• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see from the series with the Royals....Detroit is NOT some titanic, unstoppable, juggernaut. The team has some glaring flaws - and not just the bullpen. The offense is sporadic and depends totally on big innings and the Cabrera/Fielder combination. It is capable of running off three or four 10+ run games and then turn around and do little (as they did in KC). Their defense and lack of fundamentals will cost them games as well. Their lack of speed is leading to more DPs and little chance of manufacturing many runs. Granted, with the talent they have...they should avoid long losing streaks. But their "holes" will prevent them from running off long winning streaks as well.

The other 4 teams in the Central should hope to stay right around .500 and then keep their fingers crossed that they get hot in September. In my opinion....the Tigers can be had. Peralta might go bye-bye. Cabrera will be walked more and more. Fielder will see less fat pitches when the entire league realizes that Victor Martinez is no longer the RBI machine he was. The bullpen is a mess and the starting pitching may slow down, since (IMO) Scherzer and Sanchez can't keep up the good starts that they have had. Even Verlander is not the dominating pitcher he has been.

Fans of the Sox, Royals, Indians, and Twins should realize their winning the AL Central is a long shot....but definitely not impossible.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers road woes when it comes to scoring runs worries me the most. You can pick apart Verlander's season all you want, but he was the only high-dollar performer who earned his pay in the KC series. Tigers score 2, 3 and 2, go 4-for-24 with RISP, and our core 2-5 hitters (all making $13 million or more) do this:

Torii Hunter: 2-12, 0 RBI, 5 Ks, 11 LOB
Miguel Cabrera: 2-9, 2 RBI, 4 LOB (did draw 4 walks)
Prince Fielder: 3-13, 1 RBI, 5 LOB
Victor Martinez: 1-11, 1 RBI, 5 LOB

Frankly, if it wasn't for the bottom of the order in Game 2 and a fortunate strike call on Billy Butler, the Tigers probably get swept.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL yeah he goes on vacation when the Tribe goes on a big losing streak... How convenient :yahoo:

When they win a couple games he will magically appear again

We are on vacation asshat. Ever hear of a smartphone? Its this device that lets you read your email, watch ballgames & connect to websites & post while your away from your puter. You might consider getting one. Their pretty convenient :nod:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhhh Captain...after a couple of Tribe wins - YOU did reappear!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see from the series with the Royals....Detroit is NOT some titanic, unstoppable, juggernaut. The team has some glaring flaws - and not just the bullpen. The offense is sporadic and depends totally on big innings and the Cabrera/Fielder combination. It is capable of running off three or four 10+ run games and then turn around and do little (as they did in KC). Their defense and lack of fundamentals will cost them games as well. Their lack of speed is leading to more DPs and little chance of manufacturing many runs. Granted, with the talent they have...they should avoid long losing streaks. But their "holes" will prevent them from running off long winning streaks as well.

The other 4 teams in the Central should hope to stay right around .500 and then keep their fingers crossed that they get hot in September. In my opinion....the Tigers can be had. Peralta might go bye-bye. Cabrera will be walked more and more. Fielder will see less fat pitches when the entire league realizes that Victor Martinez is no longer the RBI machine he was. The bullpen is a mess and the starting pitching may slow down, since (IMO) Scherzer and Sanchez can't keep up the good starts that they have had. Even Verlander is not the dominating pitcher he has been.

Fans of the Sox, Royals, Indians, and Twins should realize their winning the AL Central is a long shot....but definitely not impossible.

FINALLY! Something that dont smack of 100% deaf/dumb/blind homerism :clap:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhhh Captain...after a couple of Tribe wins - YOU did reappear!

Been around on & off Iffy. I do post other then MLB. But like I said - smartphones were a great invention :nod:

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been around on & off Iffy. I do post other then MLB. But like I said - smartphones were a great invention :nod:

You are a Tribe fan but I won't hold it against you...your posts are really good and your avatar is hilarious.
Just keep having fun here, I know that I am!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a Tribe fan but I won't hold it against you...your posts are really good and your avatar is hilarious.
Just keep having fun here, I know that I am!

Thanks Towner, all much appreciated :suds:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain? You sure were posting on the AL SMACK TALK THREAD when the injuns were in first. What happened to that SUPERIOR bullpen? Detroits bullpen sucks, but yet has around a 1.00 lower ERA than the superior injuns. I notice 3 injun wins in a row and captain is back. Bwahahaha. Typical injun fan.

Has anyone recently had trouble getting on this site. Between the storms knocking out my power wednesday and thursday not being able to get on here.....i almost looked like a true injun fan....MIA.

Hope the stanley cup isnt a sweep...wanna go downtown next saturday and party with the hawk fans at the sparty bar. Cubs and hawks are the only 2 chicago teams i dont mind. As long as they not playing detroit. Plus duncan keith is a sparty!

Nos you shouldnt let a few homer tiger fans piss u off. All teams have them fans. I havent found one decent injun fan on here....twinkies had quest.....the royals, well, they only show up before the season talking shit....and the sox? I live in chicago....when they suck, everyones a hawk or bulls fan, but when they win? They are the worst. Especially having to listen to hawk harrelson....gnrsox was the worst on cbs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain? You sure were posting on the AL SMACK TALK THREAD when the injuns were in first. What happened to that SUPERIOR bullpen? Detroits bullpen sucks, but yet has around a 1.00 lower ERA than the superior injuns. I notice 3 injun wins in a row and captain is back. Bwahahaha. Typical injun fan.

Has anyone recently had trouble getting on this site. Between the storms knocking out my power wednesday and thursday not being able to get on here.....i almost looked like a true injun fan....MIA.

Hope the stanley cup isnt a sweep...wanna go downtown next saturday and party with the hawk fans at the sparty bar. Cubs and hawks are the only 2 chicago teams i dont mind. As long as they not playing detroit. Plus duncan keith is a sparty!

Nos you shouldnt let a few homer tiger fans piss u off. All teams have them fans. I havent found one decent injun fan on here....twinkies had quest.....the royals, well, they only show up before the season talking shit....and the sox? I live in chicago....when they suck, everyones a hawk or bulls fan, but when they win? They are the worst. Especially having to listen to hawk harrelson....gnrsox was the worst on cbs.

We have always been here abd always will, if you left the Tig or Indian board you would know.

Indians are being inconsistent right now, but they will be thar in the end so get used to it. Indtead you are being butthurt thinking you should already have the division wrapped up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before a Tig fan says, "Shane is back." :laugh3:

Don't worry, I will be here till the end.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before a Tig fan says, "Shane is back." :laugh3:

Don't worry, I will be here till the end.

Hey look! The frontrunner is back. Too bad....as soon as the Tribe loses a couple of games, ShanieO will be gone again. Hiding under his bed, I would guess.(But only after a big tantrum.)

:lol:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look! The frontrunner is back. Too bad....as soon as the Tribe loses a couple of games, ShanieO will be gone again. Hiding under his bed, I would guess.(But only after a big tantrum.)

:lol:

I guess you didn't read my last post. Ignorant Tig fans!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahaha a few wins and look at all the posts we get from shane and captain.

Why should the tigers have the division wrapped up? Its june. This isnt cleveland. We dont have parades in may and june for first place. The tigers do have the 2nd biggest lead in the majors for a team in first. Must suck being an injun fan. Everyone saying how bad the AL central is except for the tigers. And that isnt tiger fans saying that. Its most baseball fans and experts all over that picked the tigers to win, since the injuns suck so bad. At least minny is rebuilding.....KC is young as usual.....the sox didnt even try this offseason knowing it was going to be a long year, BUT the injuns spent money...bourne, reynolds, swisher, giambi, kazmir....they added pieces thinking they could contend. But pitching wins. And the injuns best would be maybe the tigers 5th. Once this team replaces papa fatso, they will be much better.....the tigers only have a few deadweight players....coke, valverde, and avila. The injuns have a team full of bums that are overpaid. Hows that nick swisher deal looking? Maybe you could dump his contract on another idiot ran team around the trade deadline. ALL HAIL UBALDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins get a solid win today to stop the little two game skid of AWFUL hitting. Had a very nice 6th inning with hits to set the table and a clutch knock by Mauer. Plouffe looked great in his return. He sure isn't all world but boy did we miss him. He's like Miggy in comparison to Jamey freaking Carroll. Arcia absolutely bombed another ball to the deepest part. Could have about 8 homers instead of 4.

Hopefully we can get the series win tomorrow before the Sox come to town. We have been kind of overing around this point lately.

Interesting to see what happens with Sanchez. We caught a bit of break but he clearly wasn't right today. Control was not good and obviously still hurt. Maybe DL?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins only team in the central with a win tonight. About 3 more weeks of that and we may have something here!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulda had that win today. Cane back and then Wash came back.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing the Indians bullpen is as bad as the Tigers.....otherwise Detroit would only lead by 3.5 games.

Shaneomatic....I thought that you said the Tribe's bullpen was awesome? Was that before Perez decided his dog could legally receive 'Lebanese Blond Hash' through the U.S. Postal system?

:hippie: