for a WC spot, but their record indicates they're better than they really are.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant top 3 teams in AL

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on!!! WHAT does last year have to do with NOW. Dumbest thing in the world to argue (or even mention) lasts years playoff results...or when a team last won a World Series. It has zero to do with what occurs today! Want to bash a team for their shortcoming they have NOW....do it...go wild with it. But what a team did or didn't do last year will not affect the outcome of today's games....and I want to stress this....it will NOT PREDICT WHAT A TEAM WILL DO FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON!!!!

I flip a coin 9 times and each time it comes up heads. What is the percentage that it will come up tails on the 10th flip?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why they went to the WS last year and they werent dominant. The giants won the WS but they are anything but dominant.

Butthurt? Really? So lame shan-0

Just giving you facts, Tigs aren't dominant. Not close really. U mad?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane...could you do me (and yourself) a favor. Check with your parents and/or doctor on why you have a fixation about your butt and anus....or perhaps even more disturbing....OTHER people's butts and anus. It just might be an adolescent hangup, or a search for your sexual identity....but maybe you have deeper issues to deal with. Good luck.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is also about teams well equipped for the playoffs. The giants with their pitching were pretty solid, especially in 2010. And they were hot.

The cards are perfectly set for october baseball especially this year. Loads of pitching and a great lineup that doesn't need a bunch of long balls(Yankees in past, braves this year). They hit for average and drive in runs.

Tigers while they lost in the World Series and ALCS last two years are built pretty similar. Great offense but doesnt need the long ball that may not be there. Plus Miggy can hit out anything. And a 4 man rotation that trumps almost all in a series. Bullpen is meh, but maybe not needed.

Very nice post. Thing is once the WS gets here, the last 2 times the tigs went last year and 06, the hitting went cold, and the pitching defense in 06. Thats the only thing with the tigers bats, when it gets cold, so does their bats. No speed to manufacture a run.

I love how people keep saying you need a bullpen to go somewhere. Detroits BP was a mess last year. Valverde lost his job in the playoffs. Phil coke stepped up and we all know he sucks. In the playoffs, with so few games, the BP doesnt scare me outside of needing someone to close a game in the clinching game of the WS. its a game by game season in the playoffs. Me myself i dont mind our BP now that valverde is gone. Wish coke would be sent packing. Smyly and benoit are solid. Alberquerque and villareal have proved they got good stuff. Just need to tweak their wildness.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, if porcello is not traded, he will be in the BP in the playoffs

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on!!! WHAT does last year have to do with NOW. Dumbest thing in the world to argue (or even mention) lasts years playoff results...or when a team last won a World Series. It has zero to do with what occurs today! Want to bash a team for their shortcoming they have NOW....do it...go wild with it. But what a team did or didn't do last year will not affect the outcome of today's games....and I want to stress this....it will NOT PREDICT WHAT A TEAM WILL DO FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON!!!!

I flip a coin 9 times and each time it comes up heads. What is the percentage that it will come up tails on the 10th flip?

Exactly. Always easy to see who lacks knowledge when they resort to that kind of small minded trash talking.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroits weaknesses are IF defense and your bullpen. It's very hard to get through the playoffs with a sketchy bullpen. If they can make some acquisitions they could really set themselves up well. Unfortunately Jesse Crain may be the best reliever on the market, and Chicago may not want to deal with Detroit.

Scroll back a few pages. In chicago tribune last week, they had an article about trading crain. Hes a FA at the end of the year. They can trade him to tigers and get a prospect, and he could always come back to chicago. They didnt rule out trading crain to any al central team since he is their best trading piece and a FA at years end.

Crain or papelbon would make me happy. But if we get paps, its all or nuthin since we would have to pay him 11 mil a year. Me myself would love to pull crain for crosby and collins. 2 players the sox had on a list of candidates. Cuz smyly is not going anywhere.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane...could you do me (and yourself) a favor. Check with your parents and/or doctor on why you have a fixation about your butt and anus....or perhaps even more disturbing....OTHER people's butts and anus. It just might be an adolescent hangup, or a search for your sexual identity....but maybe you have deeper issues to deal with. Good luck.

Don't take it literally, unless you want to. You will find ghey Tig fans out thar somewhere, shit just go to the Tig board. :pound:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the media not blow my team. They're almost always wrong.

And check the standings dick nuts. Rangers in first place in the ALW and second best record in the AL despite a slew of injuries. Yeah, lol at the rangers.

Werent they the best team ALL season last year til the last few weeks? Then they ended up in WC and BOOM one game and youre going home.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy can't talk sports, just talks shit. Most pathetic Tig fans do the same, but they are the GREATEST team ever. :lol:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not greatest, just much better than the injuns.....and once the 162 game season is done, once again they will be far ahead of the injuns.....

So why would i be mad? Whos looking up at whos ass? Ive seen my teams win. Must be hard NEVER seeing your team win a title. None! Welcome to cleveland sports.

Now go ahead and give us a butt joke. Do you like boobies too shan-0-mac?

Shitty fingaz!!!!!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy can't talk sports, just talks shit. Most pathetic Tig fans do the same, but they are the GREATEST team ever. :lol:

And all shan-0-mac can talk about is fingering booties!!!!!!!

Smelly shitty fingaz!!!!!!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scroll back a few pages. In chicago tribune last week, they had an article about trading crain. Hes a FA at the end of the year. They can trade him to tigers and get a prospect, and he could always come back to chicago. They didnt rule out trading crain to any al central team since he is their best trading piece and a FA at years end.

Crain or papelbon would make me happy. But if we get paps, its all or nuthin since we would have to pay him 11 mil a year. Me myself would love to pull crain for crosby and collins. 2 players the sox had on a list of candidates. Cuz smyly is not going anywhere.

If the white sox will deal you Crain you're probably better off with him since he won't cost you nearly as much and I'm not a fan of giving much of a package for any reliever.