• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees only 2 1/2 back. Yankees never out of it son. never.

the Browns trade Richardson to the colts. awesome! I got him in fantasy (auto draft)
now he just has to get the stink of the browns off him and run the ball

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry just over heard ESPN on the stat. tired.. but seems like the Rays suck that bad.

side note.... did you see how Wisconsin got hosed in that game last week?????
how terrible was that call at the end of the game? those refs should never work a game again.terrible. they were robbed

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so. you deflect on Verlanders great ALDS and ALCS last year.
only one of the best ever. I mean ever.
He has had a average season..(for him). whichcan be made up for in the post season.

you haters will have to deal with it.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so. you deflect on Verlanders great ALDS and ALCS last year.
only one of the best ever. I mean ever.
He has had a average season..(for him). whichcan be made up for in the post season.

you haters will have to deal with it.

just so we are clear, last week you used Verlander's years of stats against the Royals, not just his last 6 starts against them..

Now you want to use 3 of Verlander's starts in the post season, not his last 3 nor any of his first what 7 but 3 that he happened to pitch against the worst hitting team he has EVER pitched against in any post season appearance...

Cool, I just wanted to be clear how to assess things. Fair Enough...then I will stick with Royals 10-9 against Tigers in 2013....Royals 5-1 in Verlander starts in 2013...I like the way you think Dougie.

and only "one of the best ever" of the pitchers on the team you root for....but hey, I like it.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Doug was wrong again.

Verlander loses to the Mighty M's

Verlander wasn't horrible, except when you consider it was against the worst-hitting team in the AL. The 3 walks really hurt him, but it really doesn't matter if your own team scores zero. Iwakuma was "on". Tigers shut out for the 12th time this season, I think. I believe their streaky hitting, even more than their middle relief, is going to be their downfall in the postseason.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind seeing the updates on vice, hes clearly insane and i think people should be well aware of that as he had some of us fooled. I saw him as a guy that was over the top in cbs glogs and a know it all on the tigers board but not iffyesque.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just so we are clear, last week you used Verlander's years of stats against the
Royals, not just his last 6 starts against them..

Now you want to use 3 of Verlander's starts in the post season, not his last 3 nor any of his first what 7 but 3 that he happened to pitch against the worst hitting team he has EVER pitched against in any post season appearance...

The ULTIMATE stat cherry-picker is ragging on someone for cherry-picking stats. Hello, black pot... meet kettle.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic number = FOUR !

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince is playing very well.....his avg getting right back up there......detroits 3-4-5 best on the planet...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ULTIMATE stat cherry-picker is ragging on someone for cherry-picking stats. Hello, black pot... meet kettle.

Now you are cherry picking the cherry picker who cherry picked the cherry picker

:laugh3:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

everyone "cherry picks" stats...unless someone actually lists them ALL....then its an insanely large post...

I post up an article that I read that says "top 10 hitters in august" the 2 top 10 lists they listed were 1 "top 10 when pitched a fastball" and a "top 10 when pitched off speed"...

everyone cries like I broke someone's leg, when I just reprinted the actual lists from the article....stats are and always have been subjective...and thats how WAR came about....Sabermetrics came about....and the next type of stats that will come out...all in an attempt to fair and balance all the stats there are...

Sorry Howie, but I am positive that your a kettle also...but hey, I am sure your more "fair and impartial" than anyone else.

If anyone would rather have Fielder over Hosmer, then they are not looking at all the stats (offense and defense), ages, contracts, heck I am sure there are other variables...but if you ask 30 GMs who they would take factoring in EVERYTHING, Hosmer would win the vote....just like everyone of those GM's would pick MIggy over anyone in the league right now.

If you don't think Dougie is the ULTIMATE cherry picker, then your just defending a fellow Tiger fan and not using your "fair and impartial" attribute.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't post any stats, at all. (Ricky's career Ws a stat?). So you're all cherry picking cherry pickers, aside from Nos, and Dougie of course.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Howie. And cleeves, and MikeD, and burf, and the late great MiamiVice, and OhioIsCaca, and laker, and any other name Vice and/or iffy posted under. (Solidarity)

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't post any stats, at all. (Ricky's career Ws a stat?). So you're all cherry picking cherry pickers, aside from Nos, and Dougie of course.

Oh how I agree, completely. not too many Tigers fans like to use some actual "basis" to support their "opinion"...:laugh3:

(seriously, just a light hearted joke, don't go all Tiger Fan....errrr...postal on me)

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosmer? ask all the GMs? put down the pipe dude.
he is a 1B..he lacks the power . how can you take him serious like you do?
there are so many other 1B that rank above him.
Fielder,Encarnacion,just the top of my head in the AL.

if you like light hitting..then Hosmer is your man

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers win again. take 3 of 4 from the mariners.

the number is down to 4.

Leyland has come out and said "Cokie" is throwing like shit.... but Leyland loves him some "Cokie"
iam sure he will find a way to let him blow a game or 2 in the post season.

we seen it with that turd raburn and with Inge.